TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What flat ride makes you feel sick the most?

In fact, do any coasters make you fell sick?

When it comes to coasters, I've got an iron stomach, but when it's flat rides I quivver up in a ball and the slightest spin will make my gut a wee bit funny, although Topscans and Topspins have never made me feel queezy! The worst for me is probably Waltzers, especially when the people spin them!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 rides without leaving my seat on Superman la Attracion de Acero made me a bit dizzy, but I have never gotten sick on a coaster. I have gotten a bit sick on flat rides though. I cant stand those Twister/Scrambler rides.

I love Waltzers though. I once got on one when I was feeling sick and I came off feeling less sick.

You'll never catch me on anything that resembles a spinning tea cup. Top Spins I can handle OK, depending on the program, but Tilt-a-Whirls and Scramblers never used to bother me (haven't been on either in some time, though).

The Mad Hatter is an evil, evil little man!

I've never been sick on a ride but I guess the one that makes me dizziest is the tilt-a-whirl. Yesterday, at SFNE, two people threw up on Nightwing for back to back ride cycles. So I guess its safe to say its pretty high up there for making people sick. That and the fact that the restraints squeeze the fluids out of your body...

Some Top Spins can make me feel ill, except for the one at Valleyfair! it's called Riptide and it shoots water at you which made the sickness go away I guess. Then there is anything that you have to manually spin (teacups) which just make me BARF.

I have an iron stomach for most anything, save for Paratroopers or anything where I can control my spinning as I tend to overdo it. Me and a friend once went to The Adventuredome at Circus Circus and went upside down 120 times in a day riding Canyon Blaster, Inverter, and Chaos. Its weird that the only thing that gets me queasy is the Paratrooper ride, as I've been on many more intense rides than that. As for spinning I once nearly lost it on a carousel in Belgium by the Atomium they have a park with many versions of famous landmarks, and that park had a two story carousel with a teacup attached to one side. Me and my hosts span us around so fast we were feeling the rotation, and then I was looking all around to try and get myself to feel dizzy, so I kind of deserved it, but it was fun.

Marine World's only got a regular Frisbee. The closest giant frisbees are at PKI and Cedar Point. We've also got a frisbee at SFNE called Tomahawk. At one point in the program, it goes into high gear and that's when you see so many people stumbling out the ride's exit.

1569707492_Tomahawk002.JPG.1d26cb833fa48eafd0e18433f8afad62.JPG

Waltzers are the rides of the Devil. I've vowed to never ride one again.

Quite a few flats make me feel ill at fairs- Move Its are horrible for making me sick for example. It's less sick and more dizzy though for me. I have a really sensitive head.

It's another reason I prefere Parks to Fairs, they run their Flats on bad settings most of the time there's not enough time to get sick. Yay!

The only time I've ever been ill after a coaster was Colossus at Thorpe Park in 2003. To be fair we had been on 10 times via Single Rider in about 30mins, so that's 100 inversions in 20 mins, made me feel very ill. That, and it was boiling hot and I hadn't had a drink all day so I was very dehydrated. I'll blame it on the crappy Intamin though

I have never felt sick on a ride until last year....I got on "RING OF FIRE" at a carnival cause my daughter wanted to get on...she just made the 42". Well i freaked out and so did she...lol..

The damm operator held us upside down for like 4 minutes and some screamed "its stuck", well i freaked out which made my daughter cry and scream....lol....

The only time i have gotten sick from a ride was on Shiekra, but it was more my fault then the ride. I had just gotten off of a 4 day cruise, and hadn't eaten anything that morning. I still love the ride though. Flat rides=not me. The only thing i like is maXair at CP.