TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Intense B&M!

I'm going to say the most intense B&M would be Montu before all the trims or even now a days when they barely touch. All around best invert I have been on and one hell of a coaster. Also I have to agree with those who think Manta because that pretzel loop is by far the most intense element I have ever been on as well, but the rest of the ride is relatively tame. So I give the nod to Montu.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say... Alpengeist.

I just remember it taking every element with such speed; especially the cobra roll.

Also, Kumba is indeed very intense. I love it though. Everything up until the cobra roll on that ride is pure heaven, and then it gets super rough, and pulls some crazy g-forces.

I'm surprised people are saying Dueling Dragons Fire and Montu. I think both of those rides are really graceful.

obviously Batman is taking the cake and I agree because they are very tight rides... but that's what makes them so intense. As far as elements go I will hop on the bandwagon with the Pretzel Loops on the flyers, but a new entry into the thread, and for me personally, is Nitro's helix before the MCBR. I always get a little fuzzy toward the end of it, it's nuts and so forceful, yes the rest of the ride is smooth and full of floater air, but that part always gets me, anyone else?

I would say Manta is pretty Intense for me, the first B&M that gives me headache after riding it more than 3 times in a row, pretzel loop is crazy

Also Kumba is pretty intense but I think is because is rough, maybe is just me.

I'm going to have to repeat what everyone's been saying, B:TR and Tatsu at SFMM are the most intense for me.

I have to wait a while between Batman rides, and, again like it's been said, the pretzel loop on Tatsu is something else.

For overall experience, the most intense B&M would be a tie between Batman the ride and Kumba.

Other nominees would include Hulk, Dueling Dragons, Raptor, Dominator, Top Gun, Tatsu, and Montu.

I'm going to have to go with Manta (it is SO damn pretty).. That pretzel loop is just truly insane.. First time I rode it, I was a touch light-headed for nearly the hour following.. of course it didn't help that I hadn't slept in nearly 30 hours, had a couple of beers and it was 97 degrees out for my first ride... but love that coaster none-the-less... I've since ridden it 4 more times, with no repercussions...

I'd probably rank the inverts I've been on intensity wise as follows:

Batman: The Ride

Raptor

Montu

Talon

Great Bear

Alpengeist

I actually didn't find Great Bear or Talon all that intense. But Great Bear is one of my favorite inverts.

Most intense for me would be:

Batmen

Hulk

Fire Dragon

Most intense element is Tatsu's pretzel loop.

For me it would have to be Tatsu in the back row. I equate the front row of Tatsu to be the back row of the Superman flyers if you want a comparison. That pretzel loop is killer, but I am happy that they haven't had to tone it down over the past three years. Sometimes intense is good.

Runner up would have to be the Batman: The Ride layout. I have been on them at SFMM, SFOT and SFGAm as well as Great White at SWOT and Goliath at SFFT. I have to say the SFMM remains to seem the craziest out of all of them (to me at least).

Goliath (aka Namtab aka Gambit) seems to lack the "snap" in the flat spins...maybe because it has less weight with the 7 car train. Great White is just strange to me...fun but strange in how its forceful UNTIL the last flat spin and spiral into the brakes.

B+M's I rode:

Nemesis

Black Mamba

Silver Star

Nitro

Superman Ultimate Flight

Bizzarro (Great Adventure)

Batman The Ride (GADV+SFMM)

Tatsu

Riddler

Scream

Alpengeist

Griffon

Apollo's Chariot

Sheikra

Montu

Kumba

Mantis

Raptor

I find BTR the most intense B+M and Griffon as the smoothest and the best.....

From what I remember, Batman The Ride at Magic Mountain was very intense. My vision dimmed the first time I went on IOA's Incredible Hulk (it was during the cobra roll), but that was because I was young. I'd call it a toss-up between BTR and Mantis at Cedar Point - whichever one happens to be running better that day.

Out of all the B&M's I've ridden, these would be my top 3:

1. Batman SFStL

2. Kumba

3. Raptor

To me, those are consistently intense throughout the entire ride. Other coasters have very intense moments (ie-Manta's pretzel loop is, IMO, the most intense B&M element I've experienced), but those three offer a whole course of ass-kicking.

Alpengeist's cobra roll really gets intense, and was so much more so before that holding break b4 the drop . That ride used to break peoples legs! I used to grey out in the loop and cobra roll. Ah...the good old days of Alpengeist...

But overall nowdays, B:TR @ sfstl. Best of the clones IMO