TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Intense B&M!

Lately on Nitro I've been trying to slap the supports during the helix. I probably shouldn't be able to but it feels like I can. No luck so far, but I'll let you guys know if my arms grow.

You can slap the hell out of the ground on Kumba's helix. Kumba's even more intense in that department (no seriously I did that this year, I assumed the close proximity to the ground was an optical illusion like most headchoppers but it turns out it's actually about a foot away. I'm a dumbass). Also Kumba is greatness.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batman backwards in the last row (you can see the track you just passed).

It's hard to tell if I'm saying this purely based on "potential nausea" factor, but unlike any other ride I've ridden every single moment feels like you're in the middle of a really intense part. You know what I'm talking about... not like "Holy crap sustained g's can't move," kinda thing, but always bracing and clenching my jaw and fingers on the grab bars. It's almost like I was constantly preparing for an old-school B&M corkscrew where you bring your head down a bit and lean in to avoid headbanging, but then it's baby-a$$ smooth and you have no idea what direction you're going or what just happened. I can't imagine this on a coaster that lasts more than about 40 seconds start to finish, but any coaster that does isn't as intense as Batman. Huh.

I probably completely butchered explaining that... but forwards Batman is pretty damn intense too.

Nope, no butchering!

What you said sums up BTR clones perfectly IMO. There are quite a few coasters and flats I've done where the one or two moments of intensity they give far exceeds anything on a BTR, however, as far as the most sustained/overall intensity throughout any ride is concerned, BTR wins hands down... There's just no dead space on that ride!

The only other ride I've done that comes close to the relentless pacing of BTR is Skyrider at CW, which is sadly moved to a park overseas. It was also rough as all hell on the turnaround sections; something no rider on any B&M has to deal with... Because no matter the b&m, or its level of intensity, we can all agree

(1:45)

As

Personally, I didn't find Kumba to be particularly intense. It was a decent coaster, but I didn't really find much about it to be better than a lot of other looping B&M's. I found both Kumba and Montu to be a bit overrated. Maybe the days I visited the park were off days?? Side note - I found Fire Dragon to outrank Montu as well.

I found these elements to be more intense than Kumba:

- Nitro's upward helix

- Tatsu's pretzel loop

- Fire Dragon's immelman/helix

- Incredible Hulk's first half

- Montu's batwing

- Flight Deck

- Kraken's turn after the cobra roll

- Any Batman The Ride

I think the thing is that Kumba is a consistently intense ride from drop to final brake run. Certainly there are more intense single moments on a variety of coasters out there (many of which you listed above) but those of us who voted for Kumba are likely considering the entire experience.

^Wait, really? Can't marathon Diamondback? I haven't ridden it yet, but I've marathoned Nitro many times with no issue.

Of course everyone handles intensity differently but when I think of intensity I think of I-305 (which I can do about 5 rides consecutive), Maverick and El Toro. Have other people found Diamondback somehow ridiculously intense for a B&M hyper?

Personally, I didn't find Kumba to be particularly intense. It was a decent coaster, but I didn't really find much about it to be better than a lot of other looping B&M's. I found both Kumba and Montu to be a bit overrated. Maybe the days I visited the park were off days?? Side note - I found Fire Dragon to outrank Montu as well.

I found these elements to be more intense than Kumba:

- Nitro's upward helix

- Tatsu's pretzel loop

- Fire Dragon's immelman/helix

- Incredible Hulk's first half

- Montu's batwing

- Flight Deck

- Kraken's turn after the cobra roll

- Any Batman The Ride

Honestly, Montu is a lot more fickle than Kumba. Kumba is consistently intense (with some days more intense than others) whereas Montu had it's "meh" days and it's "OMFG!!" days. You probably got one of the "meh" days. I only got to ride Dragon's Challenge once but I thought it was more intense than Montu when I did. However, later in the summer after riding Montu more and having some of those "OMG" rides, I became more of a Montu fan.

^Wait, really? Can't marathon Diamondback? I haven't ridden it yet, but I've marathoned Nitro many times with no issue.

Of course everyone handles intensity differently but when I think of intensity I think of I-305 (which I can do about 5 rides consecutive), Maverick and El Toro. Have other people found Diamondback somehow ridiculously intense for a B&M hyper?

Having ridden both (with PLENTY of experience with Nitro), I can tell you that Nitro is more intense. If you can marathon Nitro, you can definitely handle Diamondback.

Well I meant to emphasize the 'little' in that post. When I rode it 3 times in an hour, I felt a little disturbed. I guess I'm used to extremely tame coasters, with miniscule airtime at Valleyfair (With the exception of Renegade/Excalibur). I would gladly ride DB as many times as I possibly can! There are many coasters that are more intense, but I find that Diamondback has a perfect balance.

Banshee, it's really forceful.

Close second is Diamondback, I can't really ride it more than 3 times in a row without feeling a little queasy.

I swear Banshee must be the most overrated B&M in existence. It's a great ride but I really think it's a middle of the road invert at best... I think the only reason people are convinced that it's so great, forceful and amazing is that when they were building it our expectations were non existent and it managed to exceed those minimal expectations.

A middle of the road invert is still a great coaster because all inverts are amazing, but when I think intense inverts, Banshee isn't even in the same league as Montu, Batman, Raptor or Afterburn. It doesn't even belong in the same conversation. Where can I get some of this Banshee Kool Aid everyone's sipping? Again... I really like the ride but what the hell?

I swear Banshee must be the most overrated B&M in existence. It's a great ride but I really think it's a middle of the road invert at best... I think the only reason people are convinced that it's so great, forceful and amazing is that when they were building it our expectations were non existent and it managed to exceed those minimal expectations.

I agree with this 100%. Banshee is very overrated, almost as much (if not more than) Kumba. Both are good rides, but neither of which are nearly as amazing as they are hyped up to be. When we rode Banshee I was expecting something amazing, and breathtaking... But it was kind of meh. I still thinks the Batman clones are more forceful than Banshee, even Raptor is more forceful than Banshee.

Weird, I found banshee more intense than raptor.

I feel the opposite. I think Banshee is way less intense than Raptor.

But then again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

Weird, I found banshee more intense than raptor. I should ride them again and see what I think then.

I also found Banshee more intense than Raptor, which is odd because I was expecting it to be the other way around since Raptor's layout is less drawn-out than Banshee's. They're both great rides regardless.

Edited by VF15