TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags and B&M Inverters

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as how enthusiasts hate Six Flags' reuse of B:TR, its a kickass ride. There shouldn't be another design and the reason why SF decided to keep using the same design is because its more economic.

It would cost more time and money for each of the rides to be a custom design than just cloning an existing design.

It would cost more time and money for each of the rides to be a custom design than just cloning an existing design.

It's not even that reason. It all comes down to a solid ride, which B:TR is, and the fact these rides hold up well, operation-wise and maintenance-wise. Plus, they're popular with riders, and they don't take up much space (for some reason, that's an issue with most SF parks). SFOG's B:TR has overflow queue underneath it's loading platform. It's an example of "If it isn't broken, don't fix it."

Isn't every Batman at least *slightly* different? Like different heights, and small changes to the layout depending on terrain? That's what I've heard, other than that, they're pretty much the same.

What was the order that the Batman's were built?

I think some of them have diffrent heights, but nothing big. I would like to see a Batman coaster thats like 130-140 feet in the air, with a Dive loop, one vertical loop, cobra roll, a zero g roll, and a pair of flat spins, all flighing through a gotham city model. Just imagine flying in, out, and around buildings, incorrpurat the inversions with the scenery: like you are about to hit a building ,but at the last minute you gto through a dive loop!

Call it home-park favoritism if you want, but I prefer Raptor over Batman. I'm certainly not calling it a bad ride; it beats the hell out of an SLC torture machine! B:TR is probably the best Six Flags clone ride IMO, and an example of the kind of ride they should have put into every one of their parks. I wish Premier Parks-era Geauga Lake had put one of those in instead of Serial Killamajig.

As far as the differences, the biggest one is that the SFNO and SFStL rides are a mirror image of the others. Oh, and the Mexico Batman is a Vekoma quality Supanded Lauping Claster.

It may just be me because I have been on the Raptor, Alpengiest, montu, Talon, Top Gun PCW, and Silver Bullet. I went on all of these then the first time I got on Batman was last year at SFOG. I went on it and said it was just okay.

I think some of them have diffrent heights, but nothing big. I would like to see a Batman coaster thats like 130-140 feet in the air, with a Dive loop, one vertical loop, cobra roll, a zero g roll, and a pair of flat spins, all flighing through a gotham city model. Just imagine flying in, out, and around buildings, incorrpurat the inversions with the scenery: like you are about to hit a building ,but at the last minute you gto through a dive loop!

R&E's Spain PTR had a Batman that was themed to the insane asylum.

Well DD is by far the best inverter EVER! Topgun at PCW with a close 2nd!

Are those the only two you've ridden?

I can thing of quite a few inverts that are better then Topgun.

Techically speaking Topgun isn't an Invert it's an SLC.