TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Yankee Giving Wal*Mart the "#$%@ You"!!!

I think you guys will enjoy this TR, so let me first start off by giving the backstory of this whole thing.

At the beginning of last semester I had to get a job since I got a new car and I needed to pay my monthly car loan payments. So I got a job at Dunkin Donuts which was ok. But towards the end of the semester I was looking for a higher paying job. This semester I looked for a new job the first month and applied at the Brewer Wal*Mart Supercenter. You heard me right, I worked for the devil himself (and I do regret it btw). But since day one, the s**t started to hit the fan one by one.

First off, they couldn't get their s**t together when fixing my schedule so that I wouldn't work 9hr shifts on the days I requested to only work. So I had to keep on fixing my schedule until someone asked me if I filled out this special form (which no one told me about prior). So the schedule got fixed until a few weeks ago from today.

Second, they post three weeks of scheduling, and it's very hard to get days off. And Wal*Mart wants you to schedule your life around theirs.

So all in all, I couldn't take it anymore, I was literally going depressed about this because I couldn't find a new job. Until I talked to my friend Shaun and she said, "why don't you go back to Dunkin Donuts?" And I've thought about it since they treated me a whole lot better over there. So I went over there, talked to the managers, and today I talked to the manager and he said it was alright that I come back.

So what I did to celebrating my leaving of wal*mart and returning to Dunkin Donuts was by personally destroying my wal*mart smock.

btw: the pictures pretty much describe my furry over the smock, so no picture descriptions will be needed.

So yeah, I haven't decided on if I should call them and tell them I quit, or just not call. I might call and just say my name, that I quit, and hang up the phone because I don't need to hear any shit from them since I don't take c**p from no one who doesn't give me respect.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hurray! dont you have to give them back? 0_0?

ummm, i guess not, unless they want many pieces that were once in the trash back.

One question...

Why didn't you burn the stuff? All bad things must be burnt.

I would have if I were at home, but I'm not going to set things on fire on campus and have security come along.

the second you punctured that smock, a human soul flew out

Haha, yeah, I freed a former wal*mart employee's soul. The next step is to infiltrate the store and destroy the mirror in the electronics department.

I have to give you major props for doing such a thing to Wal Mart!

It's like I said, Wal*Mart is the center of all evil!

They are evil, and now they get to experience the wrath of the Yankee when I say I won't be returning to work! hahaha! they'll be one cashier short!

That's what they get for treating me like a pawn and not someone.

I wouldn't call at all.. but I'd go in in street clothes (or better yet.. DD uniform) and walk around until someone sees you. Then when they are like don't you work here? Be all like HELL NO. Then smash whatever is nearby on the ground and walk out be like THAT HOW I ROLL BITCHES.

-J (totally living in a fantasy world)

I wouldn't call at all.. but I'd go in in street clothes (or better yet.. DD uniform) and walk around until someone sees you. Then when they are like don't you work here? Be all like HELL NO. Then smash whatever is nearby on the ground and walk out be like THAT HOW I ROLL BITCHES.

-J (totally living in a fantasy world)

Oh man, that sounds very funny to do. But, I'll be on the road when I'm supposed to go into work.

Not surprsied you quit. Doesn't the average Walmart employee only work for five weeks before quitting? I thought I heard that somewhere.

Walmart is bad. I've been there twice, both times I was in Kansas. There is nothing to do in Kansas.

Not surprsied you quit. Doesn't the average Walmart employee only work for five weeks before quitting? I thought I heard that somewhere.

Walmart is bad. I've been there twice, both times I was in Kansas. There is nothing to do in Kansas.

Yeah, Wal*Mart has a high turnover rate, and I'm curious if they ever looked into why they have a high turnover rate.

good job Craig! WalMart is most defenitly evil...check out this movie and this website

^ Hey, they showed the Hartford, CT wal*mart in there.

Are you saying the ENTIRE city of Hartford, CT has only one Wal-Mart? If you are, you should feel quite lucky, and enjoy it while it lasts.

Actually, I'm probably one of the luckiest. There are no Wal-Marts within 30 minutes of me. Of course, My radius is less than half of a circle because the ocean is about 100 yards to the east.

good job Craig! WalMart is most defenitly evil...check out this movie and this website

^ Hey, they showed the Hartford, CT wal*mart in there.

Are you saying the ENTIRE city of Hartford, CT has only one Wal-Mart? If you are, you should feel quite lucky, and enjoy it while it lasts.

Actually, I'm probably one of the luckiest. There are no Wal-Marts within 30 minutes of me. Of course, My radius is less than half of a circle because the ocean is about 100 yards to the east.

Yeah, Hartford only has one Wal*Mart. I just checked, now I gotta go wash my hands

So you left Dunkin Donuts for a "Higher Paying" job at Wal-Mart?

Well then what the heck was Dunkin Donuts paying you??? Because I believe that Wal-Mart starts new employees at minimum wage.

Regardless, you were wise to leave Wal-Mart early on. Many people work very hard for this company and get little in return. I've heard that after working at Wal-Mart for six months to a year, that your lucky if you get a raise of a quarter per hour! That Sucks!!!

The reason this company has such a high turnover rate, is because you can't build a dedicated and loyal workforce on the cheap. You have to be willing to pay a "Living Wage".

A better option than your first two choices might be Costco. (If you have one near your school). This is a great company, they are known for taking excellent care of their employees, especially in terms of wages and benefits offered.

Costco also has one of the lowest turnover rates in the industry, and they almost always promote from within their current workforce. If you started working for them today, by the time you graduate from college (depending on your major) you could land a great long term job with a very well run and respected company.

Dunkin Donuts pays me 7.00/hr, and Wal*Mart actually paied me 8.35/hr because of my years of experience in the supermarket retail and my customer service experience.

As for Costco, no, we don't have any in Bangor. But I'm all set with jobs in both Bangor & Home. Dunkin Donuts in Bangor, and Stop & Shop back home which takes great care of their employees. And our store is one of the best in the area since the people who work there and the people who shop there all live in the area. So we're like one big family.