TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Intense B&M!

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I really don't agree with Kumba. It's fun and unique but I found it be like Bizarro/Medusa with a floor. I know they're totally different except for inversions but I didn't find it omfg amazing, I was just like yay history.

I LOVE Montu. Easily my favorite B&M.

I like S:UF only for the pretzel loop in the back seat. I liked that part of the ride much better than Tatsu's.

Raptor is great during Halloweekends. Fog in your face the whole second half.

B:TR at night with your restraint one notch too loose (still safe! don't worry!) is amazing especially in the area by the wingovers.

Edited by eltoro96

...Idividual intense moments include S:UF's pretzel loop....

Its such a shame that a great moment like that is part of what I think is the worst B&M effort (though I haven't ridden AIR, and that looks like Ultimate Flight sans pretzel loop). I haven't ridden Manta or Tatsu yet, but the 3 S:UF's I've tried aren't exactly making me want to. Until I ride those, I think B&M has the niftier loading mechanism, reliability, and nothing else over Vekoma's take on the flyer.

While not the most forceful, Dominator @KD is fast and fun and has the intense high-G turn at the end. That finale takes the whole ride up a notch, plus the big floaty loop is better than most B&M inversions. I rate it above Alpengiest (in current state of trims). Things like Griffon and Apollo are mostly killer first drops.... I've got to ride a Batman again, but back when I tried both, I thought SLCs (Morey's anyway) were certainly more intense.

I would say that it is almost a tie between Nemesis and Alpie. Nemesis for obvious reasons: the helix of death and it's relentless pace really does it for me. Alp was something to be commended during night time ERT. Rode it in the back and it just zoomed around the course. It was more of a 'throw you around and force your a$$ into the seat' type of intense. But, I would say Nemesis takes the top spot for me by a few whiskers.

For some weird reason, it's always the B&M Inverted Coaster models that seem to rank as some of the most intense and possibly the most best B&M coasters around.

Batman The Ride at Six Flags Great Adventure was deffinately the most intense B&M I have ever ridden. I love B&M's mega coasters and Superman Ultimate Flight's pretzel loop was intense, but nothing comes close to Batman.

I grayed/blacked out on both loops and got a numbing and sort of hurting feeling in my feet. Too intense for me, but, I can understand how many people love them.

I would love to get on Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno, Black Mamba, and Flight Deck. They look really awesome.

For some weird reason, it's always the B&M Inverted Coaster models that seem to rank as some of the most intense and possibly the most best B&M coasters around.

Batman The Ride at Six Flags Great Adventure was deffinately the most intense B&M I have ever ridden. I love B&M's mega coasters and Superman Ultimate Flight's pretzel loop was intense, but nothing comes close to Batman.

I grayed/blacked out on both loops and got a numbing and sort of hurting feeling in my feet. Too intense for me, but, I can understand how many people love them.

I would love to get on Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno, Black Mamba, and Flight Deck. They look really awesome.

I agree with you. I'd have to say Batman at SFGAdv, that first three inversions almost always make me gray out, like the previous poster said. And then the following corkscrews throw you around like a rag doll. Even slamming to a stop on the brake run is pretty forceful.

Also, although Batman's neighbor Nitro is probably one of the smoothest, floater filled coasters I've ridden it's upward helix definitely packs a punch.

would love to get on Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno, Black Mamba, and Flight Deck. They look really awesome.

To be honest I found Nemesis Inferno to be nothing special just a fun ride with a compact layout, it's a little forceful but not as far as intense. Nemesis on the other hand is a different story, the corkscrew into the death helix it's quite snappy, the helix itself is über forceful but fun !, along with the scenery and theming its one intense ride. I always come off that feeling gigdy, in a good way though.

For what it's worth, I was born with a deformed spine (stenosis), and the "B:TR" clones are the only rides that have ever caused me pain. Or at least, pain due to the intensity of the G-forces, not like a rough wooden coaster or anything.

Luckily for me, it's rare that the pain is too intense to enjoy this hobby, but there are definitely times when I'll do one lap on "Batman" and have to call it a day.

