TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SFMM Parking Structure?

Now this is a COMPLETE! rumor, but I thought I would post it anyways because it may make for an interesting discussion. Of course there are many flaws with the rumor and seems untrue.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Sounds like a wild rumor to me. And even if it were to happen "way down the line" what's the point of dicussing it now?

How about focusing on that brand new bright orange coaster they've got going in and worry about what the future holds....in the future?

--Robb "Just a thought...." Alvey

When I last worked there, I was told that SFMM didn't have the rights to build on the parking lot (or the boneyard behind Psyclone). It was either part of the agreement with Newhall Land and Farming or just not zoned properly.

That same rumor has been buzzing around for at least seven years regarding Cedar Point- that they are going to build a parking garage on the "mainlaind" and run a shuttle service across to the park so they can use their parking lot. They were talking about this when I worked at the park in 1999 and a guy I know that is a Full Timer there insists it is still on their back burner.

Along the lines of CP, it would be smarter to just build the garage at the location of the current lot.

As for SFMM. I highly doubt this will happen.

Pertaining to Scream at SFMM and Medusa at SFMW, I can see them taking an easy fix this year by simply covering the lot with mulch.

Im not sure about the parking structure idea. I just can't see how it would be incorperated into the parks current layout (with goliath and collsossus blocking the way)

If they bulid into it, it would prabably have to be for a rollercoaster. And that wouldnt take up enough room for a Parking strcture to be necasarry.