TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PKD and Busch Gardens

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I went last year, I was thinking I would have to make a choice between these parks. I am immensly glad that I got to do both.

I would recommend, if at all possible, that anyone visiting the area do the same. Just because BGE is utterly fantastic, doesn't make PKD any less fun.

But yeah, do PKD first.

On the other hand, I didn't find it the "most beautiful" park I've been to. Nice setting and vegetation, but I found a lot of the buildings to be kinda clunky, like a second-rate EPCOT. (just kidding).

I strongly disagree. I found Epcot to be outdated with a lot of their rides, boring and downright dirty. I couldn't believe that I saw a 3 foot pile of garbage sitting in the corner, while on line for a ride.

I would agree with most of the other members comments listed above. I would be more biased and say BGE since I've worked there for over 14+yrs. But, I do like PKD for their variety of flat rides and coaster selection. Best bet would be...Hey? visit BOTH parks and judge for yourself. It mostly depends on your personality/preferences what you look for most at a park.

BGE offers good food/rides/shows/scenery-landscape.

PKD-more coaster selections and flat rides.

Another suggestion is to search links for some good deals in getting discount tickets to BOTH parks (even FREEEEEEEE PARKING!). Nowadays, parks are just making a profit in charging $8-15 just to PARK your vehicle now....I could get a mini-detail and wash for that much! My bet would be find a hotel that offers a shuttle service to the park...those are going to be the next trend since parks are gouging our pockets before we even enter the parks (doesnt that leave a bad taste in your mouth?) Good luck in your adventures

On the other hand, I didn't find it the "most beautiful" park I've been to. Nice setting and vegetation, but I found a lot of the buildings to be kinda clunky, like a second-rate EPCOT. (just kidding).

I strongly disagree. I found Epcot to be outdated with a lot of their rides, boring and downright dirty. I couldn't believe that I saw a 3 foot pile of garbage sitting in the corner, while on line for a ride.

Um, I was talking about the architecture. And I should have specified "World Showcase," which certainly outdoes BGE for top-quality ersatz and faux: Busch's "France," Italy," and "Germany" can't hold a candle.