TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb and Elissa's Top Coaster List!

Millennium ForceJZ

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Agreed. Based on your avatar and forum title it's painfully obvious to me that Cedar Point could probably make a coaster out of turtle feces and you'd think it's a #1!

MF really doesn't have any airtime. Other than the first drop. The rest of the ride, sure it's fast, and sure it's a hell of a lot better than any SLC, Boomerang, Arrow hyper, Arrow multi-looper, etc.....but when stacked up to the other "top echelon" steel coasters in the world, IMO it falls short in just about every category.

Go out and ride about 500 or 600 other coasters and then come back and see where MF lands on your list!

--Robb "Yes, it's all about one persons opinion, but it's also about someones opinion based on their sample group." Alvey

I used to like MF a lot when my coaster count was around 50. Now after 299 coasters, MF doesn't rank as high. It has a good first drop and it's smooth, but there's not too much airtime. Heck, I'd rather ride Blue Streak over MF because I get more airtime on Blue streak (and the lines are way shorter!). There are better hyper coasters out there. If you want great airtime on a hyper, I don't think anything beat Apollo's Chariot in the back seat!

This brings up a thought I've always had...bigger coasters aren't always better. I mean, parks tend to build bigger, faster, smeller, etc. coasters, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are better. It's like a discussion I had on another board about the best coaster at WDW. Invariably, people choose RNRC often because it is the biggest and baddest. RNRC is a fun coaster, but my favorite WDW coaster is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad because it is the most fun. You can throw up your hands, scream your head off, and have a lot of fun! It's not the smellest, baddest, biggest, obscenist, etc. coaster in the world, but it sure is a lot of fun!

HAHAHAHA Robb you are the funniest guy ever! ever thought about stand up? turtle feces! haha

thanks for the suggestions guys i will now start my quest for airtime!

and the funny thing is, the only coaster at CP i didnt go on was Blue Streak! i never even thought about it...sorry BS! hehehe BS

and so you are saying that MF's first hill it TRUE airtime in your dictionary....if so then i understand true airtime..b/c THAT WAS THE BEST FELLING I HAVE EVER HAD! ok the first time i had to hold onto the bars around me b/c it felt so..wierd! the second time i put my hands up, i was in heaven

the best airtime?

I live in sweden so i cant travel that much because im only 13 so I havent been in much themeparks and roller coasters but the best is in sweden and thats Balder in Liseberg and the seat in the back is just great.

but I dont know because u live in USA and they have much better roller coasters then europe have

from someone in Sweden

^ Agreed. Based on your avatar and forum title it's painfully obvious to me that Cedar Point could probably make a coaster out of turtle feces and you'd think it's a #1!

rofl! I hate it when people are so biased. For me, I've only been on one coaster outside of SoCal (Canyon Blaster @ Adventuredome), because none of my other family members are interested in coasters/theme parks. So naturally, I tend to think SFMM has amazing amazing coasters, but I try to stay open-minded when coaster enthusiasts tell me there are MUCH better coasters out there.

MF really doesn't have any airtime. Other than the first drop. The rest of the ride, sure it's fast, and sure it's a hell of a lot better than any SLC, Boomerang, Arrow hyper, Arrow multi-looper, etc.....but when stacked up to the other "top echelon" steel coasters in the world, IMO it falls short in just about every category.

Where does your disdain for CP stem? Did CP take your puppy away? I hate to question a personal opinion, but putting MF in such a low position just makes me wonder. I admit that I do not have near the coaster count as you do, but I have rode some of your top twenty so I am going to argue through those.

My greatest beef has to be with Sheikra. Seriously. You honestly are going to tell people that Sheikra all around is a better ride than MF? If you think TTD is lame, then you are forced to think Sheikra is lame. It has a good drop and then...............wait, I'm thinking............oh yeah, nothing. At least MF has great speed and excitement throughout the ride. MF and TTD easily better than Sheikra.

Next arguement. Mummy!?! That thing is interesting for about a ride and a half. After you know what is coming, there really is no reason to ride it. I guess it does cruise along at a blistering 40MPH through absolutely no airtime. MF easily better than Mummy.

Now I come to Kumba. I too really enjoy this ride, but it is mainly about speed and power, not airtime. So obviously you do like other things. If speed and force is what you like, then you will find it abundantly with MF. Quick sharp turns. Several moments close to the ground with trees zipping past your head. Three surprising moments of some floater airtime. MF easily better than Kumba.

And I bring this arguement to a close with Hulk. You have been on over 400 coasters and this one still makes your top 15? That makes me cry to know that there are only 14 or less better steel coasters than this one. What on earth does this ride have over MF? A weak launch then a slow cruise through a series of inversions. Hulk most of the time feels like it is struggling to get through most of them. You comment about the roughness of Magnum, and yet Hulk's bumpy course through a slow feeling ride is overlooked? MF is easily better than Hulk.

