TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Disappointing Coaster!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X at SFMM -- People kept on saying how great this coaster was. I ended up waiting 70 minutes for this ride. The first drop upside down was cool, but I thought the rest of the ride was pretty crappy! I waited 55 minutes too long for this coaster.

The Beast at PKI -- It goes really fast down straight pathways. Ho-hum!

Alpengeist- It was fun, but it was the first invert I have ridden outside of Florida. I rode it when I was first getting into coasters and I expected that the biggest B&M invert would automatically beat Montu and Dueling Dragons. Well, that was a letdown.....

...Loved Apollo's Chariot though!

Superman: The Escape. Discovery Channel over-exaggerated it's experience as once I rode it, I wondered "Where's my 6 seconds of weightlessness???" I wasn't stapled down either. I actually felt like I was driving my car down a freeway, reclined back (ok, that felt kinda weird but nothing big), and looked up at the sky. The rest felt like I was a passenger illegally sitting backwards on the floor of a van again, going down the freeway.

Psyclone also let me down as well. I heard from 1 website before that Psyclone was a bit rough but I'd expect that out of a woodie. I was all excited as it was my first walk-on at SFMM (on a saturday). Looking down the first drop, I raised my hands and prepared for a shout of joy...Instead, it came out as "Ow..." Afte the turnaround, I thought "OMG, Airtime!!!" Coming on the hill, it rolled over it like my car driving up an overpass. Repeat that process for the rest of the ride...I coulda slept on it if it weren't so jerky. The funny thing was that I went on it again, but we had to balance ourselves out so the train would be able to make it over the hills.

#1 most disappointing was Millenium Force. Almost no airtime, and wind was hitting me so hard that I couldn't breathe or keep my eyes open during the ride. Very disappointing.

A close #2 is Thunderhead. Everyone said (and still says) that it is such a fantastic woodie, and really, I don't get it. I felt no airtime whatsoever, and sure it was nice, but it wasn't "best woodie in the world" nice. It's not even in my top 10 woodie list...probably not even my top 15.

-Julie

^Rode Thunderhead about a dozen times and was kinda disappointed too. Minimal airtime on the first drop as well. Good ride, but just good. I'll take the OzCat any day!!

But, the biggest disappointment, No doubt: Coney Island Cyclone!!

After about 10 rides during ERT, I was still like "Uh...OK...That's it???"

It was much more fun getting lost with Robb in Harlem 2 hours later!!

JJ

I guess my most recent example would be Top Gun The Jet Coaster. I mean, it was good, but I'd heard from so many people say that it's the best B&M invert ever built. In all honesty, It's probably my least favorite of the B&M inverts I've been on. The first drop was awesome, the layout was fun, but it didn't seem to pack the same punch that rides like Montu and Raptor do. The inversions weren't quite as intense and the ending was kind of weak. Yet again, it was still a pretty good ride though.

Julie, you didnt get airtime down the entire first drop from the back seat? I love that drop.

Just wondering,

-James

It felt like a first drop...nothing to write home about. It wasn't "OMG best first drop ever!!!" quality, but it was fine. Really, I liked the coaster, but I personally don't see what everyone else sees in it.

-Julie

Psyclone

I actually thought it would be a decent ride when I rode it for the first time. I hadn't known much about it as this was a few years ago and I actually went on it expecting an ok ride. Boy was I mistaken. It causes me intense pain in the stomach like no other coaster I've been on. Just horrible. Only been on it one other time since.