TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New themepark for Belgium by 2012

I saw this article in the newspaper today about a new themepark/waterpark/zoo that H&L Invest want's to built here in Belgium. It should be built by 2012. What really drew my attention was that this new park (with the name Family Entertainment Resort) will feature a Intamin rocket coaster and that B&M and Vekoma are called in for some other rides. Is this really happening???

The final decision were it will be built will be announced in july

plan_themapark_belgie_2006.jpg.eefb9db11819a692974f3b18d0dcfceb.jpg

This is the plan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes but it's from a dutch rollercoaster forum. I've never heard of this on the french speaking forums... let's say it's "flamand"

No it's from the Belgian site of Themeparkvision. Anyway, the article was on april 20 in the newspaper.

^ yeah.

What? Do I spot the layout of a 500ft high Intamin rocket coaster with a similar layout to TTD and Kingda Ka in the upper left corner?!

No, but seriously I won't believe this until I see, hear more information, facts about this project. If it's true though, the 'plans' do sound quite nice, and there would be my second nearest B&M coaster. (If no nearer ones are built within 6 years).

yes but it's from a dutch rollercoaster forum. I've never heard of this on the french speaking forums... let's say it's "flamand"

No it's from the Belgian site of Themeparkvision. Anyway, the article was on april 20 in the newspaper.

Then scan the newspaper.

Is it as badly written as this so called drawing is?

The article would have been 20 days too late.

Well here's a article from another newspaper. The plan was also on television. The reason why the plans are so simple is 1)because they haven't got a exact location for the resort and 2) it isn't the official plan, but just a quick copy of it made by Themeparkvision to post it on their website. Making expensive concept-arts would be a stupid idea in this fase according to the builders. The resort will cost 3,5 billion dollars and will feature a theme park, water park, nature park, indoor ski slope, a centre for companies and a area to live. The builders hope to know the location in May 2006.

1908083418_pretpark2012.jpg.b93c3011f2f20473babbb6dcbac35463.jpg

On themepark.nl people said it has to be an project for their study which is took serieus by the press.

If this is true this park will never come.

Also:

-Where do five young people get 3.500.000.000 euro's?

-7.500.000 visitors? A beginning unknown park?

This has to be a mistake! (I think it is and I hope it is!)

By 2012 the rocket coaster fad will probably have past.

And official maps are not drawn with crayon.

Rocket Coasters will probably still be in style 6 years from now to some extent. B&M is still building new floorless coasters 6 years later from 2000 boom in floorless coasters. Grant it, they aren't constantly building a new one every year, but people still buy that product. The same will be of Intamin's Rocket Coaster. It has proven itself to have a pretty good ride, although as time goes on I think more people will be interested in making thier rocket coasters a little bit longer than a 30 second ride, but I'm sure the interest would still be there.

As for the cranyon drawing...... very official, I like the shaping of the corkscrew on the bottom left, looks like one of mine that I sketch out when I'm bored.

This has to be a mistake! (I think it is and I hope it is!)

I think it is but hope it isn't!

All the small parks will go bankrupt, and the Efteling, Bobbejaanland, WB and all the other parks will lose al lot of theit visitors.

That park mustn't come even if there are 10 B&M's and rocketcoasters.

The article alreay states that they are not being taken serious by everybody... while others say they should be given a chance...

MMmmm...

Nothing about where they would get that amount of money to start up this business....

I don't think this will happen, but if... I wish them all the best (and they should give me a job in the park )

Wow, that drawing is lightyears better than anything I've ever doodled while bored in a class. Though that's probably because they used crayon and I'm usually stuck with only 1 type of pen. Though that one time at Confisco's I doodled a nice Captain America Intamin Hypercoaster into Marvel Superhero Island on the table parchment with the crayons provided. Sadly, I guess it wasn't good enough to interest the higher ups at the park, as I've yet to see my dream become a reality.

I've always had plans of owning my own park and I've done the drawings like theirs BUT the thing that makes it most unrealistic is the coasters they reckon it will have, Itamin Rockets + B&M's. When I plan my own park, I'm realistic about it, I know I can't open a brand new theme park with coaster like that, unless your very very rich which I don't think them teenagers are, realistically, when opening a brand new park the best coasters to start off with would be a Boomerang, Wild Mouse, SLC etc, I know that not many people like them but you have to think seriously if your being serious about opening a theme park, Boomerangs and SLC's are the cheapest "big" coasters about they offer high thrills for a very cheap price and look impressive for little parks!

Okay this is odd- the map looks like it was drawn in colored pencils or crayons AND it looks nearly identical to a park I drew back in the mid '90's! I will post a pic of that after I scan it in when I get back into town (going to Cleveland this weekend)!

I downloaded the pic and enlarged it and it looks so much like my drawings I am truly paranoid!!!!!!