TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Have you ever been on a coaster in the rain?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah quite a few coasters actually... I was in Thorpe park last year when one of those huge rainstorms hit. We got a final ride on Nemesis Inferno during one of the short downpours at the leading edge of the storm. Then we tried to head over to Ninja I think and it just dumped right as we were next in line and they shut it down... Needless to say there wasn't a whole lot of shelter available and so there was much scrambling for cover... Fun day but really a bummer with the weather...

Wooden coasters are simply fantastic in the rain. When I lived 2 blocks from BGT, I would always make a point to stop in and get a lap on Gwazi (when it was very good) when it rained. That ride used to be unbelievable in the rain.

Also, my first ride on Raven was in the rain.

// You don't need rain to get that effect on Millennium Force. Ride it in late August and the bugs will give the same sensation.

I've been on many in the rain. MF in the front row was quite the experience I must say. Aside from the pain, it was the greatest ride I've ever had on it.

I rode Apollo's Chariot in the torrential downpour. I don't know if it still holds true, but at the time, BGW had the policy that as long as there is no lightning, they'll keep the rides running (with the exception of Wild Maus, when it was there, because of the brakes). Well, it was already running and as we went up the lift hill (in the front seat might I add), we began to get hammered as the rain came down harder and harder. It was quite painful, but one of the best coaster rides I've ever had, period.

I've done Cyclone at SFNE in the rain. The ride ran great with the slick track, but it did feel like I was being pelted with thousands of tiny little needles.

I also did Hypersonic in the rain, which I expected to hurt like hell, but I think the people in front of me blocked most of the water from hitting me.

Hey guys-

Great stories of riding coasters in the rain (an exception for Nemmy ). I wish I've been on half of the things you guys have been on, but that's a different story.

// You don't need rain to get that effect on Millennium Force. Ride it in late August and the bugs will give the same sensation.

Very true.

-Brent

lamest topic ever.....

Yes I have been on 30+ coasters in the rain.. WOrst would have to be SROS sfne in the front seta 3 or 4 times... it hurt so much you had to keep your hands in from of your face...

SuperheroII at SFNE it rained ALL day so we even had ERT on BDK SROS and the SLC in the rain.. part of the park also flooded.. and it felt has if only 100 people were in the park...

I have been on an S&S tower.. in a THUNDERSTORM! (not so fun )

I have been at... IOA, CP, WDW, SFNE, Canobie, Whalom, 4-5 Fairs, Santas Village NH, SFOG, SFWW (a thunder storm rolled in... THAT was chaos!) AA, BGW, and umm thats just off the top of my head....

Both times I've been to Magic Mountain I rode Batman the ride at night in the rain. Everyone was complaining they got raindrops up their nose during the inversions. I didn't get any rain up my nose. Maybe I'm just lucky.

I rode Pheonix and Twister in the rain a couple of years ago. That was crazy! It was *pouring* for my one and only ride on Twister.

I've also done Riddler's and California Screamin' when it was raining.

I wish Knott's would stay open when it was raining. I'd love to ride Ghostrider in the rain.