TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Commercials

Ok so I am watching television tonight, and the commercial advertising the birthday celebration/changes at Six Flags St. Louis, and just like every other year, they show attractions from OTHER parks, but not ours.. I think one year they showed the Screamin Eagle, but that was it-- I mean they don't even show the right Superman Tower of Power, they show someone elses ride. Now when I have been in California I have seen ads for Magic Mountain, and actually saw magic mountain attractions, and the same went for Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, it shows their attractions..

what is up with that? is it just here in St. Louis or do other people experience this, or does the advertisement for YOUR Six Flags show your parks attractions or the ones for your park

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a couple years ago, in an ad for paramount's king's island, there was a ride that was clearly the B&M version of Top Gun, not the arrow suspended we have here. I've often noticed this in park's ads that are owned by chains. I think they do it to save on costs of filming new footage, and they think most people won't notice.

The SFMM commercials here do not show only SFMM attractions. Scream! is adverised with Medusa footage, and Tatsu has been seen as S:UF and a Vekoma Flyer in the commercials. Also, there is a short clip of an intamin impulse on our ad even though there is no such coaster at SFMM. Whatever.. the GP buys it, therefore the commercial has served it's purpose.

I seriously have a picture of Kings Dominion's "Volcano" before it opened from a Paramount ad. I believe it's a picture of 2 people on an Intamin drop ride rotated toward the ground and edited with some graphics of the ride track and the mountain. It almost looks like it was going to be a flying coaster. Probably the worst editing job for a coaster ever... But when you think about it, marketing is big business, and parks will cut corners wherever they can to save money. I don't belive the General Public notices it much.

yea for PKD commercials here we see more shots of SOB and Vortex (PKI) than anything else.....I have never seen an actual commercial where BGW used something from another Busch park....they have used photoshopped pics of Montu before Alpengeist opened but none since.

JEFF

I don't belive the General Public notices it much.

I am certain that they are counting on this being the case. Most people cannot tell te difference between and Arrow, B&M, or Vekoma. Same goes for Intamin Drop/S&S Tower.

We just happen to be geeks. sixflagshouston.com has footage of Batman: The Escape. It was actually shockwave from SFMM.

The funniest one that I have seen was for Goliath @ SFOG. They used footage of SFMM's Goliath, thinking, "It has the same name and colors, so nobody will notice!" Lol, they could have at least used another B&M hyper, or even better, the computer rendered POV.

I also have a brochure for SFOG that used Stealth's vertical loop to advertise for SUF! ANd that was last year, when it had already been open for 3 years!

It still amazes me that people expect video footage for a ride that isn't even open yet.

wow you amaze easily--what was this directed at?

if your refering to me talking about the Superman Tower of Power, I am aware of the fact that the ride isnt open till may, but you know what, they can at least show the right ride, and not something completly different..

look at the pics below--"One of these things is not like the other"

The one on the left is what they show on the TV, the one on the right is what we have at the park-- BIG difference...

towers.jpg.63f6d24965445416a9dcf6ab774ddf72.jpg

I remember when S:ROS opened at SFDL, they used shots of Viper at SFMM, leading many people to think the ride would not only have OTSR's, but LOOPS as well. At that point, SF didn't have any hypers in the chain, so that was about as close as they could get.

Being 11 years old at the time, I was actually dissapointed that the ride didn't have inversions! That sure changed quickly.