TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is anybodys home park their favorite?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BGW is my home park and I LOVE it. The food, the general atmosphere, the coasters are all great. It's about a fourty five minute drive, but probably one of my favorite parks, if not my favorite.

Kings Dominion is two hours from me and I HATE it. Everyone around here thinks it's so much better because "z0mg they has laik so many coasters!one1!" and can't be reminded that of those coasters about 3-4 are decent.

My home park is Kings Dominion, and while I absolutely love it and can't stand to go less than 10 times a season, Cedar Point would have to be my favorite. BGE is high up there too, but I think honestly (I'm in the minority) Kings Dominion's got it beat. They're all great parks though!

Oaks Amusement Park: Not at all. In fact, it would probably come out low on my list. I like the park, but it's too small, and its coaster collection is very, well, limited. It has a couple of my favorite flats, though.

Enchanted Forest: Probably still in my top 10-15 parks. As a coaster park, it's not great (although Ice Mountain Bobsled is pretty fun). As a homemade theme park, though, it's amazing.

My favorite park is Disneyland, although that hardly gives an idea of what I like. I love all kinds of parks.

I have a bunch of parks within two hours of me, all of which I consider home parks. However, the ones that I have visited consistently the most often are the Disneyland Resort and Knott's Berry Farm. Up until Summer of 2010, Disneyland was my favorite park. However, after visiting Dollywood and Busch Gardens Williamsburg last August, it has been dethroned.

Luna Park Sydney - Not by a long shot, in fact it is probably the worst park I have been to. It's in an amazing spot in Sydney but it's so barren for rides, a wild mouse, a small number fo flats though it does have a 1920's big fun house with wooden slides and rickety stairs and all this old school cool stuff.

My home parks are KD and SFA, having been to KD the most. Neither one are even in my top 10. Lake Compounce is my favorite, Knoebels is second, and SFGAd, BGE, and Kennywood are kind of tied for third. As much as I really don't like states north of the Mason Dixon line, the parks I've been to there are generally far better!

I consider SFGAm and BGT both home parks, though since I'm only down in Tampa for about a month or so throughout the year, SFGAm it is.

No. I think the park has worsened every year since 2002-2003. Luckily, Busch Tampa is my favorite park. I'll visit it 3-4 times a year while Great America gets a token annual visit.

• 3 months later...

I live pretty close to a few parks-

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (I call this my official home park since its the closest)

California's Great America

Santa Cruz beach board Walk

Gillroy Gardens( Although Ive never been there)

And if you count SBNO, J's Amusement park( I haven't been there though)

I don't think any of those parks are my favorite, but I thing SCBW and SFDK are pretty close.