TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Have you ever been on a coaster in the rain?

I've been on Millennium Force, front row, in pretty heavy rain... and it was miserable. It hurt so bad.

Also been on Maverick and Wicked Twister in the rain. Both in front row. Wicked Twister in the rain, in the front row was weird. Spiraling straight up in the rain was really unique. Fun enough I rode it several times in the rain! (It was a walkon!)

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on Millennium Force, front row, in pretty heavy rain... and it was miserable. It hurt so bad.

Also been on Maverick and Wicked Twister in the rain. Both in front row. Wicked Twister in the rain, in the front row was weird. Spiraling straight up in the rain was really unique. Fun enough I rode it several times in the rain! (It was a walkon!)

What's worse, the rain or the bugs at night?

I've ridden the Voyage in rain at night and I didn't know what was going on even though I had ridden many times before. It was weird having rain hit your face and the stop when you go in a tunnel and then resume when you exit the tunnel over and over.

What's worse, the rain or the bugs at night?

By far the rain.

Two years ago I rode El Toro at night in the rain. It was the worst experience ever! When we got in line it was drizzling and we rode the ride twice that day b/c we had fast pass. By the time we got to the front of the line I I thought the ride would close. It was close to the parks closing time and the rain was much heavier but they keep sending trains out.

We got on the ride.... WORST experience ever The rain felt like little bee-bee's hitting my face. I still love the ride and it is still one of the best woodies I've ever been on but after the first drop I just ducked my head b/c to avoid getting slapped in the face with rain, lesson learned. I remember just wanting it to be over b/c it was painful.

• 5 months later...

I rode most of the coasters at Carowinds in the rain, but the particularly memorable rain ride was Fury 325 at night in a torrential downpour. If felt like being repeatedly stung in the face by a bunch of hornets. Still a good time.

I asked my girlfriend to my HS prom last year via Diamondback on-ride photo. It was a terrible day weather wise and rained all day but we had to go. The first time we rode, I executed the ask properly, but the cameras didn't work. It sucked. So we went on again, but in the front this time. So brutal. But at least the photos worked this time.

It ended up raining all day. My GF and my buddy rode front on the The Beast in the rain. That wasn't a good time for them up front.

I've had lots of coaster experiences with rain, since Six Flags Great Adventure can run most of their coasters in pretty much any weather. I love riding coasters in the rain! My most recent experience was on Wooden Warrior at Quassy, I rode it with my friends about 20 times in a row. I absolutely love that ride, but it's even better in the rain.

I've rode Patriot at Worlds of Fun in the rain.

Lifesaving Advice: NEVER RIDE A B&M INVERT IN THE RAIN. The top of the trains collect water from the downpour, and as you travel up the lift, the experience is similar to the tipping buckets at water parks.

My first visit to BGW it was raining the entire day, and there were some parts of the day where the rain was actually pretty heavy! (More than just a sprinkle.) Still managed to ride everything in the park! So I get to add:

Tempesto

Alpengeist

Apollo's Chariot

Griffon

Loch Ness Monster

-and-

Verbolten

To my list of coasters I have been on in the rain!! Out of all of them I think Apollo's Chariot was the worst of all in terms of pain from the rain. I sat in the front and spent the entire time covering my face because the rain hurt so bad!!

#GoodTimes

My one and only experience riding a coaster in the rain was about 15 years ago on S:ROS at SFA.It had been cloudy all morning that day,but no real rain-until I got the front seat of S:ROS.There was some misty drizzle going up the lift hill,but by the time the train got to the first helix I and everyone started feeling the raindrops-and how!Me and the people behind me had thought it was hail at first!Fortunately we were able to get off before the thunder nd lightning came along.

I have been on a few rides in the rain, but I have also been lucky a few times, like on Nemesis Inferno. It was raining the whole time that I was in the queue, until I was in the station. The great thing was that I did not have to ride in the rain, and it was going super fast. Only on really fast rides (60mph+) is rain painful.

I've done a few laps on El Toro in a real downpour for instance. It felt like my skin was being sandblasted off and someone was constantly poking my eyes at the same time. Still, some rides are just too damned good to pass up a few extra laps on even in a monsoon.

Had my first ride on Colossos when it started pouring. Combined with the hard-hitting rain and the jerkiness of the ride itself it wasn't all that fun.

Then I had to fiddle around outside the entrance to Desert Race and wait for the rain to dissipate so they could run it again (it was probably the only coaster Heide-Park would stop when it rains).

I had the pleasure of riding Fury 325 in a very light rain this summer. Despite the rain being "pretty much nothing" at ground level, I still wound up in an immense amount of pain. Do not recommend.

We rode Fury in a complete downpour last year and it might have been the most painful ride on any coaster I've ever ridden. It's between that, my ride on Nitro in the sleet and my ride on the Great Adventure Viper on a pleasant 75 degree afternoon.

Yes, I've been on coasters many times in the rain and a couple of times in hail as well! Back when I was in grade 8, our school went to Canada's Wonderland and we were riding coasters in rain and hail. It was a horrible but, fun experience. I haven't rode any coasters in hail since but, have been on many coasters in the rain since then! But, the chances of re-riding coasters are extremely high on days like that! Especially rainy Saturdays in September and October!

One that Chuck had brought up earlier, I'd forgotten...

Thunder Coaster at Tusenfryd, as an Add-on Park

at the end of the TPR 2006 UK Tour.

And it was one of the very, VERY few, that I actually enjoyed, in the rain. Truth!

The rain is what gave running problems to Speed Monster, their newest steel launch,

all day that visit. But the woodie just roared through it all, and it was amazing!

UK059a_TusenfrydThundercoaster.jpg.f75bf93e441b7ea2a0788ad196cadb51.jpg

Taken by Chuck, I believe. Thanks Chuck! I'm the hippie in front, with Bob, there. In a less-wet moment. (o;