TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~ ~ ~

VANCOUVER CANADA

oh please oh please oh please oh please I beg to the Theme Park Gods!~!~!

Been so close a number of times, then.... phffft.

Even Disney looked up here once, late 50s - decided 'naw' because of the rainy weather we sometimes have - hah!

I would say Indianapolis, but we have SFKK two hours south, Kings Island two hours east, and IB an hour and a half north, so there really wouldn't be much point.

I'm going to agree with Julie and say that Nashvegas could use another one.

Belfast, Northern Ireland

We, the people in Ireland need one. How about a park just outside Belfast! We have a crappy "Amusement park" in Portrush, at the very top of Ireland, and who would travel 70 miles, just to go somewhere, were you would even call an "Amusment park". I could say worse things about it, but since this is a forum for all ages, I might not.

But it sucks, because if we did get a theme park, there probably wouldnt be enough people to keep it running, or at least they could make it a seasonal park, like CP.

SFNE and Canobie are the closest parks to me, and they are a little more than 2 hrs away. Rhode Island has ZERO amusement/theme parks... I think one should be built in western RI near Coventry (where there's ALOT of open land right alongside rte. 95.

Of course, if this "Utopia Studios" theme park comes through in Connecticutt that's only about an hour from my home, and that's enough to make me happy.

I really think we should get a themepark near Bergen in Norway. The closest park is Kongeparken, which is 4-5 hours south from Bergen and its only a family park. Then theres Tusenfryd, which is 300 miles east for Bergen.....

How 'bout good 'ole NYC?

The greatest city in the world can't be that great without a theme park, right? I guess just trying to get around in NYC is scarier than any coaster imaginable!

G "Theme park...? Fo' getta bout it!" Money

In all fairness, I think Australia is the most deserving.

They have grown to have a large population now, and the tourist industry is massive (Everyone says they want to go to Australia!), so more parks, more coasters and all that.

Of course, the selfish side of me just wants stuff right down the road from my house. But that's the cop out answer

I think eastern CT needs one or Rhode Island. We are expecting a new theme park maybe in 2012? called Utopia Studios thats supposed tobe awesome sohopefully that goes through iknow itsapprovedbut they havent said that they were defintly were going to build it. which will begood because i only live a half hour away forthe chosen location. But anyways Ct and RI need some amusement park big ones not small ones.

The Metro Detroit area needs a theme park big time I didnt live up here when Boblo Island was still open but from what I have heard it was a decent park when they kept out the Detroit street gangs and the Canadian motorcycle gangs out but that didnt happen that often. It sucks all we have is a crummy State Fair for a month and a few water slides run by parks departments. I'm sure if someone ever did try to build a park up here Cedar Fair would do everything in its power to stop it since so many of their Cedar Point vistors come from the Detroit area.

I know I am being biased here, but I would say HAWAII!. All we have is a water park on another island (OAHU) and the state would surely increase its tax revenue, year-round operation (yeah weather) and increased tourism (even though hotels are at capacity in general).

**I thought there is already an action plan in developing another themepark in Nashville again. I thought Opryland (or Gaylord, Ent) was close to an announcement.

I was wondering what cities should have a theme park. I for one think Las Vegas, NV should have one. What do you guys think?

Vegas has a proper theme park. In Fact, I was there two weeks ago. Adventuredome at Circus Circus. Dont forget about random coasters at Sahara and NY NY. And rides on Stratosphere.

The whole town is kind of a giant theme park too.