TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Site outages....

Hey everyone,

I apologize about the downtime. Server trouble! But we're working on a solution now!

To be honest, I'm not even sure why or how the forum is actually running at the moment!

So if it goes down again, please bear with us and know it will be back 100% very soon!

--Robb

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Yup I have just learned about that too....

I guess the server wasn't strong enough to handle that big of a beating!!!!

I've made some changes to it now.

--Robb "Athough we might be doing some more changes to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen again." Alvey

Please stop making the server go down. I have a tendency to hyperventilate if I can't look at TPR during my lunch break.

Glad you're on top of things and care so much about us all to try and fix things as soon as possible, you're awesome!

This site continues to kick ass. Never apologize, and thanks for all the hard work you guys do to entertain the rest of us.

Now I have a question: what can a site do to prepare for an onslaught of visitors brought on by a Slashdot or Digg post? I only ask because my old site would get destroyed when I used to post NAB or Siggraph reports to it, and the only thing we could do was sort of sit around and wait for it to die down. Is it just asking your provider for more bandwidth or something else? I'm really curious about this, though I understand if you don't want to reveal secrets about how your site works or anything.

dt