TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

College!

Scaparri

-Where do you go to college?

I attend the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (Go Gophers!).

-What are you studying?

I am studying civil engineering, so I know way too much about the scientific side of coasters.

-What made you go there?

Well, it was either here, Wisconsin, or North Dakota State. The wind NEVER stops blowing in Fargo, because the Badgers never stop sucking! (ducks out of the way) Seriously, we have a great CE program, as well as being a Minnesota homeboy.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Where do/did you go to college? University of South Florida - Tampa

-What are/did you studying/study? Sociology with an emphasis on gender and sexuality. (go figure)

-What made you go there? because I wasn't accepted at UF (it's true!)

graduated with a B.A., went on to Grad School and dropped out after the first year due to personal issues.

I'm a junior at NC State, and I decided to go here because of the great engineering school. Of course, I only stayed in the computer science department for a year and a half before tiring of it, and now I am in the college of management majoring in Business Management with a concenration in Information Technology. I'm doing a Film Studies minor just for the fun of it. In retrospect, I probably should have picked a different school, but NC State will do just fine, and I'm having a good time here.

-Where do/did you go to college?

Woodbury University in Burbank, California. Go... uh... oh, that's right. We don't have organized sports therefore no freakin' mascot!

-What are/did you studying/study?

I got a B.Arch (Bachelor of Architecture) in (what else?) Architecture. I am currently working for a firm in Santa Monica and am contemplating whether or not to pursue my Masters.

-What made you go there?

The Architecture program is one of the best (or so I'm told) in the country. However, if you're looking into the "college experience," DON'T go to Woodbury. My education in my field was top notch, I even interned for an internationally-known architect, but the rest of the school left much to be desired. As stated before, there are no sports, and I was very active in high school. I was looking forward to somewhat continuing my extracurricular activities in college, but Woodbury does not offer much in that department. I went from a high school that had so much pride and teacher/student involvement to a college that offers mediocrity at best. The Greek system is a joke, the administration doesn't care about its students, and even if they did, there is such a strong apathy among the student body that it really doesn't matter. I lived on-campus the first three years, and it was always a ghost town. Anyhoo, I've rambled on much too long. If you just want to go to class, get a degree and not get involved or have any sense of pride for your school, then go to Woodbury. If you're looking for the college experience, look somewhere else as there are other schools, even in SoCal, that offer Architecture.

Framingham State College for 3 semesters, as an English major. I wanted to be near Boston.

Then I transferred to UMass, Amherst, because FSC was small and boring. English major for one semester, then switched to theatre. Loved it, but kept either running out of money or getting a few too many Fs from skipping classes, thanks to the "4 year experience." LOL

Left after 2 years to move to Minneapolis, to work in theatre professionally. Did that for two years, then took a couple of years off to get divorced and figure out what to do with my life.

Decided to go back to school for dietetics. Spent 2 years at Minneapolis Community College, getting all of my science credits, then transferred to University of MN, Twin Cities, in the coordinated program in dietetics. Had less than a year to go on my degree and internship, when I dropped out and moved back to MA while my stepfather was battling cancer.

In the meantime, I met my husband, got married, had a baby, moved back to MN, moved to FL, and had another baby.

Now I'm less than two semesters away from getting my Associate Degree in Nursing from Florida Community College in Jacksonville. Will I actually complete a degree this time? We shall see.

• 10 months later...

Thank you for pointing out the error of my ways, Wes.

And I used the search funtion to check if I was repeating the topic. D'oh!

Anyway. Ba-dum-bum-bump

I am a Graduate of Salisbury University in Salisbury, MD. Where upon which I earned a Bachelor's Degree in Political Scince with a Minor in History. I also maintained a PERFECT ATTENDANCE record throughout my high school and college years. Wow! I impress myself sometimes.

Oh, and our university teams were called the Sea Gulls. That's right... The Seagulls.

Started at Universtiy of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and majored in Geography with a minor in Cartography (map making). Ended up getting a nice summer job at an insurance company and doing telecommunications works, I have no idea how I got rung into that. Ended up staying and transferring to DeVry for a BS in Business Adminstration (company paid).

I have nothing nice to say about DeVry. They may have "real world" experience but, no "real world" teaching skills. Thank god, my company paid for most of it.

I really want to go to Yale and get my doctoral degree (there's another name for this degree) in Enviromental Law. Other colleges that spark my interest are Harvard, Georgetown, Stanford, Emory, Oxford, and Cornell. Yeah, I know it's still early to think about college, but its better to start thinking early than late.

-Where do/did you go to college?

I'm headed off to Kenyon College in Ohio shortly.

