TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

ExpeditionEverest-Continues-Discovery Channel- DirectersCuts

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9pm EDT will be 6pm PDT, but they often run two feeds, meaning that it will air twice.

Chances are, I probably won't watch it. I got bored with the coaster shows a long time ago because they were pretty much the same thing over and over. I've already seen construction pictures and on-ride/POV videos. Good enough for me.

Eric

Chances are, I probably won't watch it. I got bored with the coaster shows a long time ago because they were pretty much the same thing over and over. I've already seen construction pictures and on-ride/POV videos. Good enough for me.

It's a bit cooler than that. There's a lot of travelogue footage from when Joe Rhode and crew were in Nepal and China. It's worth checking out--it's not just how they built the ride.

The show was cool to see, especially for me since I had seen hours and hours of the raw footage from the Discovery team. It was interesting to see what they edited and changed around to make it more TV worthy. The part where they are translating the old monks stories is especially funny, because it would take 20 minutes and 4 translators to get from Joe's question to the monk's answer and vice versa. Needless to say that was some very boring footage.

^ The show tonight on The Science Channel will be more indepth about the actual construction of the attraction, with a lot of Yeti stuff!

And I'm sure Joe really didn't NEED to take all those trips to Nepal. I wonder how much of the budget went towards his research trips that could have went to finishing the backside of the mountain or sprucing up some other so-so effects (bird on a stick)?

Darnit, I don't have the Science Channel...does anyone know what the next network will be? Isn't it Animal Planet or Discovery Channel?

I believe it's on the discovery channel Wednesday at 8:00 pm eastern time.

If you haven't seen the Science channel show, I highly reccomend it. They show all of the interesting angles of Everest, including the transfer tracks and LOTS of footage of the yeti itself.

One of the things I thought was funny, was when the yeti was being developed in Cali, they wouldn't allow cameras to show its face so the entire thing was hidden behind a blurry sheet of plastic. Later in the show, however, the entire yeti is shown. Goddamn is it ever huge. it will be even more impressive when I see it in person.

Great job Joe and company!