TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Unofficial Gay Day @ Cedar Point on June 18th

I was planning on making my 1st trip to Cedar Point since 1999 on Gay Day this year. It will be my first Gay Day at this park. Anyone from the general area want to join me or at least meet me at a certain ride for a TPR coaster ride?

We tried to do this on coasterbuzz last year for Pride Night at Kings Island but never finalized plans before the event because I started the post late. This time we have over two full months! Let me know!

PS: I didn't "Calander" this because I am under the impression that is for official TPR meetings only.

TTFN!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to gay dat at Disneyland. It's pretty much just like any other day except all the gay people stand out because they're wearing red shirts. I guess it helps make local gays meet new people of the same sex instead of trying to guess, or showing that they aren't afraid of admitting they're gay, or maybe both. I guess w/e floats thier boats.

What the hell is the point in gay days?

Why no straight or fridget days...? I don't see how your sexual preference makes you special, but a lot of people disagree. I'd rather you cured cancer then let me know you like boys/girls/dogs/old men in animal costumes.

I guess I'm jealous cause I can't go.

I accidentaly went to DL on gay day, and I was surprised. Not saying that I'm gay, because I'm not, but the other guests were very friendly. I have no problems with these days because it the managements choice to have a gay day and the people that come have the choice.

Brent "I was the one wearing the black shirt when everyone else was wearing pink" Shenton

I'm gay, and I hate: Pink, Purple, Rainbows, and the majority of gay people.

So I think a gay day of any kind would be the most unappealing thing.

To me at least.

But it's nice that these parks provide the opportunity at least, for people who are interested in such a thing.

so what

its just a gay day lol

sfmm has one every year.but its a private party.

~Chris-O

That's why I like our Gay Days out here on the West Coast, almost all are private events where we have the whole park to ourselves! . Gay Day at Water World in Concord is pretty wild!

That's a lie. Gays can marry in Ohio. And I'm sure thousands have.

A man can't marry another man, however. But that goes for straight or gay men.

Rastus O'Ginga

Oh Rastus, honey...how I've missed your snarky comments since the palmy days of yore, when I witnessed your antics on alt.rec.rollercoaster. I guess that the subject of sodomy just brings out the nonlurker in you.

You just can't quit us?

As much fun as it would be to see the Rastus vs. Shepp "Clash Of The Titans", lets keep this on topic and not start a flame war.

Okay...no problem...in all my posts, I've tried to be civil...but, well...there are some provocations too great for my poor will to resist...

Anyway, back on-topic: I'm actually not a big fan myself of all-gay events, cruises, whatever, but to those straights who ask "why a gay day?"...

It's amazing that - even in 2006 - queers still have to put up with so much crap from 'phobes. (BTW, I just saw that Missouri has just revised its anti-discrimination laws to drop sexual-orientation protections, so if you're a gay employee of SFStL, you can once again be fired by an anti-gay supervisor with no recourse. Congrats.)

One year at HHN, I gritted my teeth as an onstage comic made homophobic jokes, then got insulted by some guy who muttered "Fag" at me under his breath. A year later, some very butch white-trash guys at KBF threatened me, and though sexual orientation never was mentioned, it sure seemed like a possible subtext. I'm far from cowardly, but I'd think twice before giving my partner an innocent hug at a theme park. I remember going to a gay march on D.C., being surrounded by queers, and for once feeling totally safe and accepted. Even here in San Francisco, queers get bashed on a regular basis.

(BTW, it's rather odd that those who question gay days almost always give a free pass to Christian days, Gospel days, La Raza days, South Asian days, and all those other affinity days at parks.)

I guess I was wrong! I tried posting this on coasterbuzz.com again for this event and got bashed. I thought from reading these forums that I would be safe. NOTE: The topic of this forum was asking if anyone wanted to join me at this event. I was not: Hey here's your chance to voice your opinion on the gay rights movement! I am very disgusted with this site at the moment!

(BTW, it's rather odd that those who question gay days almost always give a free pass to Christian days, Gospel days, La Raza days, South Asian days, and all those other affinity days at parks.)

I'm hardly a fan of anything the racist La Raza organization does.

Someone will ALWAYS be offended by an event. Just as someone will ALWAYS make fun of you for something. If you really think gays are the only folks that are made fun of in society, you really need to start paying attention.

My advice is for you to accept that there are people that hate you, just like there are people that hate everyone on this Earth, and get on with your life, and stop blaming it on homophobia.

If you go to a group function of a particular sub-group of society, you're an absolute moron if you think you aren't bringing attention to yourself, which will absolutely 100% guaranteed garner a negative response from someone.

Rastus O'Ginga

I guess I was wrong! I tried posting this on coasterbuzz.com again for this event and got bashed. I thought from reading these forums that I would be safe. NOTE: The topic of this forum was asking if anyone wanted to join me at this event. I was not: Hey here's your chance to voice your opinion on the gay rights movement! I am very disgusted with this site at the moment!

I have to agree. What is the point of responding if you're not interested in answering his question?

He's asking if anyone is interested in meeting up with him on a specific day. Any other response than "Hey, yeah, that sounds great" or "No, sorry can't make it, maybe next time" really adds nothing to the conversation other than proving that people can't be mature about that fact that "gay days" exist at parks.

--Robb

If you really think gays are the only folks that are made fun of in society, you really need to start paying attention.

True. People make of Rastus's mullet all the time (Sorry Robb and Jay. I couldn't resist)

Anyways ... I don't think its really an issue of it being a "gay day" so much as meetup threads kind of clutter the boards and just bring out the worst in people. Coasterbuzz probably flamed you more because they don't allow meetup threads than because you were promoting a "gay day" event.

If you really think gays are the only folks that are made fun of in society, you really need to start paying attention.

True. People make of Rastus's mullet all the time (Sorry Robb and Jay. I couldn't resist)

Anyways ... I don't think its really an issue of it being a "gay day" so much as meetup threads kind of clutter the boards and just bring out the worst in people. Coasterbuzz probably flamed you more because they don't allow meetup threads than because you were promoting a "gay day" event.

I have previously posted for as you call it "meet-ups" on coasterbuzz- the case of last years Pride Night at PKI. This last time however I was subjected to things like "They hold it on Fathers' Day to pay tribute to the pain they caused their fathers with their lifestyle!"

I've been online for over 10 years and it is unfortunate nowadays that everyone feels the need to post on every topic they see, reguardless of whether or not it has any meaning to them or not!

^ I didn't mean to come off too strong, but I am surprised that Jeff let any "meet-up" thread last very long. He will usually point people to the Calendar and then close the thread. If it is a sanctioned event then I could see him keeping it open. I do understand that the parks never seem to really "sanction" these particular kind of events.

Anyways, I didn't intend to add more fuel to the fire with my comments. I was only hoping to lighten the situation. People are always going to have strong opinions about the subject and chatting on this or any discussion board isn't going to change anyones minds.

In the future, if you want to see what members intend on attending any particular event, it would probably be best to add it to the calendar or start a roll call. These methods seem to avoid all the noise that comes along with "meet-up" threads.