TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Disappointing Coaster!

Easy. SFDL's Predator. It was 1997, and I was afraid of OTSR's at the time (thanks to Dragon Mountain's headache), so Viper and Mind Eraser were out. Darien Lake had Nightmare at the time, so I rode that and absolutely loved it. I then went over to Predator, thinking it would be as good. I was so wrong. It was absolutely terrible, I just wanted to get off so bad the whole time. I've never been beat up so much on a coaster.

I love Viper now though, and Mind Eraser isn't that bad, so i'm glad I got over my OTSR fear.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonnere de Zeus was my all time biggest letdown. It was awful when I rode it. I was expecting top 5 and it ended up on the bottom half of my rankings. To be fair, I do understand that it has the potential and I'd like to get back on it someday.

Millennium Force was a slight letdown but I think I knew it wouldn't be like Superman. I also rank Thunderhead around 15 but I was surprised by it since GCI had yet to really prove itself to me. But I agree that it lacks in the airtime department. As for the Coney Cyclone, I was a bit underwhelmed when I first rode it but I thought it was great last year. It's an aggressive, classic ride.

Steel - Hypersonic XLC (PKD)

Wood - SOB

...Thankfully I only live about 40 minutes away from PKI, so it wasn't a terrible downer. Hypersonic was a really depressing experience. I'd waited for 2-3 years to ride it, and it was awful. But I quickly forgot about it after I rode Volcano.

Volcano was a real letdown. I just missed riding it in '98 when it first opened, and had to wait seven years to get another chance at it. And it was going along well, I enjoyed - and then it just ENDED. There was nothing to it. Booo.

Great Bear is another one I was looking forward to and then it disappointed. It was like, loop, heartline, bunch of turns, done. Nothing! Bah.

Storm Runner was good but I was expecting a lot more. For whatever reason I thought it was longer and did more stuff. It also ended going downhill, which is really anti-climatic.

some people were let down by Millenium Force? i know its not the greastest but it was sure a blast. dont go thinking im a CP fanboy, im not but you can't tell me it wasnt awesome in some way. Ill take SROS at SFNE over it anyday.

My dissapointment was Mantis. First standup, big letdown. painful on my legs, maybe it was because i drove 9 hours to go ride it. who knows, but it didnt give me that good coaster feeling.

Biggest letdown? When I am not able to go to the park because:

a. I cant afford it

b. there is a thunderstorm

c. can't get any time off work

d. too much school work.

I have been counting the minutes untill I start driving south for holiday world and then cedar point.

Mine is a tie between Son of Beast and Mummy

Son of Beats just wasn't that great - a couple big helixes and a loop... not to mention it was one the ruffest I've been on.

Mummy just wasn't as impressive as I thought it would be. I guess I just listened to too much hype. The effects were cool and everything, so as a dark ride it was great - but as a coaster it was lame. I also thought the seating wasn't comfortable at all.

Balder was a slight letdown for me. I had alot of fun on it, but it felt too controlled. Especially the turns were a bit lame. It is actually the best wooden coaster I have been on, but I refuse to belive that its the best woodie in the world. But as we know, its all about opinions....

There are a few in my book.

G Force

Man that was such a excitment, the first X Car in the UK, and i was going to ride it, and then the lift was fun enough, straight after it came the rough ride, it was nightmarishly rough, such a short ride. Pffft. Only the lift is good

Rita

Just the launch is good, the rest is ok, not the best, could've done with a inversion, lol.

S:UF at SFGAm, i've heard the ride get praised to much, but when i rode it it was so boring, i didn't even get the "high intensity" pretzal loop. Maybe i was in a pants seat for that, but still the the corners were so boring and i found the jolt as you enter the brakes kinda pointless.

Iron Wolf was the star of that visit =D

The "new" Space Mountain at Disney Land, I was expecting a bit more than the same layout as before making almost all right turns.........sucked having to wait several years and that being the outcome.

Psyclone still sucks, the opening dive into a tunnel was a cool concept, but the first drop is short and painful, with absolutely zero airtime the whole stupid ride.........what gives?!?! It looks to have all the elements of a good ride, but flat out sucks. Colossus has more airtime, and at least can carry some speed around the turns.

Any of the "Bobsled Coasters" built in the mid to late 80's were a let down. Cedar Point Has made theirs semi-reridable by enclosing it though.

Superman The Escape

Iron Dragon

Vertical Velocity (or V2 as it's sometimes called)- let me point out that although this ride is still fun, it's not all that spectacular.

Wicked Twister -see above