TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favourite small park

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
I would say Liseberg. It is soo nicely built. Half of the park is on a hill and the other on the bottom and the coasters are just amazing. I love how The S&S swing is on a hill, and Lisebergbanan and their log flume are their to fit the hillside!

Same here. And the park stays open for 14 hours a day in the summer, so you get multiple rides on everything!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

(Similarly to other lists I've made recently, my rankings are by no means strict.)

I absolutely love traditional amusement parks. I can't get enough of the atmosphere, whether it's charming, run-down and seedy, or a little of both.

1. Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

2. Indiana Beach

3. Silverwood Theme Park

4. Holiday World

5. Adventureland

6. Enchanted Forest

^ I'm not so sure I'd consider Silverwood and Holiday World "small" parks. Sure the towns they are in aren't exactly huge, and the parks themselves don't have a ride count on par with Cedar Point, but the amount of land they both own (especially Silverwood) has to be in the top 10 or 20 amongst all individual parks in the country (individual meaning not adding up the land in every Six Flags or Cedar Fair park).

Not saying you're wrong, because everyone has a different take on things. That's just the way I view it.

^Since you brought that up, I'll mention I also considered putting Silver Dollar City on the list, but thought it wouldn't qualify in most people's minds. SDC honestly isn't quite my favorite park, but it is amazing and I had a phenomenal experience at the park that just kept getting better and better as the day went by until I didn't want to leave.

For me it's not even about the coasters. I thought certain coasters at Indiana Beach and Holiday World were overrated. I also didn't get to spend enough time on the coasters at Adventureland and Indiana Beach because there was so much else to enjoy. Silverwood, Holiday World and SCBB each have at least one absolutely amazing coaster that easily make up for any more lackluster rides. Overall, however, it's about the full park experience.

Yeah, I had AWESOME times at Silverwood and Holiday World. They are definitely in a breed of their own, away from the corporate Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks. Having arguably one of the best traditional parks in the world, Kennywood, as my home park, I need to get to more of these traditional parks, like SDC IB, etc.

One of my favourite small parks is Adventure Island (My home Park) Which is quite cool because of Rage.

Also theres this Park down South near Devon called Woodlands which is a nice relaxing park. It has a bobsleigh ride and Some awesome water rides which are some of my favourite theme park slides I have ever been on. I need to get down there for a trip and post it for you guys it's an awesome place!!!!

• 4 months later...

My two favorite small parks are Lake Winnie and Alabama Adventure, both of which have great wooden coasters! Lake Winnie makes the list because it has the best collection of flats ever and a ghetto dark ride. Alabama Adventure is one of my favorites simply because it's an amazing park.

Funtown USA in Saco, Maine is a cool little park. Kind of like a glorified carnival with a Galaxi, S&S Tower and a woodie, but nice nonetheless.

love that place! Canobie Lake is only an hour away and that's going to get so much better with their new eurofighter this year.

Yay for small new england parks near my sleepaway camp!

I haven't been to many small parks but I'd have to say Family Kingdom is my favorite. It's got a good, classic woodie and it's like a street fair.

It's just sitting there in the middle of a sidewalk with a bunch of ghetto rides that are actually fun.