TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Disappointing Coaster!

This ride is BARELY in my top 20 and it used to be #2. It's a great ride but it hasn't aged well and due to how well it ran in the past I think it's absolutely a bit overrated now. It's still a really good ride though which is why I haven't listed it... With that coaster I expect a great ride and get a really good ride... with X2 I expected a great ride and got a horribly shaky and painful piece of crap that I swore I would NEVER ride again... then 10 years later I did and it was even worse than I remembered. So that has Bizarro beat for me but I think your assessment of Bizarro is absolutely fair.

Agreed X2 can be an absolutely horrible ride if not in the correct seat but when you get a good ride it's absolutely amazing. When it's good it's tied with Maverick for my personal #1 but when it isn't riding good it's just awful. Tip always ride of stair side as close to row 7 as possible for the possible ride.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably going to seem extremely stupid but Journey To Atlantis at SeaWorld Orlando. I saw a Roller Coaster Documentary of it and it seemed like it was 98% enclosed except for the splashdown. However the "Surprise" is revealed in a loop in the queue line ruining it for EVERYONE and there are huge chunks outside and the theming has gone downhill. To make matters worse, I barely got wet.

I usually have realistic expectations for coasters and rarely get disappointed.

This is my policy with most coasters, but when it comes to the insanely hyped ones (like Maverick, Bizarro (SFNE), I305, Expedition Ge Force, etc.) all logic goes out the window for me. If I went onto Bizarro with the same expectations I had for a coaster I'd never looked into I'd probably love it a lot more. For example, I knew nothing about Great Bear besides it being a B&M invert and it blew me away because I was so pleasantly surprised by the ride. The only coasters that have lived up to (or exceeded) my crazy hype is Maverick and Millennium Force. I'm trying to downplay my insanely high expectations for Wicked Cyclone, Boulder Dash, and Skyrush (which I'll be riding for the first time this year), but I hope they don't disappoint!

Defiently Alpengeist. I was expecting a forceful old-school B&M invert and instead just got the crap beaten out of me. I ended up throwing up in the line for le Scoot because of how bad the ride was.

When did you go? It was giving pretty great rides this (EDIT: 2014) season.

Edited by A.J.

I usually have realistic expectations for coasters and rarely get disappointed.

This is my policy with most coasters, but when it comes to the insanely hyped ones (like Maverick, Bizarro (SFNE), I305, Expedition Ge Force, etc.) all logic goes out the window for me. If I went onto Bizarro with the same expectations I had for a coaster I'd never looked into I'd probably love it a lot more. For example, I knew nothing about Great Bear besides it being a B&M invert and it blew me away because I was so pleasantly surprised by the ride. The only coasters that have lived up to (or exceeded) my crazy hype is Maverick and Millennium Force. I'm trying to downplay my insanely high expectations for Wicked Cyclone, Boulder Dash, and Skyrush (which I'll be riding for the first time this year), but I hope they don't disappoint!

i wouldn't worry about skyrush , need to catch up with boulder dash tho...

and yeah, already posted this but farenheit...blech...

Edited by livinandrockin

Mystery Mine>Tennessee Tornado? Nah

I had 7 rides on Mystery Mine that day, 3 of which were at night, and it never got old for me. TT just got kind of boring after my 3rd ride. I also found it to be too short of a ride (Ironic considering that Griffon is my favorite coaster). I went back for a night(ish) ride, and I enjoyed it a lot, but Mystery Mine was just so damn fun!

I was very let down my Millennium Force. It's just a bunch of large, mildly forceful curves with very few airtime moments. The drop was not all that great either; I think Diamondback's is much better shaped and much more thrilling despite being 80ft shorter. I'm holding out hope that Fury will fill the 300ft hole ripped out of my heart by Millennium Force.

Excalibur at Valleyfair. Hated it as a kid. Found the online community and they sung praises. I thought maybe I didn't give it a proper chance, rode it again, and still hated it, only with much more disappointment. Short layout, rough track-bending and transitions by Arrow, and it takes WAY too long to walk back there for that massive let-down.

Mystery Mine's theming is great and so is the twisted drop into the hangtime.

If you were to put lap bar only restraints on Mystery Mine it would be a fantastic ride, its just to rough as it is, great theming or not.

I completely agree with this, the outdoors section following the first lift was shockingly jerky which led to quite a bit of head banging for me. Even the finale was a bit uncomfortable because of the OTSRs.

I'm adding Kingda Ka to my list. Having such a coaster "past" with Top Thrill dragster... I had such huge expectations for Ka... And boy did it let me down. The launch was like riding a giant vibrator down the track, the trim at the top killed any airtime there may have been in the front row, and the "airtime hill" provided 0.0 seconds of airtime.

This is probably the coaster I waited the longest to ride and looked forward to the most, and I absolutely HATE saying this because I LOVE the park, but my #1 most disappointing roller coaster ever is Millennium Force.

One of the most beautiful coasters I have ever seen, a great name, great specs, but it breaks my heart. I was expecting airtime, a punch, something memorable, but it delivered such a mundane first ride, and has since not impressed me at all. I would say Golitah/Titan is better, and would skip MF for TTD as my last ride of the night.

I think the problem most people have is that they expect Millennium Force to be this wild airtime machine because airtime is the best thing a coaster can have, right? So that HAS to be the reason it gets voted #1 by so many places. And don't get me wrong, I love me some crazy airtime (El Toro ), but G-forces aren't everything to me. I notoriously LOVE plenty of "forceless" B&M's. And I think what I love about MF so much is just the experience of soaring through the air at such a great speed (and I get great floater air on the 3 hills). I can totally understand MF being a let down and major disappointment to many based on it's hype and reputation alone, but it still surprises me when people say it's boring or mundane. To each their own I suppose.

Edited by p-sychiatrist

Adventure Express at Kings Island should be on this list, but I laugh harder on that coaster than almost any other ride just because the ending is so anti-climatic.

Verbolten. If that's all 50 million dollars gets you then...

I know it's a family coaster (and trust me I love family coasters), but overall it is just a huge disappointment to me for the money they put into it. A positive however is that I absolutely love the trains and the restraints.

Verbolten's step-sister, Cheetah Hunt, is probably the sexiest, best family coaster out there though.

I think the problem most people have is that they expect Millennium Force to be this wild airtime machine because airtime is the best thing a coaster can have, right? So that HAS to be the reason it gets voted #1 by so many places. And don't get me wrong, I love me some crazy airtime (El Toro ), but G-forces aren't everything to me. I notoriously LOVE plenty of "forceless" B&M's. And I think what I love about MF so much is just the experience of soaring through the air at such a great speed (and I get great floater air on the 3 hills). I can totally understand MF being a let down and major disappointment to many based on it's hype and reputation alone, but it still surprises me when people say it's boring or mundane. To each their own I suppose.

This. Millennium has been my #1 steel for years now for the same reason. Hell, it's my mom's favorite coaster, too. We'll go to Cedar Point, she'll ride it a few times, and she's ready to go home!