TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Elissa and Non-German Tom Go To Alton Towers!

I think the reason Air spends so much time on the back is because the ride is so graceful and forceless that you end up falling asleep on it during the lift ascent and B&M just wanted to be polite and let you nap on your back for a few moments.

Very happy to see Neme is still rocking!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Air doesn't spend too much time on it's back... It's the only really forceful bit that the whole train experiences and flipping onto your back is quite a thrill I think! Plus you can't see where you're going and it's cool!

A few people I know from school went yesterday and they spotted Tom cause we were i nthe same school for a few years.

Air doesn't spend too much time on it's back... It's the only really forceful bit that the whole train experiences and flipping onto your back is quite a thrill I think! Plus you can't see where you're going and it's cool!

Thank you, at least someone agrees with me! I find it pretty damn scary scary when you flip back to the flying position because your so close to the ground, and there a rock that I always think I'm guna hit!

^ Hey, I'm not saying you guys are wrong, just say that, after having been on almost all the flyers in the world, it just seems weird that Air does that, and IMO (as well as Elissa's) doesn't feel as much like a "flyer" because of it.

Not sure what else to say. It's lame to be sitting there on your back looking at the sky when you're on a coaster that is supposed to give you the "flying" sensation.

*shrug*

--Robb

Hey Robb, do you feel the same way about Bat Wing & BORG Assimilator?

Air was designed to be a relaxing, smooth ride that gives you the feeling of flight, and I think it does all that, I think its a nice break from the norm as you have the mega intense Nemesis next door to it!

But the only problem with it is where it is, its really not suited in the fobidden valley, well the themeing isn't anyway! IMO

Nice photo's Robb.

I really wanne go back to Alton Towers, too bad it's like 7 hours driving from here and i'm just 16.

Nemesis and Air doesn't have a real first drop but do they need that?

Don't think so, Nemesis is one of the best inverted coasters with fantastique theme. I love the G's on that coaster.

Air is a nice coaster to, the ride-experience is verry strange. For me it's the first flying coaster so i don't now witch wanne's are better. That's for later.

Have fun in the UK

Hey Robb, do you feel the same way about Bat Wing & BORG Assimilator?

Air was designed to be a relaxing, smooth ride that gives you the feeling of flight, and I think it does all that, I think its a nice break from the norm as you have the mega intense Nemesis next door to it!

But the only problem with it is where it is, its really not suited in the fobidden valley, well the themeing isn't anyway! IMO

I like Batwing and Borg MUCH better. Look, I mean, I just don't like the ride, ok? There's nothing wrong with that, I just simply don't think it's very good. Regardless of "how it was designed."

I know that mine trains are designed to be relaxing family rides and there are ones that I like a lot and others that I think are crap.

Just because I have an opinion of something doesn't mean I don't understand what the ride is supposed to do.

I can completely appreciate those of you who think it's great. That's awesome! I'm glad people like it. I just don't and please don't let that get you too upset. Look at it this way, there will be one less person in line in front you! Although, then again, if I'm going to travel thousands of miles to go to Alton Towers, I'd be pretty stupid to not give it at least one courtesy ride!

And I agree that the theming is pretty out of place too....

--Robb "...so to me the ride has very few redeeming qualities!" Alvey

(rumor has it that Toyland Tours was MUCH better)

Only because it had the hippo with the 'wobbling boobies'

And Robb, I don't like Air either. Bores me to death if I'm to be perfectly honest. I go to the Forbidden Valley for one reason and one reason only...

hippo.jpg.2a0d736444bf2778f46af58eb8e5b6c1.jpg

In all her glory

I still cant' decide about Rita!

I thought the launch was TERRIBLE, but the ride was still fun at the same time. Heck, I actually got airtime in 2 places! I wanted to hate the ride, but came away feeling kind of 'giddy', although I didn't bother waiting again, so who knows!

When I ride again in June I'll see if I can make up my mind!

^You guys are bringing my excitement of Rita down. Not that I ever cared for the name, but from the pictures I've seen, it looks very GeForce-ish. I guess pictures do it more justice, or I haven't really looked all that much (which I haven't!)

Heh.. Rita sucks really. It does have some impressive airtime but it goes around the track so quickly it's over very suddenly.

The launch I thought it quiet wierd... It seems to get to 60mph in about a second, and then stops accelerating, but then the train sorta slows and you get thrust forwards..

A wierd ride really..