TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

American Idol Season 5

pkdcoaster

Me and my Wife are pretty into it this year (thanks to Tivo) and I am still watching just to hear Chris sing each week.

I kinda want Chris to come in 2nd so he is not bound to AI's contract and make him sing what they want.

Chris and Elliot are my favorite, I thought Mandisa was by far and away the best female singer but she got voted off last week (probably cause of her weight)

I think Simon is going a little crazy lately (telling them one thing 1 week then the opposite next week)....and Paula is a retard (she loves everyone!!!!)

What do you guys think?

JEFF

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching, but intrestingly, I like Paris Bennett, and am not a huge fan of Chris

But thats just my opinion, Actually I was pretty suprised when Madisa was voted off, even though she is heavy, she can really sing

^ That was season 4?! - Dunno if this thread still counts?!

Anywhoo....

I LOVE Americal Idol.

My faves at the moment are Ace -Yummy, Chris, Elliot and Kelly - Gotta love that accent!

Simon Cowell Rocks, I love him. I want to do his job when Im older hehe!

Yeah, I agree, this is actualkly the first season I am watching, I never really cared about the show to much, but the group of singers this year are pretty talented, so it has held my intrest

also, season 5 can have its own thread, diffrent contestants

I don't really watch this show too much. Maybe a few of the bad auditions for laughs, but after that I lose interest until around the end. I just assume some pretty white girl's gonna win it all. That's what the music industry's about these days. "The look". Which is why I'm not at all surprised that the heavy girl got voted off. It's not about talent in pop, it's how many posters and magazine photos you can get adolescents to drool over.

You may point out Reuben Studdard and Fantasia Barrino as exceptions, but...what have they done lately? Look at the news, and it's all about Kelly Clarkson, or even Carrie Underwood in some cases.

Sorry If I sound so mad, it's just a combination of me not getting the popularity of this show, and my general disenchantment with music today.

yea I saw the Auditions to every other season but lost interest after that.

A new season deserves it's own thread especially with this show because last years has nothing to do with this years. (who wants to fish through 7 pages of irrealevance (sp?))

To me I think Ace and Paris are the next to go probably Ace

I cannot believe he made it through this week with that AWFUL "we will rock you"

It does irk me that it is also very much a popularity contest in every way.

(sex sells)

JEFF

Aren't they all pretty much screwed into an Idol contract now??? I thought that like the top 12 all have to tour and do a bunch of crap.

Anyways, I love Chris. He seems pretty sincere. Sings what he wants. Has a family. Oh and did I mention the guy can sing?!?! (It doesn't hurt that he's incredibly hot too!)

I haven't actually voted yet this season because I dont' think I need to yet, but soon I will start helping him out. I haven't been too impressed with a lot of the songs anyone has sang yet, but that's just me.

And if there's any proof that sex sells, look at that stupid blond girl that's still in there and Simon is obviously in love with her because every week even when she's terrible, he says how awesome she is!

Paula, it's pretty amusing to watch her ramble on and wonder what drugs she's on!

I have been pretty dissapointed in the "idols" this season. They got a real batch of crap. The only exception is probably Chris. If he picks the right songs, he is going to walk away with the title.

I also like Taylor for his good-time personality, but I don't really think he is the "idol" type.

I watch American Idol as I do every year, but getting tired of the way America votes (or is it all part of the producer's master plan? hmmmmm......)

My favorite contestants never make it that far (last year- Jessica Sierra, this year- Mandisa, Will Makar, and Brenna!!!!!! (I LOVED Brenna!!)

So, every year its always depressing for me to watch singers I don't like that much.

Chris- Stop screaming and sing something different, thanks! (appreciated country week)

Kellie- nobody can be that dumb!

Taylor- calm down dude!

Katharine- some of your notes make my years bleed.

Ace- disaster!

I am ok with Elliot and Paris right now but its obvious those two will be out in the next 3 weeks.

I'm also tired of some of the judges, I think a little new blood would help a bit.

Idol has been disappointing so far this year, with the exception of Chris. The judges are getting old and predictable. Paula is on some happy drugs, thinks everything and everyone is wonderful, and I think she can see the music in colors! Randy needs to add more words to his vocabulary than just dude, dog, and "that was hot". Poor Simon is the only one who is honest, and half the time they cut him short, the other half you can't understand him!

