TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is anybodys home park their favorite?

I would say that my home park of SF GADV is my favorite park. Don't get me wrong, I love atmosphere and theming and such, but I go primarily to do some hardcore coaster riding........and GADV is very good for that.

Plus, it has El Toro.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm..

I live closest to Indiana Beach, and only half hour more (different directions) to SFStL and SFGAm.

My favorite park, being either CP or HW, I'd have to say no...ALTHOUGH I have had some of my best park experiences at SFStL and IB, so..maybe I should say I don't know?

Either way, SFGAm is a hole from hell so, thats out of the question.

Clay "am I the only person who has had multiple, Terrible, rides on Viper?" Lamanske

My home parks would be Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens. Carowinds would be a stretch, but could kind of be since it is in the same state, but it is still four hours away. I would have to say that I really love these parks, but my favorite is Cedar Point.

my home park is legoland in carlsbad, and its my least favorite park, i even liked fun forest, in seattle, and pacific pier in Santa monica better, with my all-time favorite park being Cedar point

Wow, how could you rate fun forest above others Although I am hoping to stop by and get they credit I have yet to get (Windstorm) while over in the area in July when I take Melissa on a tour of Seattle.

My home park is SFDK. I live about 45 minutes away from there. It's never mush of an occasion for me to go there because I've been there so much, but it's still a great park. Much better than GA which is 2 hours south from where I live. Although SFDK gets repetitive really fast concidering the park has both a Vekoma Boomerang and SLC.

^ Do not hate on the almighty SLC

My home park is Disneyland/Knotts's/SFMM...

Although it used to be SFDK, which I would put as one of my favorite parks. So I would have to say no, I love Knott's and Disneyland but they get repetitive after a while and SFMM is well... SFMM.

nope... My home park was Thorpe Park (I've been at least once a year since I was 3. I practically grew up with it), but I'm dismayed to announce that England has become the spot for local rip-offs for fast passes. £82 they want us to spen so we can go on all the rides... I now have no home park

OK... my home park is Magic Springs and I hate it. There is only one good coaster IMO and that is "The X Coaster" which is a pretty lame coaster so there for I hate the park. BUT... if you ask me this question again in 16 days. Then yes! My home park would be my favorite! Thats just because I am moving to Orlando So now all I have to do is decide which Orlando park is going to be my home park.... Hummmmm....

~Matthew

nope... My home park was Thorpe Park (I've been at least once a year since I was 3. I practically grew up with it), but I'm dismayed to announce that England has become the spot for local rip-offs for fast passes. £82 they want us to spen so we can go on all the rides... I now have no home park

Just because you're being dramatic and are pissed off at them for actually trying to make money (because of course, that isn't the whole point of the industry AT ALL), doesn't mean they are no longer your home park. Your home park is your home park, regardless of your opinion of it. That's the whole point of the discussion.

I would say so, just.

I haven't been to the USA nor to many European parks, but Alton Towers is my spiritual home! And has some of the best rides I have ever been on.

Although it's closely followed by Europa-Park. I think if Europa-Park had a few more thrill rides, it would probably take it over.

For a while, mine was (K)GA, and it was good when I was kid, then the good rides were destroyed and thankfuly a new, better, closer and cheaper park showed up(SFDK) and the joy was returned. So that would be a, (K)GA-Yes/No, and SFDK-YES.

I can say yes, simply because that is the only one I've been to often enough.

Oh, right... A name... Um...

/Edward

PICT0023.jpg.3e745853a21d91e1d909abb756900c68.jpg

Best park, so far... Have also been to Tivoli, and Legoland Denmark, but not enough to make a proper "review"...

• 1 month later...

My home park is SFGAM, and while not my favorite, it is a really good park. The park has a great selection of rides, the staff is great, the food is decent, and the park is always clean. The only bad thing about it, is that it is always crowded due to it being the only major park in the area.

Well I'm 45min from KD and BGE (central VA, represent!) but I can't say either are my favorite even though I've got millions of memories/stories growing up at these parks. Ever since I accidentally entered IOA during it's "preview" period in ('99, I think) it has been my favorite. After a ride on Hulk and Spiderman I have made a pilgrimage to central FLA every year.

The reasons range: BGE has torn DOWN more coasters than they've built in 8 years and KD's "theming" simply pisses me off (Nothing says Congo more than an Olympic bobsled, an alien abduction, a ride in a Mini Cooper, and Forrest Gump selling Caribbean-flavored shrimp. Oh, yeah...when did they pave the African rainforest in black asphalt?)

Lee (who would've bought a lifetime season pass to BGE and pledged an exclusive Anheuser-Busch self-consumption rule had they found a way to save Drachen Fire) cutback inversion

I prefer to think that BGE stresses quality over quantity--I was never a fan of Drachen Fire, but to each his or her own. I share your opinion of KD's themeing (pretty weak, for the most part).

That being said, my favorite parks (although I like BGE a lot) are probably Disneyland and Epcot. Hersheypark is pretty high on my list, too.