TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Boomers - Dania Beach

-Zingo-

I got off work a little early yesterday so I went over to Boomers for a couple of hours. I noticed they were adding a few kiddie rides last time I was there, so I decided to bring the camera along. Here's a few photos.

04.jpg.b10ee41d918686e034fc32f700e4b2d4.jpg

The DBH heading down the 1st hill

05.jpg.9c7ac14807d6f0fd5d199da30aa6e477.jpg

DBH in the turn-about between the station and lift hill

11.jpg.94a389fd831e4d4858cc34218f4b395e.jpg

here's a picture from last year showing the old kiddie rides that were replaced

10.jpg.986bdf8777ca7c314902f34c94a1af68.jpg

the new swings - the whole area is still fenced off, looks like they just poured the new pavement

07.jpg.0700c71ca5155d40c09fbf730b971a3c.jpg

the new rides - you can see The Blender (the park's other thrill ride) sitting behind them

03.jpg.58540c61b9ea16a3f758f1ba0c474f40.jpg

veiw of the DBH layout from the top of the 1st hill - you can see how close the coaster sits to I-95

02.jpg.3de33e763f8251eb15fde894b5975875.jpg

Dania Beach Hurricane entrance

01.jpg.5d2a57c9adb4afb7711cfbd97b60d9aa.jpg

a veiw from the parking lot - Boomers has a massive 4 course mini-golf layout between the main arcade building and the coaster

08.jpg.2398a4feecad448e307ceb24f171cc56.jpg

and just for TPR - a shot of the often talked about Percussion Master

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for that PTR! I miss my old home coaster. Anyway, she looks as good as ever, but how's she running these days? If it's anything like when it opened, then I really can't wait to get back home in october for a visit.

For all of you woodie fans that don't know about the DBH, I suggest you check out the POV Robb posted, and then make the trip to south florida to check it out......it's a hidden gem with great airtime!

Scott "Take the time to make the sidetrip from Orlando to visit Fort Lauderdale and ride the DBH" B.

I seriously doubt you'll ever see any amusement park in either Broward or Dade county. For starters, it's pretty much land-locked unless you wanna build next to the Everglades, which would suck. Secondly, I highly doubt any city commission would ever aprove a proposal to do so. There's already too much else to do and spend your money on. Plus, they realize that Orlando has cornered the market, so there's really no reason to try and compete.

Don't get me wrong, while I lived there, I always wished for a Six Flags, but the closest we ever got was Six Flags Atlantis water park in the 80's, and then even that just faded into obscurity. Hmmm, if anything, that's what needs to return to the region...a world class waterpark. That's something Boomers could really expand into. There's still plenty of room surrounding it, if memory serves me right.

There really isn't alot of space to expand anymore. There is the large field right next to the DBH but really the only coaster style I could see fitting in that field would be a boomerang / deja vu type coaster or maybe a shuttle loop. The only other large section of land would be the area across the street where the go-carts are located.

I don't see them adding another coaster. The DBH is privately owned as it is and is just operated by Boomers through a contract agreement. One thing they could do is turn the place into a permanent carnival type park by adding some flat rides in the field next the coaster.

There really isn't alot of space to expand anymore. There is the large field right next to the DBH but really the only coaster style I could see fitting in that field would be a boomerang / deja vu type coaster or maybe a shuttle loop. The only other large section of land would be the area across the street where the go-carts are located.

I don't see them adding another coaster. The DBH is privately owned as it is and is just operated by Boomers through a contract agreement. One thing they could do is turn the place into a permanent carnival type park by adding some flat rides in the field next the coaster.

I always thought they'd be better off just getting rid of that old arcade and go-cart track, and using that land for something. I can't remember what's to the immediate south of the track though?