Sorry to sound like such a jerk about this, but I just feel that you are falsely advertising MF and the rest of CP as a poor destination for thrill-seekers.

On a kinder note. I love your forum and all of the great content. I'm anxious to hear your analysis of Tatsu next week.

Mark C.

Where does your disdain for CP stem? Did CP take your puppy away? I hate to question a personal opinion, but putting MF in such a low position just makes me wonder. I admit that I do not have near the coaster count as you do, but I have rode some of your top twenty so I am going to argue through those.

My greatest beef has to be with Sheikra. Seriously. You honestly are going to tell people that Sheikra all around is a better ride than MF? If you think TTD is lame, then you are forced to think Sheikra is lame. It has a good drop and then...............wait, I'm thinking............oh yeah, nothing. At least MF has great speed and excitement throughout the ride. MF and TTD easily better than Sheikra.

Next arguement. Mummy!?! That thing is interesting for about a ride and a half. After you know what is coming, there really is no reason to ride it. I guess it does cruise along at a blistering 40MPH through absolutely no airtime. MF easily better than Mummy.

Now I come to Kumba. I too really enjoy this ride, but it is mainly about speed and power, not airtime. So obviously you do like other things. If speed and force is what you like, then you will find it abundantly with MF. Quick sharp turns. Several moments close to the ground with trees zipping past your head. Three surprising moments of some floater airtime. MF easily better than Kumba.

And I bring this arguement to a close with Hulk. You have been on over 400 coasters and this one still makes your top 15? That makes me cry to know that there are only 14 or less better steel coasters than this one. What on earth does this ride have over MF? A weak launch then a slow cruise through a series of inversions. Hulk most of the time feels like it is struggling to get through most of them. You comment about the roughness of Magnum, and yet Hulk's bumpy course through a slow feeling ride is overlooked? MF is easily better than Hulk.

Sorry to sound like such a jerk about this, but I just feel that you are falsely advertising MF and the rest of CP as a poor destination for thrill-seekers.

On a kinder note. I love your forum and all of the great content. I'm anxious to hear your analysis of Tatsu next week.

Mark C.

THANK YOU!! omg i was waitting for someone who had the same opinion as me! yea, i havent been on as many coasters are you guys, but MF just completely blew me away! How could you seriouslhy say MF has no air other than the hill?! i mean come on! and Magnum, its a little shakey, but you cant let that riun those intense bunny hills! come on Robb, i mean, you can say those coasters are THAT bad! i mean, MF has been #1 ever since it opened............like WOF_man i dont want t sound like a jerk, but give the #1 theme park for EIGHT YEARS running some credit!

^^I'm sorry you're crying then!

BTW, why are you anxious to hear his opinion on Tatsu if you seem to disagree with all of his other rankings??

^Oh, and most 'reputable' polls out there have not had MF has #1 since it opened.

I think the Turtle Faeces coaster is the big project for 2007 at the Point that those clowns Tony and Tyler are on about, if I get there I'll definitely ride it, though I will have a shower right after.

I have checked out Robb's Mitch Hawker list because I respect his opinion on coasters, except for Ride of Steel at SFNE I rated my list very differently to Robb's for the coasters we had both been on but what coasters a person likes is a very subjective thing, just like music and a lot of other things.

In fact I actively encourage people to hate the coasters I like because that is less people in line. For the record you should avoid these coasters because I love them: Super Ride of Steel (SFNE), Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, X, and Magnum.

An opinion is just that. It is biased based on the person giving it. To some, air time is more desireable than speed or force and others like inversions or wood. Maybe if the question was posed like WHY he didn't like MF compared with something else would have been more appropriate - and who nknows if he even would have given you an answer. Most peeps here won't convince you to not like MF, so don't convince other to like MF. This forum is supposed to be for fun, not conflict.

Mark C.

Oh, I see how it is. YOU are allowed to have an opinion, but the moment Robb Alvey posts something you disagree with then I'm wrong?

Even with your long rant you still don't even stop to realize that, if you read the thread or my poll rankings, you'll find that I rank MF in my "2nd tier" of coasters on Mitch Hawker's poll. So yeah that means I don't like as much as you do, but it's still way up there on my list. I've been on about 850 coasters and MF falls probably somewhere around #40. And what does that mean? Here, I'll spell it out for you - I ranked MF #40 out of EIGHT HUNDRED AND FIFTY! So yeah, there are only 39 other coasters I'd rather ride before MF (And yes, Kumba, Mummy and Shakira being some of them) but 809 others I'd rather not! And that comes across like I have some kind of distain for Cedar Point??? I'm putting MF in such a "low position" says you??? #40 out of 850!!!!! HELLO!!!!! I don't understand your logic, sorry.

