Dr Who Series 2 Thread

coasterboi

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seeing that the Torchwood Institute is the agency in charge of not only protecting the crown, as well as earth, from forces unknown,in addition to being the only decent spinoff idea since "K9 and Company"..Yeah, I think it'll get a few mentions this series

• 1 month later...

Well, here in the States, they just finished off the 2-part season finale with Cristopher Eccleston's doctor, who of course regenerates at the end. I just have to say it was awesome to see the daleks return for one last hurrah.

Plus, I've gotten a hold of one of the Tennant episodes, "Rise of The Cybermen." I haven't watched it all, but I have changed my thinking on Tennant somewhat, now that I'm a bit more familiar with the Doctor Who franchise.

Tennant's performance now actually reminds me a little of Colin Baker, without the stuck up attitude or violent mood swings he had at first, with just a hint of Peter Davison mixed in.

That's not a bad thing though. I think maybe Mr. Tennant realizes what I did, that Colin Baker gave an interesting performance, but was never given a chance by a BBC that didn't realize that the actual reason for Doctor Who's ratings slip in the 80's was due to a poor writing staff, and even worse costume department.