A good portion of the remaining contestants annoy me. Taylor with his seizures, Kelly with her stupidity, Ace with his deer in headlights look, Paris and her thinking she's 26 and not 16, and Elliot with his knee dancing.

The themes lately have stunk too, country, Queen, and now next week Rod Stewart?! I can't wait to see the Beatles, Winger, The Who, The Rolling Stones, and the Mamas and the Papas. (actually, they wouldn't be bad considering what they've had so far!) I hope Chris does win, but even if he doesn't, he'll make it farther than any of them! I think Pickler would get lost in her dressing room while on tour if she even manages to figure out how to get into the recording studio.

I have some strong feelings about this season. I don't find the talent this season as good as some others.

Mandisa was the best on the show. No one could compare to her singing ability. Its a travesty that she got voted off. I can bet the other Idols are glad because she was some heavy competition. I'm not making a point to watch the show any further since she got eliminated. If I'm home, I'll watch, but I'm not going to record it.

I'm not a fan of Chris by any means. He is boring me. Bucky was horrid. Elliot can sing the same thing every week, or so it sounds. Kellie can't sing anything. Ace sucks. Please vote out all of these people.

The only three contestants that are worth watching at this point is Katherine, Taylor, and Paris. Otherwise, I'll just not watch.

WOW!!, well I'm kinda shocked

Being a musician, and having done a tiny bit of vocal work, the only singers that impressed me this year have been Mandesa, and Paris

Mandesa was voted off, but I bet she will do just fine, and if Paris gets voted off I will be pretty shocked, Ace needs to go, Chris sings the same thing every week, and copies Lives lead singer, not really into his voice, Taylor or Elliot are the best male vocalist by alot, and Taylor i feel has the edge because he is original.

But it doesn't matter, Paris has already been offered contracts, and Mandesa cound go work for Barry Manilow

I still feel this is one of the better groups that they have had

I thought last night's Idol put the show back on track! The last few weeks have been horrible, so I was really surprised when I enjoyed the show as much as I did. I thought Chris and Taylor did an excellent job and while I'm not a Paris fan, she did really good, too. Based on performances, Kellie should be booted, but too many people seem to love her "I'm a stupid redneck" routine. (no offense to anyone) At least she has vote for the worst backing her!(

The themes lately have stunk too, country, Queen, and now next week Rod Stewart?! I can't wait to see the Beatles, Winger....

Agreed. Some work better than others. Have you noticed that all these celebrity guests have a new cd to plug? (Not sure if that applies to Queen, but aren't they on tour in the US?) So I guess we could just look to the "adult comtemporary" chart for a clue as to the themes of the coming weeks...

And if I'm wrong about that, friends and I were joking that maybe they'll have the songs of Emerson Lake & Palmer, Devo, Kraftwerk... songs of the 19th, 18th, 17th century... ugggghhh!

It was not songs by Rod Stewart...he was the "guest coach" this week...he has done a series of albums lately about the great american songbook and the shows theme was that...Classic songs from the golden age 20's & 30's I believe...and it was actually a really good show.....results tonight

I am thinking kelly or Ace are gone tonight.

JEFF

Tune in next week Derek, where the idols will sing the unforgettable songs of Bocelli!

WTF

I think they are getting really weird about this crap now....I get the impression though that they are going to sing "popular" songs with him as another "coach" (like they mentioned that dude did with Celine and others)

Did anybody else get the feeling that Rod's singing sucks now.....I liked some of his songs in the 70's but he just sounds BAD...like he smokes way too much or something. (But obviously not bad enough that he couldn't get and knock up a hot chick 1/3 his age!)

I seriously believe the bottom 3 thing is a sham now.......no way could kelly get more votes than chris and paris (who was actually good the other night) I think they pick popular people to be in the bottom 3 just to make the show "interesting".......its all about the "shock value" of Reality TV.

JEFF

Yeah, I gotta say I was shocked last night to see Chris and Paris in the bottom 3. Either it's rigged, or America is REALLY REALLY STUPID!!!!

Either way, I guess I should actually vote next week. Chris deserves to win.