TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Graduation Songs

Simple, post a song great for a Graduation, or moving on. You can repeat what other people put, just post which one you like in your opinion!

Mine is......DRUM ROLL!

Bad Day-Daniel Powter. I personally think its perfect for a Graduation!

Post yours! -Zack-

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sunscreen Song, duh!

Our seniors choices were:

Photography by Nickelback (Cut out the first verse and it'll be great!)

Good Riddance by Green Day (Graduations, Weddings, Parties, where haven't you heard this song?!)

or another song about a one night stand.

The fact that "Good Riddance" is played at everything under the sun makes me not like it one bit.

At the end of last spring semester, my residents made a end-of-year slide show, and it ended with "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart, and everyone was bawling.

Other good ones are "Oh How the Years Go By" by Amy Grant and "Wonderwall" by Oasis.

Paul "Get the Kleenex" Miller

My high school graduation songs were "End of the Road" by Boys II Men, and "Crossroads" by Bone Thugs-n-Harmony...two songs that I got sick of very quickly, but which would both be nice choices now since neither is played very much now (actually, I don't think I've heard "Crossroads" a single time since 1997!!).

For college, I made an album for myself and a friend that contained:

REM - "It's the End of the World" (as we know it, and I feel fine)

Smashing Pumpkins - "Today" (is the greatest day I've ever known)

Alice Cooper - "Schools Out for Summer"

Kool and the Gang - "Celebration"

Republica - "Ready to Go"

I also included a sound clip from Braveheart that said "Many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take...OUR FREEDOM!!!" Yeah...we both hated college

-Julie

Well for my 8th grade graduation, the 7th grade band played Star Wars, becuase the band directer at that school sucks, and that's all they knew how to play. I couldn't stop laughing!!

For good laughs, Star Wars is the song of choice!

When I graduated from high school, our graduation song was MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This!" Yes, I am old.

Personally, I think the Bloodhound Gang's "The Ballad of Chasey Lain" would be a nice graduation song.

We don't do graduation over here the way you guys do, but our two end of high school songs were We Go Together, from Grease, and I've Had The Time Of My Life, from Dirty Dancing. Guess whoever arranged that had a thing for cheesy movies, but they both seemed pretty appropriate at the time actually. There was a third, but I can't remember what it was so I'm guessing it wasn't good/significant enough to stick in my mind.