TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada themeparks

Guest willDisneyToronto05

Hi. I just wondering if you guy's have ever been to Canada and visit this two theme park

1- Paramount's Canada's Wonderland in Ontario and

2- Six Flags La Ronde in Montreal,Canada

Bye...

EDIT: Welcome to Theme Park Review. I just adjusted your thread header to match the question you asked.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't

"What is your favourite Themepark"

and

"Hi. I just wondering if you guy's have ever been to Canada and visit this two theme park

2- Six Flags La Ronde in Montreal,Canada"

two entirely separate and unrelated questions? I was always under the impression that the thread title and the first post should generally be related...maybe it's just me, but...

Techically it's just "La Ronde". It's six flags run, but has not had the Six Flags name officially added yet.

I go to PCW all the time. It's a well run park, which has a lineup of rides which is as average as they come.

La Ronde I'm assuming I'm going to go to sometime this summer, just no idea when.

I have been to both parks twice. PCW is my favorite of the two, mainly because of the rare flat rides they have. I really don't care for their coasters... (mostly clones and some mediocre wooden coasters)

La Ronde has the better coasters, especially since they're about to open a brand new B&M Speed Coaster.

I've been to PCW a few times.

La Ronde, no.

Not even during it's Inaugural Engagement at (sniff-sniff) EXPO 67.

(How's THAT for dating one's self, hmmm?)

~ ~ ~

The only coaster I really loved at PCW was Vortex. That ride is rediculous. I've never been on another Arrow suspended, but this was a good one to start. So much speed and swinging. The only above average coaster that PCW had to offer, IMO. I've heard it's even better now wither shorter trains!

Hi. I just wondering if you guy's have ever been to Canada and visit this two theme park

2- Six Flags La Ronde in Montreal,Canada

PCW is a far more polished park than La Ronde. It has the complete flat ride collection, lots of cookie cutter theming (mostly well done), immaculate grounds, and an average coaster collection made up of mostly clones. Their in-park waterpark is on the level of Splashin' Safari. It is probably the most popular single park in Canada.

La Ronde is rough around the edges, and has questionable operations, but certainly has Canada's best coaster collection. La Monstre exceeded my expectations despite the Morgan trains, but was only running one track with one train most of the day (a second train was put on in the late afternoon, but only one track ran all day). La Ronde also has a great flat ride collection with several rarities. The addition of Goliath is a perfect fit for La Ronde IMO.

-Mark

I've been to PCW twice and it's a nice park with alright theming and a nice amount of coasters and flat rides

La Ronde is my home park and i've been working hard on my fan site. Just came back from taking pictures of Golaith and it looks amazing I'm going this weekend to get my SP and then the next week when it opens cannot wait to do Golaith and Monster in front again

Is there a possibilty of a visit from R&E and I had no idea that Robb once visited hope you enjoyed it

My fan site the la ronde lair should be up and running in the summer

I've been to PCW countless times, as its only about an hour drive from where I live. Its an alright park. Occasionally, the park can get really dirty, especially near the end of the day. The rides there aren't too bad, but there's nothing really special to write home about. The new addition of The Italian Job was a spectacular "meh". Probably their best coaster is the Arrow suspended coaster, Vortex. Out of any suspended coaster I've been on, this is by far my favourite. I would put it ahead of Big Bad Wolf without hesitation. The park has some pretty good flat rides, such as their top spin, Cliffhanger. Its especially awesome when they have the water jets turned on. I have never got so wet on a ride in my entire life. And that includes the water rides at IOA. If you ever go, stay away from Tomb Raider. Rat cages of doom suck.

I've driven by La Ronde a few times, and it looked like it had a good set of coasters. With the new addition of Goliath, I may have to take a road trip up to Montreal this summer to ride it.

I've been to PCW. Nice enough looking park, but it has one of the worst coaster collections ever. And the flat rides did NOT live up to the hype! When the best ride in the park is the powered mine train, you know there's a problem.

We did almost drown on that top spin, though. And we watched donuts get made. So a fun time was still had...

dt

^ Pretty much my thoughts on PCW - though I give their flats a little more credit, only a couple of them were OUTSTANDING. They just have a bunch, quite a few unique ones too, but that's about it. I keep reading Cedar Point being proclaimed as the "world's best collection of mediocre coasters", well is Wonderland the "world's best collection of crappy coasters"? Surely that's not a title to be proud of.

and yes my favorite ride was the powered mine train as well, it was pretty sweet 8)

I have been to PCW once, i had a great time. It was an overcast day so the park was not busy at all, and it was still warm since it was in august. The park was extremly clean when i went, i don't think i saw one piece of trash on the ground. The coasters aren't exactly the most thrilling, but still fun. Good flats, i think its the only park, or one of few, that has a Huss Jump 2 in North America. La Ronde i hope to get to some day, it looks like a good park, and they still have room to add rides.

