TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favourite small park

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hands down I would have to say Sea Breeze in Rochester, NY!

Its got a killer 1920 Woodie, a fairly unique wooden supported wild mouse type coaster, and a cool spinning coaster (plus a kiddie coaster).

It also has the best Pirate Ship I have ever been on! It swings very VERY high! Higher than I've ever experienced! They also have Flying Scooters, an inverted looping ship thingy, a log flume with rapids, and some fun flat rides.

As far as that woodie is concerned, it has the best ending of any coaster I have ever been on! Lets put it this way- you get airtime going into the station!

I have two. One is Rye Playland or Playland Park in Rye, NY. They have a great woodie with some decent airtime, a fun little wild mouse, and some great water rides and flats. Some of their rides can be rough though like their Zamperla Volare, OUCH that thing hurts.

Another one is Adventureland in Farmingdale, NY. I love their roller coaster, Hurricane, IMO I think it's one of the most intense compact coasters. They have a great log flume and some crazy flats like Frisbee, Pirate Ship, and the Music Express.

I don't post on here nearly as much as I browse but I love this topic.

Indiana Beach is AMAZING. Cornball Express and Hoosier Hurricane are out of control and the boardwalk along with the fair-type attractions and things going on on the lake are breathtaking to me...not to mention the food is outstanding!

My other is Silver Dollar City. I know it has a lot of land, but really does not have many rides but the park is awesome. Everyone dressed up and the food is incredible. They also have Powderkeg which was, for me, the best coaster I rode in 2005. I still need to go back to visit CC.

Mine has to be Bell's in Tulsa, as my screen name and avatar should give away. Zingo is a great John Allen woodie and the park being family owned gives it that relaxed feeling. It has lost some of it's charm over the past several years though with the loss of the Schwarzkopf mini-coater Wildcat and the remoldeling of Phantasmagoria. I'm not sure what to think of the fact that the park maybe moved. I love the idea of them having more space to expand but I hope it doesn't mean the end of another J. Allen classic. I need to make a trip back to Tulsa this year so I can ride it again just in case.

Zingo is a great John Allen woodie and the park being family owned gives it that relaxed feeling.

Amen to that, especiallt the guy that loads the Zingo dressed like the lone ranger who called himself 'Kato'. He seemed very impressed and proud that a Brit had ridden his coaster.

I'm somewhat meh on Hanayashiki, but I really like Arakwa Yuen. They took out the unique Meisho coaster for a wacky worm, but it still has a delightful atmosphere. How many parks feature a wading stream and a fishing pond? On a weekday it's tranquil, on a Sunday you can't hardly move for all the kids and their young parents.

• 1 month later...
Mine has to be Bell's in Tulsa, as my screen name and avatar should give away. Zingo is a great John Allen woodie and the park being family owned gives it that relaxed feeling. It has lost some of it's charm over the past several years though with the loss of the Schwarzkopf mini-coater Wildcat and the remoldeling of Phantasmagoria. I'm not sure what to think of the fact that the park maybe moved. I love the idea of them having more space to expand but I hope it doesn't mean the end of another J. Allen classic. I need to make a trip back to Tulsa this year so I can ride it again just in case.

Amen Zingo!

Wildcat was great until it left. I only wish I was a little older so I could have ridden Mad Mouse-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My favorite small park is my home park, Lake Compounce. The park has an old classic wooden coaster, Wildcat, and of course, the incredible Boulder Dash. The park has a Vekoma Boomerang, Zoomerang, which I have heard, and agreed is the smoothest Vekoma Boomerang. The Lake also has an S&S Power Screamin' Swing, Thunder N' Lightning which is incredibly fun . Uhh, we also have a great little water park with a swimming lake, some nice slides, a log flume, a great rapids ride, a skyride which goes im pretty positive 1,132ft up a mountain, as well as many other great flats! Lake Compounce is officially amazing.

-Coastakid