TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Intense B&M!

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this counts as intense or not...

Coming out of the last corkscrew on Raptor is intense, and not in a good way. That HURT!! But the helix finale made up for it, some good positive G's

Not relating to B&M's, Intamin's inverted Impulse Coasters.

I've only rode one, Wicked Twister. Those vertical spikes are nothing short of INTENSE

I'd have to say that I found Flight Deck at CGA (rode it way back in 99' when it was still Top Gun), Afterburn and Raptor to be very intense, as well as Batman at SFMM (ridden a couple of other B&M Batman clones, most recently the one at SF Great Adventure, but I just found that one to very rough rather than intense, it gave me a headache), but of the three I'd say Raptor takes it for the inverts. That's one coaster that I have always had trouble re-riding, until this past summer where I found that if I sit in one of the center seats in the very front or the 2nd row I am able to re-ride for at least a few times in a row. That is also one suspended coaster where you really feel like every drop of blood in your body is trapped in the lower parts of your legs, as the effect seems to be amplified by the fact that your legs are hanging loose.

For non-inverts, I found Nitro's helix to be very intense (reminded me a lot of Goliath at SFMM), but I haven't been on many B&M hypers to compare it with, only Raging Bull, Intimidator at Carowinds and Apollo's Chariot.

I'd have to say it's absolutely the batman clones.

each element has a crap load of positive g's, even a good amount in the turns. Then there are the bat wings that snap like crazy.

Sure there are some other B&Ms that have some similar forces and snappy elements, the loop/helix thingy on Dueling Dragons Fire comes to mind, but for sheer force, pace and snappiness of the transitions, nothing comes close to Batman.

I've ridden Nemesis more times than I care to count but would still rate Raptor ahead of it for intensity with Batman (SFMM) and Dragon Khan about level. Riding Raptor in the morning I just couldn't believe how heavy that second half was, didn't get the chance to ride it later in the day but I think I would have collapsed.

Credit goes to the pretzel loops on the flyers (particularly Tatsu) which are by far the most intense inversion out there and a bit of a surprise in a ride which otherwise is quite serene.

• 1 year later...

Backwards Batman. It was too much. Out of Batman SFOG/SFOT/SFGAm, Goliath, Great White I'd say Six Flag over Georgia's is most intense. Maybe it's because of the heat, but every time I ride that ride it's just over the top. One and I'm done. During Deep South Bash it even made me sick. Well; the combo of Batman AND Mindbender!

Katun crushed my face and caused the most prolonged greyout I've ever experienced on a coaster - from the peak of the vertical loop to the top of the Zero G Roll I was seeing spots.

I also found Black Mamba quite intense, possibly on the same level Nemesis in my opinion. Not sure what those people who call it forceless are smoking, because it has some serious positive G's that you'd have to be comatose to not feel.

Having ridden all the California B&M's, I'm going to have to go with Flight Deck at CGA. It is the only B&M that has made me grey out numerous times, not to mention my feet going numb when sitting in the front row. I probably would not marathon this on a full stomach as a full stomach will feel like its getting crushed by the G's!