TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Intense B&M!

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Nemesis, Montu and Kumba for me. A lot of B & M inverts have their moments of high g-forces but I found these 3 (well, 2 inverts and a sit down) kept the intensity up for most of the ride. Kumba was my first B & M sit down of it's type (only rode it for the first time last month) and it packed a punch, as did Montu.

Some of the Batman clones, Behemoth (airtime speaking), I think the most intense stand-up I was on was Vortex at Carowinds...

I love my forces, but if I have to keep on top of gray-outs it's a bit meh. I'd prefer a smooth, twisty, *fun* ride over a super forceful one that I have to be concerned about blacking out on.

Out of all the B&M coasters I've been on, these are the ones I consider the most intense of their type.

Inverted: Tie: Batman The Ride at Six Flags Magic Mountain and Flight Deck at California's Great America

Floorless: Medusa at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Flying: Tatsu at Six Flags Magic Mountain

Stand-Up: All stand-ups seem to be about equal

Mega: Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Diving Machine: I've only been on Griffon, but it wasn't very intense

Edited by rcdude

Batman the Ride was intense enough that I do not wish to ride them again Vortex at Great America was forceful, so I'm thinking the 1990s B&Ms are the most forceful. Tatsu's pretzel loop is forceful, and the moment before diving down is the best part of the ride. It caught me off guard because I thought the ride would be slow and meandering, but I was wrong. Also, if I sit in the back car of any B&M, the intensity raises significantly when compared to the front.

Flight Deck at CGA is easily the most intense I've ridden. I experience a significant grey-out almost every time I ride it.

The most intense single moment I've experienced is Tatsu's pretzel loop. I also enjoy S:UF's pretzel, but I've ridden nothing so far that can match Tatsu.

I enjoy all B&M inverts, although I'm not the biggest fan of Batmen. I've had mixed experiences among the three I've ridden, with some laps providing the "signature" Batman intensity with pins and needles, and others not really standing out in any way. My favorite Batman is the original (SFGAm) because of its refreshing setting.

My list:

SFGAM's B:TR - This is easily the most intense B&M I've been on. The speed through the ride is great, as is how the ride interacts with the surroundings. The ride in the back row, outer left is easily the most intense coaster ride I've experienced. For some reason, SFSTL's B:TR, the only other one I've been on, seemed pretty weak when I rode it.

Iron Wolf - While it is rough, the ride is surprisingly intense. No single element stands out, but throughout the ride, it pulls some great forces. It is probably the second most intense B&M I've been on, and if it were smooth, it would be a very good coaster.

Other B&M's still have intense moments

Nitro's helix - I heard things about it, but it still came as a shock. It was probably one of, if not the most, intense moments I've had on a coaster. It is the only time I've greyed-out on a coaster.

S:UF's pretzel loop - the only intense part of the ride

Raging Bull's finale - while nowhere close to Nitro's helix, it is still intense

Which seat were you riding in on Nitro? I rode in the back and nowhere in the ride did I find it intense. What I loved about Nitro was that it wasn't intense, it was like flying (my favorite moments were reaching down to the right on the hammerhead turn, and reaching to the sky when flying through the supports at the end). After reading about the helix, I was thinking it'd be like Goliath's (Magic Mountain) but it was not memorable to me But the ride was still amazing

Unfortunately I have only been on the 4 B&Ms at Great Adventure, but it's amazing how intense Batman is and how (for lack of a better term) weak Bizarro is. It is a really fun ride, especially the fire, but the forces just don't seem to be there.

In terms of forces, Batman: The Ride (SFMM) gets my vote. The ride was pretty much one long greyout to me - it was fun though, if a little rough.

Mantis is pretty intense without trims but not in a good way! My feet hurt after my ride. I also found Dragon Khan to be pretty disorienting from what I can remember from my single ride (maybe the 2 1/2 wait did that...)

The best? Raptor.

Up until this year, B&M was the only looping coaster manufacturer that I had ridden, with the exception of RNR. I think that without a doubt, the most forceful layout is B:TR. I have only ridden the one in SFGAdv though. Especially if you ride it at the end of the day, it packs a punch in a short amount of time that is sure to drum up a headache for it's quick paced elements. I have ridden both Kumba & Montu, but didn't find them intense as mentioned. To me, all the Orlando coasters, including Kraken, and DC - seemed like they pulled you through the elements, not feeling the drops (and they are taller), where others back home such as Bizarro, seem to hold you to your seat, but you feel the fall in the drops. I am not sure how to explain it, but they all had it. Maybe that is the force talking. The pretzel loop in S:UF wasn't intense to me, and especially after I rode Manta in the rear, S:UF lost any intensity factor it had. Still a yummy ride though. I did not grey or black out on Manta, as I have heard some have in the rear. I almost wouldn't ride it in the rear for the fear of the grey out.

In the end, I guess the intensity varies on the individual.