I guess it all depends on what you think is "intense."

Some people think that huge drops are intense, others talk of high g-forces, still others think that rapid-fire pacing that doesn't let up makes it "intense."

For high G-forces, the BTR clone called "Great White" at Sea World of Tx takes the prize. Holy crap. Tatsu's pretzel loop is a bit more forceful, but that's just one element. Great White's entire layout is one big maelstrom of G's.

For pacing, Nemesis has got it in spades. It's the only B&M that catches me off-guard because the layout and the order of the elements is so NOT like a B&M. Cork, helix of death, heartline, and THEN a loop? The half-out-half-in corkscrew in the trench finale is insane, too.

Nemesis deffinately looks awesome. That downward helix looks incredible and very forcful and that upward steep curve out of the tunnel coming out of the loop looks great too. Not to mention that final corkscrew. Even the first corkscrew looks great too.

Is Nemesis a smooth ride? It was built in 1994, is it still, a smooth ride or very smooth? What about Nemesis Inferno? Is that a smooth ride too?

I want to ride Dueling Dragons.

Fire's downward helix after the second immelmann looks great. Not to mention the loops.

would love to get on Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno, Black Mamba, and Flight Deck. They look really awesome.

To be honest I found Nemesis Inferno to be nothing special just a fun ride with a compact layout, it's a little forceful but not as far as intense. Nemesis on the other hand is a different story, the corkscrew into the death helix it's quite snappy, the helix itself is über forceful but fun !, along with the scenery and theming its one intense ride. I always come off that feeling gigdy, in a good way though.

Nemesis always gave me a big smile on my face! (Which you don't see normally). It was forceful but mostly really fun! Definantly my favorite coaster.

I'm surprised that I seem to be the only one who find's Nemesis Inferno the most intense B&M I've ever ridden (and have have been on a couple).

I was in Thorpe Park in october for the first time in years and was surprised how intense that coaster is despite having ridden a number of other B&M's between that visit and the last one in 2007.

It doesn't have the most exiting layout but I'm simply finding it the most intense B&M I've been on - way more intense than Nemesis in Alton Towers (which I'm actually even finding pretty lame in some parts).

Nemesis might be the more interesting coaster but Inferno is more intense. It constantly speeds through the track with not a second of loosing the intensity.

Nemesis's vertical loop is pretty lame compared to Inferno's and it's turn before and after as well. Same with Batman clone's - I'm finding their vertical loops by mile not as intense as Inferno's.

Nemesis deffinately looks awesome. That downward helix looks incredible and very forcful and that upward steep curve out of the tunnel coming out of the loop looks great too. Not to mention that final corkscrew. Even the first corkscrew looks great too.

Is Nemesis a smooth ride? It was built in 1994, is it still, a smooth ride or very smooth? What about Nemesis Inferno? Is that a smooth ride too?

Well, being 17 years old this year, you can expect that it has aged. But for me, this adds to what the ride has become. If it was totally glass smooth, it wouldn't be the same Nemesis for me. It is still smooth so to speak, but it vibrates and jutters a lot and there are a few rough moments. It just adds to the character.

Nemesis Inferno on the other hand is glass smooth. I have no complaints about roughness at all! It is a lot newer than Nemesis so this obviously has something to do with it.

Nemesis might be the more interesting coaster but Inferno is more intense. It constantly speeds through the track with not a second of loosing the intensity.

Nemesis's vertical loop is pretty lame compared to Inferno's and it's turn before and after as well. Same with Batman clone's - I'm finding their vertical loops by mile not as intense as Inferno's.

Interesting opinion, definitely in the minority here. I've never been to Alton Towers or Thorpe Park so I can't disagree, but I'm intrigued. I've always thought it was neat that they managed to cram a loop into Nemesis' layout, but I *have* thought it might not be as forceful that late into the ride. Just from looking at some pictures of the rides it looks like Inferno's corkscrews would have less snap, otherwise, it looks like the spawn of CGA's Top Gun and a Batman clone. I've found that the earlier the (B&M) design is, the better (because they really haven't been making them like they used to), but Inferno's layout seems nice.