lock ness monster bgw

montu bgt

bbw bgw

Excalibur funtown usa

volcano pkd

revolution (before tasu) sfmm

Matterhorn dl

california screamin dca

EDIT: Fixed thread title. We like to use capital letters in the important words.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revenge of the Mummy at USF would get my vote.

Other contenders:

Space Mountain, Disneyland.

Alpengeist, BGE.

Top Thrill Dragster, CP. ("Sunday, sunday, sunday!" Even with the loss of the "rear wheels," TTD is still a triumph of minimalist theming.)

Erik Allen Elness

I'm going to have to say Dueling Dragons and Italian Job. Those are definately my favorites. Dragons queue is nothing short of incredible. It beats the heck out of every queue I've ever waited in. Italian Job has great theming throughout the ride. Not many people seem to really care for the ride, but it's actually one of my favorites. The theming really makes the ride.

Hmm... DD has an incredible queue, no doubt about it. The ride, though, is minimally themed - train design, castle wall, and that's about it. And some rides - ROTM, maybe BTMR - seem like themed rides with coaster elements added.

I'm really fond of BBW's themeing. It adds immeasurably to what otherwise is just another suspended coaster - the ride through the village really adds to the kinetic experience. Alpengeist's snow trenches and skis-in-the-chalet-roof not only carry through the theme in a ride-enhancing way, they're even kinda witty. And I'm surprised that RnRC hasn't gotten more votes - the queue and the ride itself interact to tell a full story, sorta.

From what I've seen in pictures/videos, Expedition Everest is the best, hands-down. That is, if you count the ride, the queue, and the entire atmosphere surrounding the ride.

But from what I've been on, I'd say Dragon at Legoland California or Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland.

My list for best theming

Dueling Dragons

Hulk

List for Best Landscaping

Kumba (Trenches and hops and stuff make for a fun ride)

Shiekra (just the best laid out area ever)

Not on my list but everyone else put it on thiers.

Montu (The theming was a nice try, but its not the best theming in the world. In fact, I felt the area was poorly layed out and not very inspired. But at least its better than what Six Flags or Cedar Fair have ever given us.)

California Screaming (its themed to a beach coaster... ooh how inspiring. Sure its a nice idea and a fun ride but not enough to make it the best themed imo.[;)])

And there are some others up there that I don't really feel like getting into right now.

I guess "best themed" could be a subjective term depending on what you like and don't like. If say, you do not like coasters themed as huge mountains, then Everest may not be what you would consider the best themed. However, it is not even debatable, in my opinion, that Everest is the "most highly themed" coaster in not only the US but the world. Period.

They spent a reported 100 mil on that thing and while I obviously don't know exactly how much went into the coaster itself I can guarantee it was less than half. That's over 50 mil on theming. No way any other coaster comes close to that.