-What are/did you studying/study?

I'm going to be studying molecular biology and Japanese. What I want to do with molbio when I graduate, I'm still not sure of. But theres lots of graduate programs and careers I can persue.

-What made you go there?

Small class sizes, beautiful campus, amazing reputation, great facilities. It pretty much had everything I was looking for in a college.

Mark "18 days until I go!" Luskus

I really want to go to Yale and get my doctoral degree (there's another name for this degree) in Enviromental Law. Other colleges that spark my interest are Harvard, Georgetown, Stanford, Emory, Oxford, and Cornell. Yeah, I know it's still early to think about college, but its better to start thinking early than late.

It's great that you're setting the bar high, but do realize that by the time you graduate from HS, that your interests may change, as may your college destination.

Oh, and another term for a doctoral degree is a PhD.

I plan on attending college in either California or Florida and right now I am interested in studying marine biology. Even if I change what I want to major in by the time I go to college, I do want a career that has to do with helping the environment/easing global warming/etc. If I go to college in Florida, I will most likely attend to the Florida Institute of Technology.

-Dennis

I'm going to the Catholic University of Louvain in september to start a 4 years education called Japanology. You basically learn everything about Japan: culture, history, laws, economics etc. and ofcourse the language.

I choosed for the CUL mainly because it was the closest college that offers japanology and also because it has a very long history (founded somewhere in the 15th century) and it's one of the most difficult universities of the world.

I went to UCONN, and got my Bachelors in Political Science.

Was that the biggest waste of money? Yes.. why? Because it's been two years, and I STILL don't have a full time job in politics. I'm finishing up some more credits in Business and Marketing, and am hoping to start my own consulting firm at some point. But oddly enough, in October, I'm going to be taking my local police department recruitment exam, so I guess I'll leave the political stuff for my spare time, as usual.

I attended Belmont University in Nashville, Tn.

I studied Marketing/Management.

I was also accepted at University of Tennessee, UNLV and a couple other colleges but decided on Belmont for a couple of reasons. I liked Nashville, I was away from home but not too far, beautiful campus, small class size, great reputation. It was a wonderful place and I'm glad I chose it.

Hey

I go to College at Florida Institute of Technology ( FIT )

I am majoring at Structural Civil Engineering.

I came to this college because FIT program is focused on theme park & roller coaster design and construction, also it is located in Melbourne just 5 minutes from the beach and 1 hour from Orlando.

I'm majoring in Kinesiology at York University in Toronto. I decided on York because it has a good Kin program, it's close to home and easy to get to, I get transfer credits which take a year off the length of my program, and I can eat with a fork. If you can eat with a fork you can go to York!..or at least that's what they say.

Since that in Québec the scholar system is different, you need to go to Cégep for 2-3 years depending on your program and then you go to university. So, right now, I am in the pure and applied sciences program at Maisonneuve College. I'm going to finish this year, then I'm going to McGill ! Some people may know McGill , as it is one of Canada's most famous university because that's where Rutherford made his experiences on radioactive bodies and the emission of alpha rays.

When I'll be at McGill, I plan on going for a PhD in mechanical engineering, you all guessed why ...

What made me choose Maisonneuve College and McGill is that they are leaders in science programs and I thought it would be great to go to those schools to get adequate learning.

From Québec too!

Right now I'm studying musical theater in Lionel-Groulx College, on Montréal's north shore. It is one of the leader school for performing arts in Québec. After that, I'm planning to go to Toronto, or, i don't know yet... I still have one year to decide! (Yeah, I'm entering 3rd and last year August 28th!)

PS rcoasters : I know lots of people from Maisonneuve, people from high school and also from the improvisation league... is it your first year there?

PS rcoasters : I know lots of people from Maisonneuve, people from high school and also from the improvisation league... is it your first year there?
So, right now, I am in the pure and applied sciences program at Maisonneuve College. I'm going to finish this year, then I'm going to McGill !

So no, it's not my first year and I can't wait to go to McGill next year !

• 2 weeks later...

Umm well..

I started at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. The city was a little much for me to take at 18 and I had far too good of a time there, so my GPA at 2.85 I transferred to Youngstown State University in Ohio where I assure you there is no way to have any sort of a good time. I graduated cum laude with a BS in Computer Science and a minor in Chemistry and then moved to Orlando where I promptly worked for three months programming finance software and decided I hated it, took a giant pay cut to work at a vet clinic as a vet tech and am now attending the University of Central Florida full time majoring in Molecular Biology and Microbiology and hoping to get into combined DVM/PhD programs for next Fall.

Damn I'm old.