1. 1. Which is your favorite

• JAWS
    • JAWS 2
    • JAWS 3

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm i think I´ll rate all Three Movies I`ve Seen.

Jaws: *Bows down* Greetness.

Jaws2: IMO the 3rd worst Sequel ever.(1st Place:The Crow:City of Angels. 2nd: Blues Brothers2000.)

Jaws3(D): Eventhought i haven`t ever seen it in 3D, I´m pretty sure even 3D isn`t able to save this one.

The first JAWS was great because it didn't completely rely on the shark to drive the plotline like the three sequels that followed after. You actually cared for the characters because they were developed very well for the majority of the movie then the film was well executed at the end in an incredible climax of an ending.

In addition, part of what made the first one so good was that they waited until near the end to show the shark --- which helped build audience anticipation until the villain's final revealing. Even during most of the beginning and middle of the movie, they would on rare occasion only once or twice show a fin coming out of the water. That was it. The sequels had the trademark fin-out-of-water every other 10 minutes. There was too much shark exposure in the other films which did not make them as exciting as the first.

Jaws 3 and Jaws: The Revenge were just to milk the franchise dry of every last penny. I remember watching the E! True Hollywood Story: JAWS and all the actors that were interviewed (like Lorraine Gary who played Ellen Brody) said how the later two films just completely killed the entire franchise. The first sequel actually did very well at the box office in 1978 and was not ridiculed by critics like the 3rd and 4th installment.

Jaws for me, that is one of the best movies ever made.

Jaws the Revenge (No. 4) on the other hand, one of the worst, I don't think Michael Caine includes this or his Steven Seagal movie on his resume'.

I thought Deep Blue Sea sucked as well, the CGI sharks were dreadful.

Jaws for me, that is one of the best movies ever made.

Jaws the Revenge (No. 4) on the other hand, one of the worst, I don't think Michael Caine includes this or his Steven Seagal movie on his resume'.

I thought Deep Blue Sea sucked as well, the CGI sharks were dreadful.

Mmhhhmmm i think Deap Blue Sea was more of a Parodie/homage.

I really liked this Movie cause it trashed just About every Shark/Action Movie Clichee. You remeber the Speech of Sam Jackson`s Charakter during the Movie. As he started i was all like "Oh no Hero Speech right ahead". 10 Seconds after he finished the Speech i was like "How often did i pray that something like this happend in a Action Movie?".

So in my Opinion the Movie was kind of Awesome. Not Briliant, but Great on his own.

I liked Chappelle's parody of Samuel L Jackson - "I was in Deep Blue Sea, a shark ate me, a f%&*$ shark ate me."

You've got a point there on deep blue sea, I watched it as a deadly serious suspense movie.

Has anyone read the book of the original Jaws by Peter Benchley, that is very good as well.

I liked Chappelle's parody of Samuel L Jackson - "I was in Deep Blue Sea, a shark ate me, a f%&*$ shark ate me."

You've got a point there on deep blue sea, I watched it as a deadly serious suspense movie.

Yeah i wasn`t Expecting a Serious Movie, More a Homage/Parodie.

And thats Exactly what i`v got. Kind of like "Snakes on a Plane".

I can`t wait to see this one.

Am I the only one that didn't completely hate Jaws 4?. I like them all, the first and second equally and they are the best and I don't think 2 was a clone of the first. It had more of a "teen slasher" thing goin but it was just different enough from the first, and like, 3 Xs as many deaths? I remember seeing the first Jaws in theaters not too long ago (in a local midnight show ) and man even after seeing it so many times before, in theaters it truly scared me! A great experience, from the woman screaming in terror at the begining being chewed up, to the *always makes me jump 3 feet in the air* part where the decaying head pops out of the boat hull,all very great.

I like the 3rd just a little less, the 4th a little less then that, but I don't mind them. I thought the 3rd was enjoyable, and had some pretty good scenes as well. (the very begining of the freaky half bitten fish, when they find the bloody body with all the worms and stuff, and 2 really oddly funny lines that seemed to have come from the same little girl "mommy mommy look at the fish!!" and "look out mommy!!!" haha). The 4th one wasn't HORRIBLE, had some moments, tho nearly not as good as the others. I wouldn't mind seeing a Jaws 5 if done right

• 3 years later...

The first Jaws movie is the best and still one of my favourite movies. Jwas two is OK and the other two should never have been made. I recommend Jaws one and the ride at Universal Studios Florida, Japan or the short Jaws "ATTACK" on The Studio Tour at Universal Studios Hollywood. Seriously, the rides are better than the movies and are well worth a ride.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I just found out yesterday. Thea in Jaws 4 was shot in the forehead by her father and them had gasoline poured ont her body and burnt a year after the movie. Apparently, before she went to the Bahamas to begin filming he gabbed her by the pony tail, threw her on the floor and put a knife to her throat and said he would slit her throat if she told or didn't come back.

So sad.

And I actually think that Jaws; The Revenge is a good movie compared to everyone else.