TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"Must be in a Coaster Club"

When since Holiday World announced the Voyage, I decided I had to take a trip out there this summer. A couple days ago, I stumbled upon a flyer for Holiwood Nights, the reincarnation of Stark Raven Mad, and that gave dates to the trip I have to take.

There's one thing, however, that worries me. At registration, I will be required to show my current coaster club membership card. At a measily 145 lbs, I'm no ACEr, nor do I belong to any other formal coaster club. Now to my question: is there a way to "bypass" this? (by means of free clubs, websites, etc.)

If not, I guess this will finally push me to sign up for First Drop, and in turn, ECC.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few cheap clubs out in the amusment world.

Coaster Zombies is like 16 bucks last I checked.

Coaster Crew is 10 bucks a year.

You don't have to be just ace to be at the event.

that flyer tells you what clubs you can be in, with a little research you can find a decent club you like and join to go to Holiwood Nights.

^^ Oh dear God.

Actually, if you sign up to get the news letter by mail, Coaster Zombies is only 10 dollars. That is new this year. Though, I'm not sure if that would be worth it to you since you are on the other side of the country of 95% of their events.

I would just sign up for ECC. Being a member of something has its perks, and you don't really have to pay THAT much.

You can join BACT (the Beer and Coaster Team) but there's an application process, you must be 21 to join, and the newby has to buy the first 3 rounds for everyone else in the club. We're not an authorized club by Holiday World's standards either, so we'll just meet after HWN at Santa's Lodge's bar.

ECC (European Coaster Club) is going to be a bit more expensive than the others at $53 ($49 if you pay by the pound due to the exchange rate), and it won't get you as many club events as say ACE, but it will get you into Holiwood Nights and it does have one great magazine, First Drop. I've heard from more than just Robb that the magazine alone makes it worth joining.

Check out more on them at their website: http://www.coasterclub.org/

I'm driving from Denver for this, so If you're as close as Cincinnati, you should definetely come down. Holiday World usualy isn't open after dark, so that means most of the courses of their great wooden roller coasters are in the dark at night.

just saying this, because no one else has said it: you don't have to be fat to join ACE! 95% of my ACE friends are actually very thin. The perks are great for living in the midwest: Half-price at Paramounts, Half-price at HW, cheap all day ride bracelet @ Indiana Beach. Not to mention the events (like we rode Kentucky Rumbler in March, more than a month before anyone else can ride it!). Don't be so quick to jump on the ACE-hating bandwagon, because about the only thing lacking about ACE I've found is the sub-par newsletter and magazine. ECC's is way better. Besides that, I'm an ACE member and membership has saved me a lot of money over the years, as well as gotten me in to some awsome events and construction tours.

-James "about to get blasted for being an acer" Dillaman

Alot of people are mentioning ECC. How much is that membership? I'm in the same boat here, and I need a reason to go to Holiday World one of these days...

You also don't HAVE to be a member of a coaster club, you can go as someone's guest who is. Just saying... There's a lot of mebers in the cincy area (I'm one of them) who are definitely going to Holiwood Nights and Rumblerfest the next evening.

I'm looking into the future for this but:

THE TPR COASTER CLUB

This actually wouldn't be a bad idea, seeing that we would be an international coaster club instead of being just one country. We would have events everywhere, making it easy for every member to have local meets. I think with the number of people we already have on the forums, we could easily make a coaster club.

---Brent

just saying this, because no one else has said it: you don't have to be fat to join ACE! 95% of my ACE friends are actually very thin.

Not true! I need to shed about 6 or 7 pounds and I gained all of them when I joined ACE. Even Alicia has packed on the pounds. I think she's almost out of a size 4!

Dude, come on, you have 100 posts on this site, surely you've realized we're a sarcastic bunch by now?!?!

That being said, ACE does seem to have some scary people in it, but what Coaster Club doesn't?!?! I almost died the first time I met the WNYCC people! <>

The FLCC seems to have some of the skinnier people, NAPHA has the oldest, ACE has the largest, we're all part of the dorky clubs!

Like Robb and I always say, we're all Trekkies here, some of us dress up and go to conventions, some of us just have all the episodes memorized, but we're still all Trekkies!!!

Make sense?

^ I always refer to us as Trekkies without the costumes.

There's a few nuts in every club.

Another option if you just want entrance to the events is Rideworld. It's only $10.

There's plenty of smaller low cost clubs out there.

It's just a personal decision wether or not you think the more expensive clubs are worth it.

I personally don't put much weight on publications just because it's all available online anyways.

All the major stuff I'm intersted in will drift onto the forums anyways.

I'm looking into the future for this but:

THE TPR COASTER CLUB

This actually wouldn't be a bad idea, seeing that we would be an international coaster club instead of being just one country. We would have events everywhere, making it easy for every member to have local meets. I think with the number of people we already have on the forums, we could easily make a coaster club.

---Brent

I think it would be a great club!

^Ditto. If you think about it, we're one of the largest themepark boards out there. Why not make a club? Ofcourse, extra funds would be needed for "True" membership. Then again, thats sort of what screwed up CB, so I dunno...