TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your Closet Coaster

Rolling Thunder at Great Adventure.

I laugh the whole time on the ride and if someone you know sit's infront of you, it's end better. Seeing their head slam to the side on the first turnaround is priceless. I'm laught just thinking about seeing that!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say Dragon Coaster at Dorney Park would be the most surprising coaster I've been on. Before riding, there was a debate between my girlfriend and myself about whether or not a powered coaster counts as a credit. After riding there was no question: some pretty intense forces for a kids ride!

dragon-coaster3.jpg.c30013bfe86ecd80b08d57977fd5f0ef.jpg

from rcdb

My "closet" coaster list includes the following four:

1) Pepsi Ripsaw at Park at Mall of America

2) Disaster Transport at Cedar Point

3) Whizzer at Six Flags great Adventure

4) Avatar at PKI (I don't know if this counts as a coaster or not but I put it in there anways)

thumb_april06-avatar9.jpeg.5fd472d71b6f90283c1abff05be5a9ca.jpeg

HAHAHAHAHAHA! OMFG! My group did the ACE walk back on opening day and rode this first! I literally laughed so hard I cried on this ride!!! (photo by PKIDelirium from Extremepki.com)

whizzer5.jpeg.067198c3cb104139c99e74eac6a403b3.jpeg

Sure this isn't the biggest or the fastest but it's one of those one's that ALWAYS bring a smile to my face!

disaster01.jpeg.8e568a13c7b19e503aeffdaa5c405eb1.jpeg

I might just like this ride simply for the hilarious memories that are attached to it... is it sad that I rode this 9 times in a row in 30min.? (It would have been more times but we had to run through that crazy super long line!)

MOA1.jpeg.9e0012d76ba38c0770b250064b7afdc1.jpeg

This ride is awesome at to ride at all times... maybe just because of the sheer fact that it's in a FREAKIN' MALL

• 7 months later...

My Closet Coasters:

-The Bat at Cedar Fair's Canada's Wonderland(heh heh heh)

-Space Invader 2 at BPB

-Anaconda at PKD

-Zamperla family coasters (like Woodstock's Express at Dorney)

-Treetops Coaster at Oakwood!

-Cedar Creek Mine Ride at Cedar Point

-Dragon Coaster at Rye Playland (Any coaster that has a tunnel that ROARs at you is automatically cool!)

My closet coasters would be Rolling Thunder at SFGAd and Colossus at SFMM. RT was my first wooden coasters so that's special to me. I haven't been on Colossus that much, but I've enjoyed the couple rides I did get on it.

Sue