TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is anybodys home park their favorite?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a good selection between SeaWorld, Legoland, and Belmont Park (plus some other micro-credits). But my absolute favorite park is Disneyland (DCA is growin' on me, tho), which is all the way up in Orange County. My 2nd favorite, Knott's Berry Farm, is right up the street from Disneyland.

Do note that I have yet to go to Orlando.

I haven't done too many different parks but after getting to most of the regional parks around me (Dorney, Hershey, SFA, SFGadv, Morey's) I can say yes, SFGAdv is my favorite (Hershey being a very close 2nd).

• 9 months later...

Wonderland is my home park...and although it isn't my favourite...ever since Cedar fair bought it....it has REALLY moved up the list with the additions of Behemoth, Leviathan and Guardian PLUS the additions to the waterpark.

I can tell I like the park as I feel protective when others criticise it....even though I know that sometimes they are right!

Not a bad park to have as a "home" though.

Favourite park?? Tough question...so far for roller coasters it has been SFMM (sorry Cedar point!). Outwith that it would be toss up between Universal Studios (Diagon Alley blew me away and that is something coming from a snobby Brit who was ready to criticise) and Disneyland California adventure. The Disney choice might surprise some.....but Radiator springs racers is the best family ride I have ever been on...when son wanted to go on it again and again and again.....it sold it to my wife and I. The theming was pretty cool too!

It depends on what you define as a "Home Park." If by that you mean whichever park is closest to me, MiA is my "Home" park, which is certainly not my favorite. I've gone since it was Deer Park Funland in the 80's, have many memories there as a kid, and feel a sense of fondness for it. But all that is true about Cedar Point, too (except for it being called Deer Park Funland in the 80's !) CP is narrowly my favorite park, in spite of its deficiencies (and yes, it isn't perfect), and I have gone there more than any other park by far. My second and third favorite parks are places I've only been to twice apiece, however: Bush Gardens Williamsburg, and Hersheypark. So it isn't always about frequency, or familiarity for me. In the end, though, Cedar Point just has so many of the thrills I love, coupled with the deep nostalgia that comes from growing up with it as the pinnacle of my youthful desire, for it not to be my favorite park!

My homeparks are SFFT, SWSA, Schlitterbahn New Braunfels, and ZDT's. I haven't been to SWSA or ZDT's yet but once Switchback is done I'm definitely going to make time for ZDT's and I also want to make time at some point for SWSA so I can ride Steel Eel and Great White.

Schlitterbahn New Braunfels is my favorite waterpark, but my favorite overall park I've been to is SFOT. Note that I haven't been to any park outside of Texas since I was 7, and even then I really wasn't a big fan of Magic Kingdom. SFOT has a great selection of coasters and I pretty much like all of them, whereas SFFT is lacking in family coasters. I bring friends that are scared of coasters more often than not, and the only coasters at SFFT that don't go upside down are Road Runner Express and Pandemonium. At SFOT I could have convinced them to go on Runaway Mountain, Runaway Mine Train, Judge Roy Scream, (possibly) NTaG, La Vibora, and Pandemonium. SFOT also has decent theming on many of its rides and even better theming in the midways on the Mexico/Spain/Texas/France side of the park.

Unfortunately, SFOT is 5 hours away so it's not my home park. However, SFFT is pretty dang fun as long as I'm with people that will ride the coasters.

Yes, being from Nashville, I consider Dollywood to my home park. And perhaps I am biased because I love country music and Dolly Parton, and the Smoky Mountains and the culture there. But it is my favorite park and the one I enjoy researching the most. I also think it's rather interesting that a celebrity like Dolly was wise enough to realize the benefits of a theme park. Can anybody think of any other celebrity owned theme park? I have tried, but can't think of any. This is what makes this park so unique in my humble opinion.

I don't have a home park. The closest one is Kongeparken, which is about 4 1/2 hours away by car. However it's a small family park so I have never bothered to visit. The closest major park is Tusenfryd, which is about 7 hours away by car. This is also the only park which has a slight 'home park feel' to it, though I only visit on average about once every second year. To answer the question in the topic title, no it's not my favorite park. It's far from a bad park, I would call it a quite average park, but there are many parks above it on my list of favorite parks.