TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most famous coaster in the west????

The reason im asking for the most famous coaster in the west instead of in north america.Is because I think everyone is going to say the coney island cyclone. so i just wanted to narrow it down to the west coast.

so what do you think is the most famous coaster in the west?

~Chris-O

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think it IS Big Thunder Mountain. I remember reading something somewhere that said more people (families, etc) go on Big Thunder Mountain than any other coaster at Disneyland, and I'm sure the most popular coaster in the west would have to be at Disneyland, so I'm assuming that would be your answer.

Now of course did you mean from an "enthusiast" standpoint or your "Joe Arkansas Wal-Mart Public" standpoint?

From an "enthusiast" standpoint I'd have to say it's probably X or Xcelerator. I know more people who come out and seem to HAVE to ride one or both of those more than any other coaster in the west. I know just this year alone about 6 people we know came out and did the running of the bulls for X.

--Robb

ps. Some proper capitalization in you topic title would be nice!

From a word of mouth standing, I'd say either Matterhorn or Big Thunder Mountain. (but since Big Thunder is also at almost every other Disney park, I'll leave that out).

From a seeing it on tv or movies, I'd go with either Viper, West Coaster, or Coaster at Playland.

A bunch of people know about X, but can never remember the name of it or the park its at, just "the one that does the flips the whole time in Los Angeles".

I still remember when Beverly Hills 90210 went to Magic Mountain and Donna rode Viper and someone got their purse stolen!

I'd have to give the nod to X. There was alot made of this thing when it debuted, and it caught the attention of many more people outside of the enthusiast community than we might think. Word travels fast about gimmicks like X, TTD and KK. It's hard to argue that they're not the focal points of each region they represent.

In the 90's you would ALWAYS see Viper constantly in every show, movie, commercial whatever....80's it was always collosus...I remember thinking they had to be the best coasters in the world since they were always on TV and the movies in the 21st century so far It is really hard to pick one coaster in california that is famous still (I think most people on the east coast do not even know there is a Disney park in California)....I am just going by what people would actually see in the media.

JEFF

I gotta agree with a bunch of you say the MATTERHORN BOBSLEDS.

Not only was it the first in a lot of catagories, it is the one and only. Unlike Space Mtn and BTMRR, it was never replicated; and never will be (thanks to today's building codes and ride standards).

The A3/B4 Tunnel...what clearance envelope?