TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is anybodys home park their favorite?

Well, I live in Southern California so I have DL/DCA/KBF/SFMM as my home parks and out of those the one I've visited the most was Six Flags Magic Mountain so I guess You would have to consider that My home park, however my favorite is Knotts Berry Farm or California Adventure so I guess the answer to that Question is no, My favorite park is not my home park

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is just an hour from us and so is California's Great America but we go to Magic Mountain which is 5 hours away at least six couple day trips a year. If you have been to both parks you know that it is obvious that SFMM is the place to go.

My homepark is SFGAm, and I would say it is my favorite. It's not only the rides, but it's the waterpark also. Now, the two are combined (water park and amusement park). I guess if the two were separated, than I can't count SFGAm as my favorite park.

Thus, I would choose Dorney Park, Magic Mountain, Six Flags Over Texas, and than Six Flags Over Georgia. If Dorney Park loses Laser, than that would be below the other three because those are tied with the rides they have. However, Dorney has a water park that I havn't been to so, that could be my favorite park if I went to that park two days.

I really like Dorney Park (that's why I say it's 2nd), but it has some of the same rides that are near me. Laser is sorta of similar, Voo-Doo is the same thing, a Tilt-A-Whirl (I can find), Revolution 32 (This ride is very similar to the KMG Fireball which I love even though that ride reminds more of a KMG Freak Out.), and a balloon race ride (even though that one is better). Heck, my park is even getting a mouse coaster. It's my second favorite park, but yet why should I go to it on vacation if my homepark has a lot of the same things that it has. I would definitely have a blast at that park if I visit it again, but why waste the money when I have the stuff at home near me?

Six Flags Magic Mountain, and especially Six Flags Over Texas (for me) are worth the trip more even though they have less rides I really really like. It's only like 1 less compared to Dorney, but I haven't been on Tatsu, or Revolution though.

SFGAm is my favorite, and is my homepark until they dump the waterpark as being a separate admission.

Dorney Park is my second favorite based on the rides it has (not comparing it to other parks)

For SFOT and SFMM, I rather travel to them than Dorney Park though because Dorney Park has many of the same types of rides like SFGAm, or carnivals around me, and the other two don't.

For SFOG, they have some of the same stuff that SFGAm has.

I think traveling to SFMM, and SFOT are more worth it than traveling to SFOG, and Dorney Park. Dorney and SFOG have some extras compared to my park, but I will be going a lot less often to those parks than SFOT, and SFMM.

For SFStL, I can just go to SFOT and get Mr. Freeze, and the Mine Train over there. Now, I can get Tony Hawk at SFOT too even though I'm not excited at all for that ride. However, for years I don't want to take a long trip, I can just go to SFStL. Cedar Point is very high on the parks I like too though. However, it costs more money for Cedar Point because I don't have a season pass for Cedar Fair. SFStL has less crowds when I'm there, and the hotels seem to be cheaper than Cedar Point.

I like Cedar Point better, but there are extra costs (including line times) at that park than SFStL.

Sylvan Beach - 45 minutes away - Yes. Reason: It's a safe haven for old rides - I saw collections from W.F. Mangels, Eyerly, Eli Bridge, Hrubetz, one of the VERY few original Pretzel Dark rides remaining (since 1954 - all but two of the "stunts" in the ride are original) and is plannign to get a dozen new attractions in the next five to ten years. They just got a new Chance Rotor and are planning to get a Double Ferris Wheel.

Seabreeze - 90 minutes away - Very close to the top, but not quite. It has a GREAT atmosphere, I just love the small park feel to it, but it needs a good thrilling ride. Something that's not too expensive and unique at the same time (for the area) like a Eurofighter or a Maurer Söhne Booster (like Formule X but a bit larger.)

Darien Lake - 2 hours away - Although it is not my favorite park, I love it a lot, and it has a prize that no other will be able to claim - it started my obsession with roller coasters. It's my one true thrill park in my area so I hold it close, and this place has HUGE potential if PARC keeps up the good work.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...