TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure NJ or Cedar Point

AussieDane

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chiller IS still rough without the OTSRs. You still are bumping all over the place, but it's fun. Chiller blue is much better than Chiller red. Blue has been closed all of 05 and all of '06 so far, but it's supposed to open in the next few weeks.

And I agree, I've been to both CP and SFGAdv (CP twice, SFGAdv 2345235 times), and I think SFGAdv is better in terms of roller coasters.

^People flock to the Chiller in waves, and they're not always predictable. Weird, but then, what can ya do? lol

Chiller wasn't rough in the times that I've ridden, and going through the g-roll backwards is now my favorite part.

Was there a second launch as opposed to an assisted continuing up the spike? I didn't feel anything like a launch, or even a normal departure.

But I like it, it rocks.

All I got to say is that if your coming to GADV, if you wanna have a good time get the Gold Q-Bot. It might be expensive, but it is worth it if you have no idea when your coming back.

Either park you choose, I am sure you will have a blast!

Although I have never been to Cedar Point (I am going this summer though), its the rides that make the park. It seems that SFGadv has better rides overall.

Rolling Thunder or Gemini - Rolling Thunder because both tracks have totally different layouts and which train wins is unpredictable (yes, I've been on it when it was racing).

El Toro or Mean Streak - El Toro, no surprise there.

Kingda Ka or TTD - It's hard to decide, you see TTD has the free feeling with its restrains, but Kingda Ka has the bunny hill at the end thats larger than most coasters first drops. So probably KK since the restraints on it dont effect the ride too much.

Medusa or Mantis - Medusa, it seems as if Mantis is kinda rough.

Runaway Mine Train or Cedar Creek Mine Ride - Both seem like fun family rides. Tie.

Batman: the Ride or Raptor - I love the intensity of B:TR but Raptor seems like one awesome ride. Raptor gets my vote.

As for familys, SFGadv seems like the top to go to. It has tons of new family rides to choose from as well as some great family coasters like Skull Mountain and Blackbeards Lost Treasure Train. So my vote is for SFGadv there.

Overall I would say SFGadv for quality of rides and lots of variety as well. If you were to stay at a hotel, I would stay at Seaside Heights (I've gone there every year since I was about 4 and it seems like a great place to stay at.)

SFGadv gets my vote obviously.

If you were to stay at a hotel, I would stay at Seaside Heights (I've gone there every year since I was about 4 and it seems like a great place to stay at.)

I'll be at SFGAdv the last two days in August. I found the Seaside Height hotels too expensive for me to book. I found a Motel 6 in East Brunswich, NJ (28 miles away according to Mapquest.com) $112 for 2 nights, for 2 adults. I'm thinking of booking this, but is Motel6 a 'reasonable' motel for a budget traveller.

PS I'm from the UK and never stayed at Motel6.

I've never stayed in a Motel 6, but I can say something about the location.

I live a town over from East Brunswick, and you're not going to want to stay that far from the park. If traffic is light (which it probably won't be), it will probably be a 25-30 minute ride to the park. I'd personally give this page a look, as they are close to the park and have some deals.

http://www.sixflagslodging.com/

^Thanks for the advice. I had a look at that site before. Although closer its still too much for us (poor students). Also we've flying into newark airport so E Brunswich is sort of en route to SFGAdv. We'd rather stay a little further away and pay less (poor students!! - money is more important to us than time - we'll just wake up earlier). But we don't want to stay with RATS either.

Gotcha. I'm poor too, so I understand. As long as you don't mind the drive, it's all good. Just make sure to give yourself some kind of cushion with driving time. Lookint at the map on Google, I feel silly because I've driven past this motel way too many times to not know where it is, Exit 9 of the NJ Turnpike is right in E. Brunswick, and is actually right down the highway (Rt. 18) from the motel! Since you are landing in Newark, you will most likely use that exit to get to the motel to begin with.

*edit*

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g46400-d92368-r3280810-Motel_6_East_Brunswick-East_Brunswick_New_Jersey.html

There's one review of the motel on that site. Seems like it isn't bad.