TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kingda Ka- Who cares?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KK... I have no opinion one way or another. it's a new TTD.

Here's what I wonder.

How long will it be before some ignorant racist tags it w/a third "k"?

When i was in TN, i saw a closeout store that had cereal box's that read:

Special KKK. you can imagine the pictures on the box...

It doesn't matter what the Enthusiass Community thinks about KK, only the GP matters.

This is just like when SFGAdv introduced SUF two years ago. It was a big yawn among the Enthusiasses, but the GP still stand in 2+ hour lines to ride.

Kingda Ka is going to be HUGE with the GP, and bring many people to the park. The really important thing is once guests are at the park they are going to see a whole new attitude and look to the place from the minute they arrive unitl they leave, and they'll want to come back for more.

We (the coaster people) will make up such a small percentage of the people going to the park, it really won't matter if we love it or hate it. The 28 million people who live within 100 miles of SFGAdv are the ones that count.

032705-108.jpg.f5d640e638cca27d2709e135a586592c.jpg

It isn't getting as much hype because it's just like riding Dragster which everyone in the coaster community has been on. The quality of the ride will be even worse with the OTSRs.

I have never been on Dragster. Does that make me not part of this coaster community? Am I less of a man for having never been to Cedar Point? Im sorry to say it, but not everyone in the world is as fortunate as you.

Jesus, I didn't know that comment would be so harsh. Sorry if it offended you

and if it makes you feel better at all, I've never been to Cedar Point .

He He, dont worry about it. Im just a very sarcastic person, and was being a dick. Besides, i will get the chance to go to cedar point later this summer. Only then, can i concider myself an integral part of the coaster community... Ha ha... The good thing about it is that I will be able to compare TTD to KK, rather than compare KK to TTD. Make sense?

Rob "I really need to shave" D

• 6 months later...

I didn't care about riding KK.

But once we got to the park, got the Q-bot and were in line we did actually want to ride the thing.

I did like the ride, as did Kristi. It's not my favorite coaster by a long shot, probably not even in my top 20.

It's one of those rides that's such a rush you get off and say "That was Freakin' awesome". But after the excitement goes away you realize that while it was fun, it wasn't all that.

Is it ever open, I was there the friday before the labour day weekend and they couldn't even get it open then, but I wasn't too disappointed I'd had 18 rides on Dragster that week. Also what's the go with Chiller Batman, that's getting to be like Flashback at SFMM in terms of being open, shame cause it looks like a great ride.

The bottom line is that the actual drop is only another 18 feet, and I reckon 128 mph is KK's maximum speed whereas I have hit up to 124 mph on Dragster personally (that was an awesome ride, front row too).

Personally, I find these coasters are an impressive one off experience but they aren't as exciting to ride over and over again, whereas I could ride Superman Ride of Steel at SFNE for a week continuously, I love that coaster.

I really hope in the future, they add to the layout of coasters like TTD because there is so much potential.

• 1 month later...

When it comes to ride records, it doesn`t matter if you feel it or not. As long as it measures up, its a record shattered, and a new one made. KK adds a new element of surprise by not adding that light that tells you when you are going to launch, and I think airtime would beat a straight section of flat track any day. KK has more reliability than TTD. But, TTD has better theming than KK, and is placed in an area where the height will be effective, unlike the KK, which is on the edge of the park. Unless you all can design something better yourself, be happy for what we've got so far.

I don't know, KK looks like it has a great foresty theme, and I think its position in the park add nicey, since it is 200 feet taller than thier next tallerst ride. Unlike Cedar Point where it has rides in all ranges, so TTD's position is a lot better for that park.