TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What flat ride makes you feel sick the most?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only ride that made me feel a little wierd before was a Megaloop at a fair. That was only one time though, and iv been on them plenty. So i think I'm good to go for most flats...

Too bad that can't be said for the kids at SFMM, i had to escape from three flatrides today with kids who thought they were about to throw up. Obviously, they always have to be right next to me.

I can take stuff, it still appears from my current trrip to Playland, that "big circle rides" I can handle.

I am still a bit leery of taking on an Octopus, after my bad experience many years ago with one. (Too fast, too many spins --- ooooops blleaaaaahhhh!)

But, I enjoyed the Breakdance, did the old Scrambler there, AND The Enterprise which actually surprised me with (what I call) a Full Vertical Upright for a few spins.

But Octopusses (pusses?), I'm still gonna steer clear of, for now.

OMG ^ i LOVE the zipper! LeSourdsville lake had one when they were open (groan.. come back LeSourdsville!), and like you said, it scared me but I don't know why either. It just feels unsafe, but man is it crazy... I wish more parks had them around here, like a park that's currently OPEN, haha.

The two rides that make me the sickest are Teacups and Huss Frisbees (I imagine giant frisbees would be worse, but I've never ridden one).

At SFFT, I rode them one after the other. BIGGEST. MISTAKE. EVER.

I havent ridden any giant frisbees ever, but they might not be worse as they spin alot slower than the regular frisbee rides.

Hello all, I am not sure what these flat rides are called elsewhere in the world, but we have the Gravitron in Australia, in which you get in an enclosed spaceship-like thingy and it spins and spins and spins while you slide up the walls. It's simply appalling - makes you feel like you have an instant hangover and quite often has made me hurl afterwards. Luckily they seem to have been phased out over the years!

I haven't been to many parks, so many times. But one time when I was around 7 years old, I rode a swinging ship in the late evening. That made me feel like I was going to puke (maybe because I didn't eat anything on the entire day). Ever since I rode it, I've never stepped my foot on one.

I have two moment of feeling queasy but did not actually throw up. One of the conditions I believe was heat/humidity-related and both incidents involved (how did that line go from movie..Coneheads?)...."massive consumption of liquid refreshments known as alcohol...

1st incident...at PKD (forgot name) but the buccaneer-type ride that does complete inversions...

and

2nd incident (damn this is embarrasing)..but the old SEa Dragons ride at BGE (where AP is now I believe)...but we kept riding that thing like 3 times in a row..spinning the car around...and my stomach was really churning up the Italian food/wine and good ole brewery Busch samples ...mmnm

lol

I can't get sick on anything even if I eat a fullcourse meal right before it. The only flat I dislike is Megaloop. I never got sick. I just feels too dangerous and will not ride another one until I feel the restraint system is safe. Zipper rules!!!!!!

I think this should go to Breakdance. I can enjoy a short program but when the ride op decide to be "nice" I can not stand it. I actually puked inside once as it was really too much for me and it just kept spinning forever.

Sometimes a HUSS Booster and some swinging ships and some very spinning Afterburn - resembling rides, makes me feel quite sick.

I have never felt even a little 'sick' on or straight after a coaster, except for a Reverchon spinning coaster, which spun like hell once.

There is a travelling fair which comes to Ireland ever year and it is basiclly our only good amusement park with loads of flat rides and 2 coasters!

But this year the had the beast and worst flat ride i've ever been on in my life.

The best was called Booster

http://www.themeparks.ie/fairs/2005fund/booster-1.htm

But the worst i have ever been on and i mean the worst is Extreme.It is sooo sore and painful and yes extreme.I love extreme rides but this one goes that bit too far and wrecks ya!!

http://www.themeparks.ie/fairs/2005fund/extreme-1.htm

http://www.themeparks.ie/fairs/2005fund/extreme-2.htm

I haven't met a flatride yet that makes me sick, though the floorless Huss topspins really hurt the boys, even more so than the Chance Inverter. There's just something about not being able to brace your lower torso that leads to lots of flopping around.

Hello all, I am not sure what these flat rides are called elsewhere in the world, but we have the Gravitron in Australia, in which you get in an enclosed spaceship-like thingy and it spins and spins and spins while you slide up the walls. It's simply appalling - makes you feel like you have an instant hangover and quite often has made me hurl afterwards. Luckily they seem to have been phased out over the years!

They're called the Gravitron here in North America, too. And then there's various versions of (more like differing facades) of the 'infamous' Rotor which ultimately does the same thing, only you're vertically held against the wall, with the floor lowering below you. Quite twisted. And there's usually an overview gallery for the next riders to use to watch what they're going to experience...... next.