TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kingda Ka- Who cares?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how anyone could heavily favor either ride. I like that Kingda Ka is 36ft taller (19ft drop) & 8mph faster with A bunny hill. But, the OTSR's and placement don't help it any.

I slightly favor TTD for two reasons.

1. The winds on Lake Erie increase the chance of A rollback. Although, it also increases the chance of it closing.

2. No OTSR's (I love my freedom!)

Thanks for reading.

Duane "Both rides rock, when they're running" Black

Kingda Ka IMO is actually a great thrill ride. I dont get it when people are saying OH IT SUCKS or HOW UNRELIABLE, but then they talk about how TTD is AMAZING. Kingda Ka isnt exactly a copy cat anyway, do you see a airtime hill thats taller than most of the rides first drops in a park, I dont think so. So for all the people that bash KK but PRAISE TTD, I wouldnt talk because their both the same thing only ones taller and faster.

On top of that, I've heard that TTD's top hat sucks cuz there's not much air, where as KK has a whole ton of ejector air on the top hat, and a whole crap load of floater on the hill to follow. Sounds great doesn't it? THen only complaint i've heard from the people who have actually been on it is that do to its velocity the trains shake a lot, but other than that its great!!!

realize that Cedar Fair hasnt been doing all so well, I mean next year they're taking out the oldest building at one of their amusement parks (Dorney) to make a Subway, great move Cedar Fair, way to get rid of history

Cedar Fair is a business. It's really quite simple: Subway = money, Crotchety Old Building = no money. Parks are there to make revenue, and corporations don't really care about nostalgia. Nostaligia works if you're in the PA mountains, but it doesn't fly well with companies like Cedar Fair.

Yeah after my previously posted rant about SFGAdv (2 pages back), it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm not in any hurry to get back to the park. Obviously, people that favor SFGAdv over parks like CP are not at the park for customer service and have not been royally screwed. I haven't been on KK, so I can't say I know how good of a ride it is, but after riding Storm Runner, I STRONGLY disliked the OTSR's. They took away from a very "free and open" feeling that Dragster has.

Your Cedar Point bias is starting to come out. Maybe CF should consider this "Try something different!" stuff.

You do realize that the brake don't really affect the train, correct?

Hm, 128 in 3.5 versus 120 in 4. Nice try though!

IMHO Great Adventure is better than Cedar Point.

See, once again, spinning numbers and words. We can all do it so why use it as a basis for your position?

A quick search of operating coasters on rcdb shows a mere 7% eclipse 137'

I actually believe its a bit to early to judge, but over time I'd have to say that Dragster has had more problems. Kingda Ka really only had one major problem, whereas Dragster has at least 2 or 3 this year alone.

- Joe, who's not trying to be mean but feels some things need to be responded to

I think 120 in 2.8 and 128 in 4 is a difference in acceleration properties! (don't judge anything on what a park tells you, believe me, it is correct.)

I regret getting into this argument and will try not to post to this thread again! Sorry (I just go crazy and I can't control myself!)

Jason "see ya!" S.

• 4 months later...

Ok just wondering I did live in NJ like 20 minuetes from the park but i want to see the masses take on this Ride is it worthing driving to Six Flags Great Adventure then having to deal with the most ghetto infested park and then have to wait with those ghetto people in line for who knows how long to ride the tallest and fastest coaster in the world. I would say NO! The only reason i was able to ride it was 1. my mom bought early tickets for me and my best friend to ride and 2. as my going away present I go to get a GOLD Fastpass for me and 3 of my friends! so unless u have Fastpass toatlly not worth the wait!

But lets see what you guys have to say...

^ I think you saw mine, but let's see what others say.

But, OMG, have you even been there? It's not even slightly ghetto, but Kindga Ka is definately something you should get to, wait a long time only for the first time, unless you really like it.

Ok just wondering I did live in NJ like 20 minuetes from the park but i want to see the masses take on this Ride is it worthing driving to Six Flags Great Adventure then having to deal with the most ghetto infested park and then have to wait with those ghetto people in line for who knows how long to ride the tallest and fastest coaster in the world. I would say NO! The only reason i was able to ride it was 1. my mom bought early tickets for me and my best friend to ride and 2. as my going away present I go to get a GOLD Fastpass for me and 3 of my friends! so unless u have Fastpass toatlly not worth the wait!

But lets see what you guys have to say...

Well.. I have to say yes..I have to drive 4 hrs to get there each time and this season which started on march 31st, I have been there 3 times and have gotten on kingda ka each time and loved it!....p.s. don't get a lower seat...they suck since u don't get anywind in your face and the full pull of the launch..(which is insane)...lol

I think 120 in 2.8 and 128 in 4 is a difference in acceleration properties! (don't judge anything on what a park tells you, believe me, it is correct.)

Jason "see ya!" S.

I hate to reply to a post from so long ago, but sorry slick, your wrong. Dragster launches is in the low-to-mid 4's. Kindga Ka is mid-to-uppper 3's.

It's worth the drive for me, even though it's about 1000 miles... Kindga Ka is just rediculous, and Great Adventure is an amazing park.

While I do agree that Great Adventure has had some fairly serious problems with customer service, they've really turned it around. This year was the first since 2003 that I've visited the park, and all I can say is WOW! I've never seen the park look so great! It was extremely clean, the employees all genuinely cared, were friendly, and had a smile on their faces. The lines were managed, and all the rides were running at maximum avaliable capacity.

I was totally blown away by how much the park has changed in the past few years. If you haven't been there in a while, I highly recommend another trip back. It's just that damn good!