I'm not sure I would descrive Wonderland's coaster collectin as "crappy". Average definetly though.

Even though their coasters aren't the best, I can definetly come up with many, many coasters I've ridden that are worse.

They have a ride collection that many US parks would kill for.

Unforunatly the park has zero competition, and so therefore doesn't need to build anything that's world record breaking, or world's best.

Even on off years when they build nothing their attendance will not dip at all. And even when they build a coaster they don't get a big spike like the US parks would.

I'm not sure I would descrive Wonderland's coaster collectin as "crappy". Average definetly though.

Even though their coasters aren't the best, I can definetly come up with many, many coasters I've ridden that are worse.

They have a ride collection that many US parks would kill for.

Unforunatly the park has zero competition, and so therefore doesn't need to build anything that's world record breaking, or world's best.

Even on off years when they build nothing their attendance will not dip at all. And even when they build a coaster they don't get a big spike like the US parks would.

The biggest flaw in PCW's coaster collection is that there are no stand out notable designs that appeal to seasoned park enthusiasts. However, what they do have isn't all that horrible. Wild Beast is a solid woodie, Vortex is among the greatest suspended coasters anywhere (and was custom designed for Wonderland before being cloned at PKI), and even their Togo Stand Up is pretty decent.

I know a Zamperla Volare is never going to win a coaster enthusiast popularity contest, but for the locals of Toronto who have never seen a flying coaster, it has proven to be quite popular. Same goes for Top Gun- a model you can find on nearly every corner in the U.S. and Europe.

With the large waterpark, and high overall ride capacity, PCW can handle near CP crowds on a day to day basis. Heck, it outdrew CP last year and had the highest attendance of *any* seasonal park in North America- despite a season at least 40 days shorter than CP's!

-Mark

^ Actually PCW's season is nearly the same as Cedar Point's. They open at the same time. They just lack the few extra weekends in October, and a few weekdays in May.

Actually even though the park calendar doesn't say so they might be open later in October. Last year they had their haloween events after the park "closed". Their haloween events are a paid admision(season pass holders get a slight discount).

Not sure if they're doing the same again this year. Though I refuse to go to a haloween event that makes me pay normal park admision even though I have a season pass.

^ They're doing it again this year, and it has seperate entrance fees again this year.

I live about 10 minutes from Wonderland, so I go often. I really dislike how much corporate shilldom goes on, but I guess it's a big chain park so it "has" to have it. I preferred it when it was in it's infancy stages of being a Paramount park, or pre-Paramount. But it's not bad. It's a good way to kill an afternoon. I'll be there on Friday!

I haven't been to either park yet, but plan on alleviating that situation this year. Heck, I'm even going as far as buying a Paramount Pass from Canada's Wonderland. TPR will be coming within the next couple of weeks!

The biggest flaw in PCW's coaster collection is that there are no stand out notable designs that appeal to seasoned park enthusiasts.

That is true.

However the problem with the park from our perspective, is the fact that it doesn't need a signature attraction like CP,SFMM,SFGAdv,etc.

They could build the worlds tallest coaster(they definetly have the money). But it wouldn't make sense money wise because it would barely affect attendance at all.

A small increase in enthusiast attendance wouldn't even make a blip in their profits.

^I TOTALLY agree with everything you just said.

I go to PCW pretty much every year, I live about 90 minutes away. It is my favorite park, but I haven't been to many. It does not have an outstanding collection of coasters; however, most are quite fun. It does have an impressive collection of flat rides IMO, and supposedly a great water park (I haven't been there in about 10 years).

The thing I like most about PCW is its aesthetics. I just think it's a beautiful park; lots of trees and perfectly manicured lawns. I don't know if it's just the timing of my visits, but everything looks clean and well maintained. There are not many eyesores in the park. I'd much prefer to visit an average park with beautiful scenery than a big hideous parking lot with the most amazing rides on Earth.

hv.jpg.fc3bd8849a00994c221e4dd92abe10ef.jpg

Even the back of the mountain is nice looking

hn.jpg.4d77a8e02074d9e13156ffc8ac5af86e.jpg

Fountains

hm.jpg.fa010498cf124123b6e253226d7a50ed.jpg

Entrance to the park!

hb.jpg.38e3da4a03bfd4a69c4b3439c192c470.jpg

entrance to the kiddy park area