TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Paramount Parks SOLD?!!

I have been searching business links and (Motley Fool) and Amusement Business in regards towards the sale of Paramount Parks. Hard finding any goodies and been several rumors floating around, but managed some scoop that: Cedar Faire is in the running to purchase the park(s)-wonder about Ohio...hmmm some competition for sure...I'm not sure on how to comment on this prospect.

Another rumor was that a group (based in England) has purchased the themepark chain and will do an analysis (similar to Six Flags) and sell some of the non-profitable parks off and invest heavily into the remaining parks. Another rumor floating around is BEC (Busch Ent. Corp) is also in the running, but I cannot see that happening for their portfolio since the Sea World Parks and Busch Parks seem a good fit towards their corporate philosophy.

Anyway, there was a link on the Motley Fool that an announcement was to be made official end of June/July...anyone else can confirm this?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another rumor was that a group (based in England) has purchased the themepark chain and will do an analysis (similar to Six Flags) and sell some of the non-profitable parks off and invest heavily into the remaining parks.

its only 5 paramount parks and the gardens park so it really wouldnt come down to the way six flags did things because paramount isnt in debt.

and if you wanna get more opinions check out this thread...

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22833&highlight=sold

I would highly doubt that this would occur.

Highly doubt that what would occur??

There's like 4 or 5 options listed in this thread, which one are you talking about?

Paramount parks is for sale, so someone is going to buy the parks.

I really hope someone buys the chain because paramonts Great America in santa clara used to be a great park. The last two years I have gone with my girlfriend it was so boaring, we left at 5pm. They pull out the best ride in the park Stealth, sent it to carrownds rename it Borg, And we get a water park in its place. It does not even get that hot in Santa Clara. We lose Tidal Wave it is siting in the parking lot at six flags marine world. This year we get Survivor the first reality roller coaster, give me a brake the only good ride left in the park is Inertigo and it does not even come close to DE JA VU at MM. super dissappointed since I have been going their for over 20 years!!! Please sell this park to someone who cares.

I really hope someone buys the chain because paramonts Great America in santa clara used to be a great park. The last two years I have gone with my girlfriend it was so boaring, we left at 5pm. They pull out the best ride in the park Stealth, sent it to carrownds rename it Borg, And we get a water park in its place. It does not even get that hot in Santa Clara. We lose Tidal Wave it is siting in the parking lot at six flags marine world. This year we get Survivor the first reality roller coaster, give me a brake the only good ride left in the park is Inertigo and it does not even come close to DE JA VU at MM. super dissappointed since I have been going their for over 20 years!!! Please sell this park to someone who cares.

I could not agree more with everything you said. It is a beutiful park and could be a great park, with great rides. I've been going there since it opened and used to work there. I've seen a lot of rides come and go and was really shocked Stealth and Tidal Wave were taken out, 2 of the best rides the park has ever had! (Although Top Gun is still there, but for how long?). This is my home park and it saddens me that it seems to be going in this direction. Please please please, whomever buys the park, please make it great once more and put in more great rides (coasters). It can still be a family park with great thrill rides if it's done right and I hope someone steps forward to take on the challenge.

The one rumour I've seen is that Taft was going to buy the parks back.

But take that with a grain of salt.

According to Wikipedia, Taft is out of business and has been dissolved. Now what was once Taft belongs to Paramount, WB, Turner, etc.

There will be much more news about the sale coming out of CBS within the next 6-8 weeks in the second half of the year. So we should know more about the future of the parks in the middle of June.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/04/26/news/companies/cbs.reut/

In other news Viacom former owner plans to go ahead with the China park independent of the US parks.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/04/26/business/viacom.php

THIS COULD MEAN THE END OF THE BEAST AS WE KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Selling a park doesn't mean wiping it off the face of the earth completely. The five parks are all too large and profitable to just be torn down, it's not going to happen.