TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Goodbye, Sadie

We came home from France yesterday, and early this morning our dog Sadie died. She was fifteen years old. Mary had her for about ten years. Sadie was a fun dog, loved to go for walks, and would often sleep under my desk while I was working. She had slowed down a bit in the last couple of months, but was fine until about a week or so ago. She will be missed...

dt

sadie1.JPG.9e2f18eb09e36be66ea09d8b82631667.JPG

Sadie, a couple of months ago.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm so sorry Dave. I had two of our dogs die a year a part. They were both 15 and they lived a really great life. I am sure Sadie did as well. She will be sorely missed.

She's up in doggie heaven chasing all the hot guy dogs I bet you!

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that Dave. We lost our dog two years ago, she was only 8 and it was really sudden, it's horrible losing a pet.

Trying to avoid the clichés of "she had a good innings" and "time is a great healer", although I guess the latter is true. I'm sure she had a great life with you guys, sorry again.

Thanks everyone. She was a good dog, and will be missed, but I'll always remember how much fun she was to have around. She was a very happy animal, always excited to go outside and patrol the yard.

Elissa, your comment was hilarious! Oddly enough, the cats and the dog almost never interacted. Sometimes they'd sit on their cat tower and stare at her, but they all pretty much left each other alone. I think my two cats take after me and are far too lazy to plot against anyone!

Whoever asked, yes, she was a Welsh Corgi. I don't know a lot about dogs (this was actually the first dog I've ever had), but it is a pretty cool breed.

dt

Sorry to hear about your family loss.

The good memories help the healing along.

She looked like a very sweet dog. Our last family dog was a corgi-cross, and he was a wonderful companion for my mom. Excellent personality and very in tune with the feelings of those he loved and lived with.

Hope the pain subsides, and the happiness remains.

I actually just got rid of my dog. I'm not really sad about it though. He probably cause about $3K in damage to my house. So I'm glad he's gone.

How did your dog cause $3K in damage???

But Dave, so sorry to hear about your pup I would have never imagined how hard losing a pet was until we lost our cat in '97. I'm sure your dog is having a great time chasing my cat up in pet heaven!

-Julie