If I want to ride an awesome, amazing hyper coaster, I'll ride Expedition GeForce, Walibi World's Goliath, Superman Ride of Steel. If I want an imersive themed coaster/dark ride experience I ride Mummy. It's the "best in it's class" whereas MF, in my opinion is FAR from holding that title. So therefore I'd rather ride Mummy over MF.

There is no distain for CP, but I don't feel that park has the amazing "end all, be all" selection of coasters many people think it does. I think it's a great park with a lot of good coasters, but nothing there blows *me* away.

But awayway....

Thanks for your comments. I apprecaite your opinions. You should learn to have the same respect for other people.

--Robb "If you have to write 'sorry to sound like such a jerk' then you probably are being one." Alvey

I'm sorry that my post gave you the feel of a negative spin. The reason that I am so surprised is that I have rode a small handful of coasters in your top listings, and have similar feelings. The only thing your top list lacks that most other coaster lovers have in their list is CP rides (namely MF). Though I have rarely posted on this forum, I do frequently read it. It always sounds like you have a sour attitude toward CP.

Even with your high coaster count, 4oth still sounds low for such a solid ride especially with the high number of Intamin hypers in your highest ratings. But if that really is how you feel and it isn't just some grudge you have against the park, I am more than willing to accept it.

Thanks for giving people such a fun place to have these debates.

Mark C.

Thanks for explaining your position a bit better.

It's really weird how everyone always thinks we have some 'beef' with CP. We both think it's one of the best run parks in the world, but I'm sorry, I agree with most of the people that say it's "The Words Best Collection of Mediocre Coasters". And trust me, as much as it pains me to say, I even think that SFMM has a better collection. Does that mean I like SFMM more than CP, NO!

I hope this at least clears it up. Plus when CP builds the 500 foot flying dueling wooden turtle feces ride next year we'll be sure to visit and see if any of our rankings have changed!

Agreed, it really is a mediocre but big collection.

WOW...if there is "no real airtime" then i have never experience airtime before!

haha you were trying to be funny but you were telling the truth

lol and its the 3 best coaster rates by golden ticket

My pocket fluff from winning the avatar contest last month is worth more than the GTA's.

Mummy!?! That thing is interesting for about a ride and a half. After you know what is coming, there really is no reason to ride it. I guess it does cruise along at a blistering 40MPH through absolutely no airtime.

Which Mummy did you ride? I recall 3 spots of negative G's, the first of which is PERFECT.

Geez that got a little crazy......I like airtime but I like other things better...I love MAINTAINED speed and high banks and that is why MF is my Fav but if I loved airtime MF would not be my Fav.

I mean I could see how somebody would like a Boomerang better than MF....If somebody loves going backwards and inversions...then a Boomerang would be their choice of ride...right.

I think it is weird that alot of people say "I love MF cause of the airtime"...yes the first drop is amazing and has alot...but that is really it... the 3 other hills have floater air at best.....MF was not built for airtime...it was built for height and speed IMO

As for CP, the atmosphere of the park gets me everytime (rides and coasters everywhere, beach setting, happy park guests, hot chicks) and I prefer the classic midway and lit up midway at night to any "theme park" including IOA (not saying I do not like IOA BTW)

JEFF

Plus when CP builds the 500 foot flying dueling wooden turtle feces ride next year we'll be sure to visit and see if any of our rankings have changed! ----AMEN!

^^^ Yea, i guess i didnt really catagorize MF's serioes of "airtime", on the 1st drop, YES, 2nd hill, mass floater, same with third and fourth. The hills aren't airtime hills, i mean look at them! they aren like Goliaths at SFOG, they are huge and take a while to get over, but thats what gets me! that amount of time of floater airtime on those hills!

Would you catagorize Wocked Twister's airtime by floater?

and Robb, what other coasters are around the "#40"

And maybe I might want to ride Mummy rather than MF! That ride looks sweet! It looks like EE combined with Flight of Fear!

OOh, seeing Pyrenees there on Robb's list makes me even MORE excited to be visiting Parque Espana next month! I'm staying on property, so I hope to get many rides in on it.

Incidentally, I'm not really a big fan of CP. I agree that they have a large collection of nice coasters, but MF and Blue Streak are the only two I really like. I like MF's speed (and floater air) and BS's fun.

Aside from that, meh. I'd rather ride...

Linear Gale than Wicked Twister

Riddler than Mantis

Talon than Raptor

Vortex (PCW) than Iron Dragon

Trailblazer than Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Trace du Hourra than Disaster Transport

Excalibur (VF) than Gemini

Steel Force than Magnum

White Cyclone than Mean Streak

Dodonpa than Dragster

Gadget's Go Coaster than Woodstock's Express

Corkscrew and Wildcat are clones

They won't let me on Jr. Gemini, so it may be the park's true hidden gem. They let ACE on it, maybe that's why ACE likes CP so much...

Hmmm...

Give me Space World, Busch Gardens Euroburg, Europa Park or Busch Gardens the Dark Tampica over Cedar Point any day.