TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Spring Fling 2006!

Alright, we (my brother and friend) arrived at the park about 8:00 and saw a line had built up behind the entrance. My brother and I went and registered. We got our cards and the things that hold them (I forgot the name) from Joe. We waited and got into the park. We headed over to Goliath, but they said it wouldn't open for a while, so we decided to head back to Superman Ultimate Flight.

At Superman, we rode about 3 times, then decided we might hit Scream Machine. There was no line, but the increasing rain shut it down. We thought we might walk back over to Goliath, and the rain only picked up. So, not wanting to waist the ERT in the rain, we got onto Shake, Rattle, and Roll, the scrambler. We rode about 10 times and then left, as the park was opening to the public.

Our next order of business was to get a Flash Pass. We scanned Goliath. While we were there, though, a guy told us that our Spring Fling ID badges could get us straight up the FP line. We took advantage of 3 rides then walked to lunch, where we missed our FP ride .

The lunch was very good. They had sone kind of grilled chicken, pasta, rolls, and pie. The they drew for the Walk Back Tour. None of us won .

After lunch we walked back over to Goliath, using our Flash Pass to reserve Deja Vu along the way. Our wait was pretty substantial, so we used our ACE cards on Goliath and got in a couple more rides.

It was time for our ride on Vu so, having an extra spot, we saw Joe and asked him to ride. He did, and was very appreciative of our luck of getting 1A and 1B. My friend and Joe rode 1A while my brother and I rode 1B. The ride was awesome.

On the way out, we scanned Deja Vu again, and were given a long wait, yet again. We meandered around and my brother decided to stop and sit in a restaraunt to have a drink, so my friend and I chose to go ride the GA Scorcher. The wait was about 20 minutes, as it was only through one queue of the queue house. We rode in row 3 and enjoyed a nice ride.

It was about time for our ride on Vu and we were assigned 5A and 6B. I rode solo in 5A (bleh. I hate A rows; they are too cramped)., while my friends rode in 6B. The ride was nice minus the girl screaming like a mother fo the whole time.

On the way out, again, we scanned Vu. The wait was about 1 hour and 15 minutes. We decided to wait for Ninja. The wait was an hour. Not worth it. The ride broke down for about 10 minutes and we almost missed our Vu ride, but, by a stroke of odd luck, the ride was delayed 10 minutes, so we made it in plenty of time. We were assigned 8A and 8B upon a request. Fun stuff.

We were getting hungry, so we decided to eat. We WERE going to get some delicious Papa John's Pizza, but the not-so-big slices cost a whopping $6.49!! HOLY %@#$!!! So my friend and I went to the Plantatin House for some chicken fingers, fries, and a biscuit, and for only $6.99!!! So after we ate, I went to return the Flash Pass and meet my friends at the Drive-In theatre for the ACE giveaways and stuff.

At the Drive-In I got my ACE DVDs, a shirt, and some other little goodies. Then we saw the Rhythm and Grooves show which was alright I suppose. Not bad, but not great. The singers sounded like they were trying to impersonate the people from American Idol. They butchered Georgia On My Mind .

We left a little early from the meeting to go get in line for something. We saw the Goliath line closed, and, figuring we'd have ERT on it anyway, jumped into the Vu line. We waited only 1 train and rode in 8B and 7B for a sweet, sweet, night ride. Then we walked back.

Once the night time ERT opened, my friends and I were waiting for Gotham City to open. First, we rode row 1 (and 2) of Mind Bender. Very cool. Next we walked over to Batman where we rode about 4 straight times. After this we thought we might hit Goliath in the early stages. We got in and rode once. After my one ride, we split up. I walked over to Acrophobia, figuring that there wouldn't be anyone there. I was right. My first 5 rides of the night I rode BY MYSELF! Yes, I rode 5 times as the ONLY RIDER! Then Joe and his homies ruined it . (j/k Joe ) I ended up riding 10 times until I got bored, and then wlked over to Cyclone. I rode that once and walked back to Goliath for 3 more rides including the last train of the night.

Overall the day was excellent, and I'm still sore from it .

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We saw you riding Acro solo while we were in Goliath's station. 5+ rides in a row?!? So how is being a eunuch treating you?

Damn! How was I the only one who didn't know my badge could get me into the FP line for Goliath. I am filled with regret of epic proportions now.