Silent Hill

Milkchan

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really want to see this. Imma see it tommorow. Also I havnt seen that poster yet its awsome and does anyone still have the game cause I will buy it from them.

Well, there's 4 games. You have to play 1 and 2 first and then watch the movie again, because if you see the movie first, you will not understand it.

Just a bit of advice ok?

W00T! 250th POST!!!

^

Give him a little credit, 2 of his movies where rated R.....although, they both sucked!!

and

The Resident Evil movies (not from Uwe) both R and don't suck IMO, but I'm a sucker for a half naked Milla!!!

Back on topic, Silent Hill looks like it will be good, even if it doesn't have Milla in it . But I'll have to wait until next week to see it, because I've got to waste some $$ on Scary Movie 4 tomorrow. I mean how can you not want to see a movie that has Anna Faris saying she's taken balls to the face before??

Top drawer, it doesn't get any classier than that.....am I right??

P All "Bury the Grudge, Burn the Village, See the Saw!!"

Silent Hill looks really cool!

I didn't know there was a game based off of it! I thought it looked more religious.

Scary Movie 4 was a waist of money for me. I mean, of course, there were some hilarious parts, but most of the time I was like "OK, come on, keep the movie going." And got pretty boring after a while.

I have to admit that this one kind of slipped under my radar until I found out who was involved in it. The director, Cristophe Gans, directed Brotherhood of the Wolf and the writer, Roger Avary, wrote and directed The Rules of Attraction and Killing Zoe. I enjoyed all of those, so if they screw this one up, I don't know what happened. If I can get some time Sunday, I'll probably try and check this one out.

The story about Silent Hill is about a mother trying to get to the bottom of her daughters sleep walking. Every time her daughter sleeps walk she says "Silent Hill". The mother and daughter goes there and weird things happen.

The movie is one of the best movie based on a game and that is saying a lot! The movie is very creepy. This is a psychological horror, it gets into your mind and yes the movie actually does. There are parts in the movie that are very intense. The movie is faithful to the actuall game you will see things you saw in Silent Hill 1-3.

The negative parts in the movie. Some parts of the movie drag which makes it lose its appeal. Decent acting but I was looking for something better. Also they go back and forward through certain scenes ( you will see what I mean). Some of the CG visuals are kind of grainy not as detail as some of the other CG images.

Overall pretty good movie

Rating 3 out of 4

I give this movie a 10/10. It was great in every aspect. I have not found one thing wrong with the movie. It had a real great story line and as far as I can tell it followed the storyline of the game besides the main charecter was a girl instead of a boy. The movie had real good effects probably the best I have seen besides sin city. It was probably right after that movie, but really close to being as good as it. They even made a great ending that lets there be a second movie, but does not make it completly retarded and ruin the whole thing. The suspense was the best part they timed everything so you would just jump and scream. I am probably going to see this movie 2 or 3 more times and I really recomend any of you who love silent hill or just getting a great thrill out of suspence movies to see this.

sorry but I have to dissagree I think its a 4 out of 4. The dragging on was real good because it would just get you waiting and freak you out because you knew something was going to happen just not what was. It acctually seemed like the whole thing contributed even when it dragged on.

Being a big fan of all the games, both X-box and PS2, I was greatly looking forward to the movie. I won't say I was disappointed,but it was far from perfect. The director captured the atmosphere of Silent Hill perfectly and the score was flawless. I actually felt like the town was made more real through the cinema experience. I don't however, think it was a great horror movie. I think many non-gamers will be left scratching their heads, especially at the ending. I thought the monsters were very faithfully recreated, but I was never scared. I also feel that the acting could have used a bit of work. I have no problem with Radha Mitchells role, but thought Sean Bean was a much better actor in his previous work than in this. In his defence, I do get the impression that the role was never really fleshed out. Also not impressed with Lauren Holden's job as Cybil. She did become more interesting toward the end but she seemed like a caracature of a cop, instead of an actual one. Jodelle Ferland was better in the Alessa role than as Sharon. Anyway, thats my two cents. I'll probably still buy it on DVD, but I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

is everyone forgetting about the first silent hill for PS1 remember this was based on 1 and a little on 2 not that much though. There are only a few differences that wernt that big and the main charecter was a girl instead of a boy. I really dont see how that can ruin it.

I have never played any of the games and went into this movie with pretty low expectations. Most movies based on video games have sucked in the past. I was highly impressed with this one. I enjoy how the ending left you wondering if there is going to be another. The effects were good. I read this movie was done on a low budget also. Hopefully this will revive the game series. I have begun the hunt for the games, and have found people making a killing on Ebay selling the first game for 50-60 bucks as it is now out of production being a PS1 game. Maybe Konami will re-release the series to the X-box in one set or something.