TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pain...Must Have pain

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The purpose of a coaster is a near-death experience?

Roughness adds something to some coasters. But pain is something that shouldn't be a part of it IMO. There is a big difference between roughness and pain. For example I enjoy Viper and Colossus at SFMM because of their roughness, but I never ride Psyclone anymore because of the intense pain I get in my stomach at the bottom of each drop.

The purpose of roller coasters is to make money. Plain and simple. For us, the purpose is just to have fun, but if it weren't for the money, there would be like 5 coasters in existence.

Some people are different, but most people would rather not get bruised or hurt in any way....

Ha! So you're the guy who started the SLC fan club!

Seriously though, who doesn't like smooth coasters? That's like going to a car dealer and asking for a car with no shocks, springs or suspension.

Some rough coasters are okay, but there really is a line between roughness and pain.

To me, roughness is part of the fun on wooden coasters. SFA's Roar was shaky, but I loved it. It didn't hurt, but I was shaken up a lot through the craziness. SFDL's Predator, on the other hand, not only shakes you up, but BEATS you up in the process. You slam into the side of the car, as well as the front of the car, you even get your head beat up. Stay away.

I don't like rough steel coasters really though, they're usually painful. Shockwave at SFGAm beat the crap outta me. The inversions weren't bad from what I remember, but that ride had some deadly turns. I remember getting off rubbing my head with one hand and my shoulders with the other.