TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is it worth visiting the Myrtle Beach Pavilion?

I might be up near the Atlanta and Charlotte area this summer. I was debating on visiting the Myrtle Beach Pavilion since it will be closing after this season. However, from what I've read about the place, it doesn't sound very appealing. The Hurricane coaster sounds pretty brutal! If I do go, it'll be at least a 6 hour drive from Charlotte and Atlanta. So is it worth the long drive to visit the Myrtle Beach Pavilion? Would it be better to visit parks closer to Atlanta, like Alabama Adventures, Lake Winnie, or Dollywood?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...remember the pavilion is NOT the only thing on the Grand Strand

You have the small but good woodie Swamp fox bout 4 blocks away also and you have the beach and some of the best putt putt in the world...But I say go for it...since it will not be there again and you will probably regret it after the place is leveled....the owners gave us a year for a reason

JEFF

I also say go for it. Atlanta is close to a 6 hour drive from Myrtle Beach but Charlotte is only about 3 1/2 hours if you were looking at pairing it up with Carowinds or something. I wouldn't pass up the chance to visit a decent seaside amusement park before it goes away forever. Heck, there aren't too many left anymore.

Yea, I also say go for it, make a day out of it. Get on some of the coasters at the Pavilion and in the area. See some of the sites and go to Broadway at the Beach, and eat at the coolest Hard Rock Cafe' ever IMO, its a huge pyramid, its really awesome. Anyway, have fun in the Charlotte/Atlanta areas and the beach!

Would it be better to visit parks closer to Atlanta, like Alabama Adventures, Lake Winnie, or Dollywood?

NO, yes, yes.

Of course the MB area has like 7 credits but none of them are outstanding and I wouldn't really miss any of the parks if they were removed this year (whoops, sore subject!)